Jump to content

Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/25/2022 at 4:57 PM, smuvtalker said:

He sure did.  I have no doubt the Pats are gonna be fired up... I'll be honest,  I didn't expect them to be 6-5 at this point in the season.  As much as I hate them, Belichick has them overachieving, and Thursday's game is gonna be a dogfight, at least in my opinion.  We just have too many injuries right now to blow teams out.  Maybe I'm being overdramatic, but I also feel like Belichick has been waiting to face us ever since we humiliated his Pats last year....TWICE.  I mean we didn't just beat them, we straight up eviscerated them, in front of the entire country.  Both the team AND Josh Allen set all kinds of records in those games, and Belichick's ego took a major humbling.  

 

Remember back in 2003, Buffalo played the Patriots, and spanked them 31-0?  It was the year the Pats cut Lawyer Milloy, and he signed with the Bills....even recorded a sack...well go figure, in the second meeting that year, the Pats beat us....and what was the score?  31-0.  You think that was coincidence?   I don't.  

 

I thought they canceled the X-files and the Smoking Man conspiracy theories…

 

11 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

 

Might be more of an indictment on the weird schedule the last couple of weeks (i.e. extremely limited practice/prep time).  I would imagine in the next couple of weeks Hines will be more involved.  It wouldn't shock me if he isn't a HUGE part of this week's game...but more over the next few games.


Why blame life / reality when you have an axe to grind against the coaches?

Edited by Rat-boy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billever76 said:

Off topic but Miami hasn't faced a team with more than 4 wins since Oct 16th and they lost that game lol...last team Miami beat with a winning record was Bills in week 3.......what a cake schedule Miami goes from mid October until beginning of December without facing a team with more than 4 wins and 2 of the teams they played in that stretch were 1 win teams


Yes, this.
 

Fish have SF next week on the road? Let’s see how they do against a real D. It could get ugly.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billever76 said:

Off topic but Miami hasn't faced a team with more than 4 wins since Oct 16th and they lost that game lol...last team Miami beat with a winning record was Bills in week 3.......what a cake schedule Miami goes from mid October until beginning of December without facing a team with more than 4 wins and 2 of the teams they played in that stretch were 1 win teams

I expect them to lose their next 3 games and be 8-6...could easily happen

Edited by Process
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

This game is very big for division tiebreakers.  We have to beat the Pats* twice to have a winning record in our division.  That is an important tiebreaker that we want to get.  

True. Never expected an 0-2 division record. And honestly that slipped my mind. Ok, then, let’s kick their ass. 

  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

Fyi- for the uniform crowd…i saw a video online of Patriots practice today and it looked like they were wearing white helmets with the old Patriots logo,

the guy hiking the football.

When I was a very small lad I distinctly remember asking my brother why one team had a clown on their helmet - that's what it looked like to me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I listened to WGR (Howard and Jeremy, Joe on Extra Point Show) on 11/25 on my drive back home tonight.

 

It was the standard checklist:

1. Don’t run the ball with running backs

 

2. If you have to, run with Allen

 

3. And the one I couldn’t stand was this constant pushing that Allen is hurt, he’s missing throws he normally makes, but they have no explanation for the 90-yard drive in the 4th or the 36-yarder to Diggs.

 

They’ll say things like “I’m not looking at the All-22” when they literally do this for a living.

 

They could take a 40-hour work week and actually watch guys like Kurt Warner, Josh McCown and others break all of this down so they could credit and have better explanations for their listeners.

 

Instead, it’s golf analogies and constant Twitter references. 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Have the Bills ever played back to back Thursday games? But its not just the Bills, the Pats are also playing back to back Thursday games. That has to be some sort of strange scheduling anomaly?

 

Yes the schedule makers screwed up.  They usually give the Pats 10 days rest before playing us 🤣

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Have the Bills ever played back to back Thursday games? But its not just the Bills, the Pats are also playing back to back Thursday games. That has to be some sort of strange scheduling anomaly?

The NFL did this last season as well with the Thursday Thanksgiving teams. 2 of them played the following Thursday. I thought it was strange then and noticed they did it again this season

 

Without looking it up I'm assuming they have done it for a while, as it makes sense from a competitive advantage stand point. Instead of 6 teams with 11 days rest only 4 do 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I listened to WGR (Howard and Jeremy, Joe on Extra Point Show) on 11/25 on my drive back home tonight.

 

It was the standard checklist:

1. Don’t run the ball with running backs

 

2. If you have to, run with Allen

 

3. And the one I couldn’t stand was this constant pushing that Allen is hurt, he’s missing throws he normally makes, but they have no explanation for the 90-yard drive in the 4th or the 36-yarder to Diggs.

 

They’ll say things like “I’m not looking at the All-22” when they literally do this for a living.

 

They could take a 40-hour work week and actually watch guys like Kurt Warner, Josh McCown and others break all of this down so they could credit and have better explanations for their listeners.

 

Instead, it’s golf analogies and constant Twitter references. 


 

I’m hate #2 if I was a Bills fan. Allen is your franchise QB, he should only be running if the play breaks down and sliding before he gets hit. What they want will shorten his career significantly!  

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Have the Bills ever played back to back Thursday games? But its not just the Bills, the Pats are also playing back to back Thursday games. That has to be some sort of strange scheduling anomaly?

 

I think the bigger thing with the Thursday games is that the Bills had 3 road Thursday games this year if you count the kickoff game.   It is generally hard to win on the road on Thursday statistically.  The fact they have two in a row is actually smart by the NFL.  Two Thursday games, one short week, one mini bye vs disrupting two weeks with the short turnaround.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

We find out THU if Billacheat is as good as advertised. Billy has had a year to digest beat down by JA17-Superman. Game time re adjustments by the Bills O will be huge. 

 

He's not. Big difference when you don't have the GOAT QB anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HOUSE changed the title to What does Bill Belichick have planned for the Bills this week?
  • BuffaloBill unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...