Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

More so than Poyer? I certainly don't agree with that.  

He might be our most reliable corner, but that's a pretty low bar. He's been getting picked on in coverage quite a bit. 

Agreed, not really making excuses for the guy, he's been posterized way too many times this season. I was just lamenting that we do need to keep realistic expectations in mind, even though he's being asked to do more. 

He played very well last year when taking over for Tre...even through the first few games this year...which leads me to believe the issue isn't as much with him per se as it is with having to devote resources elsewhere which then prevents them from doing what they normally do...ie, they are playing more man coverages and/or requiring safety help elsewhere.

I think the Hyde injury has really hurt them in that regard.  Hamlin is pretty good in terms of run defense but a liability in coverage.

Edited by Big Turk

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Dawkins left Thurs game in a boot and may be out due to injury

Damar Hamlin would be a new add, and a big one.

It would be hard to see illness 3 days from the game being a reason a player missed a game.  I mean I am sure it has happened before but would be very unlikely.

8 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Can’t be reliable if you’re not on the field. 

TJ hasn’t missed a game. 

To be clear, when healthy, Poyer, Hyde, and White are all better players than TJ. 

TJ has a knack for making clutch plays in the big moment tho...101 yard INT against Baltimore in the playoffs and INT to end the game against KC this year...also turned the tide of the Steeler game with a pick 6 right before the half a few years ago.

Edited by Big Turk

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

From Sal Cappacio.  On the sideline past Allen, you can see Davis, Diggs, and McKenzie practicing. 

Shakir is still out with illness.

to the OP you're killing me Smalls

According to WGR he is still injured and the ball is wobbly on that last throw. 

Give me a break. 

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I want the Bills to win. The best chance for that is to unleash Allen which includes his legs. That includes designed runs and RPOs. You don't limit a QBs talents and thus limiting the team's ability to win. I'm getting tired of the constant don't let Allen run BS. You have years of watching Allen run without injury. The guy is durable and can take a hit. I mean should we say don't let him pass because he might get hurt? You do know the odds of him getting hurt are dramatically more when he drops back. Did he hurt his elbow running? I'm not advocating reckless running. Look at the Detroit game. After the Diggs catch they ran two fantastic designed Allen runs to get Bass an easier FG. Please people stop with the don't let Allen run crap. Allen isn't Tua. Play to win don't play scared. 

Mark this post for yourself when Allen gets hurt and your season is derailed because you run your QB more than your RB.  Sorry that’s not playing scared it’s called playing smart! You don’t risk the long term health of your Franchise for 1 season.  

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 3

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Care to elaborate?

Well, let's pull out the depth chart:

1. Diggs

2. Davis

3. McKenzie

4. Shakir - Not at practice

5. Stevenson - IR

6. Kumerow - IR

7. Crowder - IR

Leaving ... John Brown and Tanner Gentry.....

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

1. Diggs

2. Davis

3. McKenzie

5. Stevenson - IR

6. Kumerow - IR

7. Crowder - IR

I misunderstood.  When you said half of the starting WR room, I didn't know you were still counting the guys on IR, who've been gone for a while.  I thought you meant something was wrong with Diggs, Davis or McKenzie.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Mark this post for yourself when Allen gets hurt and your season is derailed because you run your QB more than your RB.  Sorry that’s not playing scared it’s called playing smart! You don’t risk the long term health of your Franchise for 1 season.  

I'm making a motion to permaban Mr. Pats Fan, here, for trying to jinx our QB and our season.

All in favor??

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

According to Jeremy White, there will be panic if the Bills can't score more than 23 points. 

I've felt all year that as long as the offense is intact, I feel good about the game. 

It looks like Morse is trending the right way, and we'll have to see if Dawkins can get there as well. 

Offensively, I expect Spencer Brown to be beaten several times, he's not that good. And Quesenberry is not Walter Jones. 

So if the Bills win 23-20, who cares. 

I still think the Bills need to get to about 20-carries a game combined for Singletary/Cook. 

Defensively, New England shouldn't be able to light the Bills up through the air with more White, Elam and Rhodes, especially if Tremaine Edmunds is back. 

RB Stephenson is a worry for me. And their TE game has picked up. Even MacCorkle has looked decent. Bills need to be ready Thursday.

37 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well Shakir wasn't seen at practice. 

Kumerow is out. 

Crowder is out. 

Gentry was already called up for the Browns game. 

So it's down to the bottom of the barrel after McKenzie. 

I guess I see Diggs, Davis, and McKenzie as the starters on offense. 

Kumerow mostly affects ST and has been out 2 weeks already, and Crowder has been on IR for 8 weeks now.

It sounds very dramatic the way you phrased it, but I thought you were introducing some new and bad news.

4 of the 8 guys out with illness were back at practice today, with Damar Hamlin a new add, so hopefully Shakir comes back and we don't add anyone else.

But yeah, we're thin (and the Browns game was Gentry's 2nd call up, the Lions game was the 3rd), I'm sure that's why we added Brown.

It's kind of bad luck/bad management we lost Hodgins.

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I misunderstood.  When you said half of the starting WR room, I didn't know you were still counting the guys on IR, who've been gone for a while.  I thought you meant something was wrong with Diggs, Davis or McKenzie.

Yeah, I read it the same way and freaked out

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

1. Diggs

2. Davis

3. McKenzie

5. Stevenson - IR

6. Kumerow - IR

7. Crowder - IR

By the way, I didn't realize this but FYI Stevenson was "designated for return" from IR on Nov 17th.  His bad luck that he was given a window with minimal practices due to snow, illness, and a short week, but the Bills have until Dec 7th to either place him on the 53 man roster or send him to season-ending IR.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

1. Diggs

2. Davis

3. McKenzie

5. Stevenson - IR

6. Kumerow - IR

7. Crowder - IR

Gentry would have to be signed to the 53 right? 

So then Brown is very likely to play Thursday 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.