Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

48 minutes ago, Realist said:

Not too worried about NE's running game next week, however, our defense has made Goff, Brisset, and Zack freakin' Wilson look the next coming Tom Brady.

I know we were missing a couple of guys but our offensive line was terrible against the Lions. Spencer Brown had a career worst game and I've already seen a bunch of career worst games from him prior to Thursday. If they don't get better, Allen is going to get killed back there or make some horrible mistakes. 

With all of our injuries,  this going to be a very difficult game.

To be fair,  Cleveland and Detroit are two of the best offenses in the league.  We actually held Detroit under their average yardage/ point totals believe it or not lol. Cleveland was about 20 yards over their average but a big chunk of that was garbage time 

if we had klein instead of Bernard/Dodson for the jets game there’s no way they would’ve cracked double digits.  Those two guys are just not nfl caliber yet. Kleins pretty average but Dodson has been awful so it’s a huge upgrade if edmunds is still out especially because he’s a solid run defender and the pats like to run 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I thought Parker was hurt. I could be wrong the point being I don’t think their quarterback is that good

Last 2 games he has played good and amazing with a QBR over 100 for both games.  The Pats O issue is stupid penalties like false starts and holding.. that kill a drive and or allow for the D pin their ears back to pass rush. 

BUT anyone who is honest will say they are not sure what Jones is yet. He could be a good QB or a bust still. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Allen seems to elevate his play for the Patriots. Hopefully that continues. 

Should be an interesting game…I don’t doubt belichicks ability to minimize diggs’ impact this season but they’ve got a mostly new crew of linebackers who seem to have struggled against qbs that can run

it does seem to me that with his elbow injury they are making a more concerted effort to not run josh as much though so I’m expecting a close one.  Really gotta win this one for tiebreaker considerations with Miami if we want to take the division

I think pats,dolphins, and bills will likely all make the playoffs though. Cincy overtook the jets as expected 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

IMO, the Hoodie's gonna try to find success by either...getting another performance from Jones like Thursday's, or run over Taron Johnson all day if the Bills are gonna commit to nickle. (see also last year).

If Edmunds is in they need to run a 4-3 and rotate blitzing a LB on every play....unless it's 3rd and long and they want to send Johnson. The main point being that they need to lay the wood to Alfred E. Jones and get him all red in the face and such right off the bat.

A.J. Klein is gonna end up saving our butts at points. I am so glad he's back.

They should be able to play man with safety help on Parker.

Edited by nosejob

21 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

To be fair,  Cleveland and Detroit are two of the best offenses in the league.  We actually held Detroit under their average yardage/ point totals believe it or not lol. Cleveland was about 20 yards over their average but a big chunk of that was garbage time 

if we had klein instead of Bernard/Dodson for the jets game there’s no way they would’ve cracked double digits.  Those two guys are just not nfl caliber yet. Kleins pretty average but Dodson has been awful so it’s a huge upgrade if edmunds is still out especially because he’s a solid run defender and the pats like to run 

You do know NE made both of those O look bad right? Both those QBs suck you know that right? 

that said I want see Mac continue play smart and deliver quick fast strikes. I don’t expect them to win I just want see the O play well again and maybe just maybe a punt or two forced by the D. 

• Eyeroll 2

This game worries me..  I want Allen healthy for the two home games vs Jets and Miami.   You could tell McD was frustrated that Josh took contact in that Detroit game when he could've slid earlier.  I would really keep Allen protected in this one.  Yes we want to win, but this is where the D and RB's need to carry it.  The Pats are going to want to make a statement here from last seasons embarrasment.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

You do know NE made both of those O look bad right? Both those QBs suck you know that right? 

that said I want see Mac continue play smart and deliver quick fast strikes. I don’t expect them to win I just want see the O play well again and maybe just maybe a punt or two forced by the D. 

Idk what has gotten into them recently then though because they were consistently dropping dimes into tight coverage the last few weeks lol  there is also a lot more to offense than qb play as I assumed a pats fan would know 😂

we also had the biggest defensive liability I’ve ever seen in my life at LB when one of edmunds/Milano is out that we recently plugged up by signing Klein who played pretty well this week.  I think the pats are catching us a week or two too late 

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This game worries me..  I want Allen healthy for the two home games vs Jets and Miami.   You could tell McD was frustrated that Josh took contact in that Detroit game when he could've slid earlier.  I would really keep Allen protected in this one.  Yes we want to win, but this is where the D and RB's need to carry it.  The Pats are going to want to make a statement here from last seasons embarrasment.  

Thank goodness Allen didn’t slide. They needed every yard and the slide would have changed the spot for the kick by quite a bit. 2 less yards and that kick was probably no good. They needed to win the game and if it requires Allen to sell out then so be it. 

26 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This is what worries me -  the Cheaters looking to take cheap shots at Josh like they did in 2019 when they concussed him with a cheap shot.  Sliding is not necessarily protection when the other team is trying to injure you with cheap shots

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, stevewin said:

This is what worries me -  the Cheaters looking to take cheap shots at Josh like they did in 2019 when they concussed him with a cheap shot.  Sliding is not necessarily protection when the other team is trying to injure you with cheap shots

Absolutely. The entire franchise is scum and they're taught to play like scum, hence the Brady and Jones trips we've seen this season.

They'll definitely be going after Allen's elbow every chance they get

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, stevewin said:

They will definitely be looking to apply a head shot, I have no doubt about that. They don’t care about a flag or a fine. 

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Thank goodness Allen didn’t slide. They needed every yard and the slide would have changed the spot for the kick by quite a bit. 2 less yards and that kick was probably no good. They needed to win the game and if it requires Allen to sell out then so be it. 

What is sad is that when the Bills needs a few extra yards, in critical situations like this, Allen is where they have to go to gain the yards.

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He needs to get healthy. Romo was spot on saying Allen is hurt. 

You needed Romo to inform you that Allen is hurt?? Pay attention much?

And it's the Pats.....I ain't scurred. Only thing that scares me is their dirty ass defense. Everyone should take a drink every time a Pats player tries to injure Josh. We'd all be passed out by halftime. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

You needed Romo to inform you that Allen is hurt?? Pay attention much?

And it's the Pats.....I ain't scurred. Only thing that scares me is their dirty ass defense. Everyone should take a drink every time a Pats player tries to injure Josh. We'd all be passed out by halftime. 

I bet it's his elbow.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

What is sad is that when the Bills needs a few extra yards, in critical situations like this, Allen is where they have to go to gain the yards.

It was more sad that for years when they needed critical yards they didn’t have a QB that could get them. 

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I'll give this guy credit, at least he shows up game week, unlike the jets or fish fans 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.