Very disturbing to see how many fans have turned against Allen.

BuffaloBills1998

LOVE Allen. Most exciting player to watch. His play has been very frustrating since the second half of Green Bay.. but then he goes and does what he did today, and it makes you realize how much of a gamer this guy is. I still wouldn’t want any other QB on our team.  

That said, it’s a message board.  We talk about how great he is a lot.  But if he is playing poorly, people are allowed to say he’s playing poorly.  I don’t get the sense that people have flat out turned on him though.. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, downunderbill said:

It's the beauty of Gameday threads, that's where the unstable defeatists go to lay down their hot takes. It's quite funny sometimes, every single play is make or break.

You’d have though Von Miller had a compound fracture with bone hanging out his leg by the reactions in the game day thread. Loose association with reality many folks.

I’m not sure people have turned on Josh.  He is clearly hurt, not seeing the field well or can’t make the passes he generally makes, and the OL and play calling are awful.  When he is healthy we likely win by more the last 2 games—Cle especially, but the OL and play calling deficiencies really show themselves here.  The red zone INT’s are a head scratcher.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

Some fans think the sky is falling when a player doesn’t play well, some think it’s blasphemy to talk about a franchise player badly. The fact is, JA17 hasn’t played well, he has an elbow injury, and I’m not sure if that is factoring in, or if he’s just going through a rut. That being said, he’s our franchise qb and we love him, but just like Gabe Davis, or Dane Jackson, he hasn’t been great, and it’s ok to say that. Hopefully this team peaks at the right time but we’re sneaking out wins right now under tough circumstances. Go bills

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Allen is playing hurt which is why he's been playing putrid the last several weeks. 

Putrid is the last 20 qb's before Allen... well most of them. I would never put the word Putrid in front or just behind the name Josh Allen. that being said, i agree with your point.

• Agree 1

Meh, I do not see it this way (turning on Josh).

I see passionate fans having expectations not being met....either by an inch or a mile. Now are/were the expectations incorrect? Yes.  The media way overplayed Josh this offseason (MVP, superbowl winner, next coming of Joe Montana, etc), and Bills fans being the believing and trusting type went with it.  And those who went with these national "experts" are also to blame as one really needs to calibrate expectations against reality, not this goofy narrative weeks before game one is even played.

Also, many fans post stuff in the heat of the moment when either the Bills are in fact losing or looking like they are about to grab a loss from the jaws of victory. 

The internet has been around for years, why in the world would anyone make a summative conclusion about a fan base during high emotion times?  That seems equally odd; to me at least.  To each their own I guess.

Josh has played brilliantly at times this year and he has played like Wyoming Josh at times and everywhere in between.....plus it is clear that he has looked uber confident and then absolutely shell-shocked.  As such, people comment.

You do not have to be a good soldier 100% of the time, in a forum like this. It is perfectly ok to bounce around based on how your team plays. Or I am missing the point of a discussion forum? 

To some degree, it is shocking to me that someone is disturbed and shocked that Bills fans have emotions and post as such.  Moreover, how can we "trust" the process when all offseason it was questioned about our process for "13 seconds"? 

Let's appreciate this forum for what it is and each of us do "us" and not worry about others?

Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Diggs is just a great motivator, pumping Josh up and telling him to just have fun. Whenever Josh is too hard on himself and playing "worried", he's simply not as good as when he's just having fun. Of course when he has fun it's usually because he's in a groove and winning, but still, it influences his play. He is accountable more than enough, probably too much, to come down hard on him in tough stretches... including by fans. The guy is a superstar, and "must see TV".

15 hours ago, JohnNord said:

The reason is, Allen has gone from an MVP front runner to an average looking QB that turns the ball over at critical times.  

There’s a few factors for this:

1. I think the elbow is bothering him more than he lets on. 

2. I think Dorsey is really struggling with play calling and can’t seem to get the most out of his personnel grouping.  I just can’t figure out why Dorsey isn’t able to scheme players open the way other OC’s are.

3. The OL has been a disappointment and only gets worse with Dawkins/Morse injured  

the point is, there should be no reason for fans to be a-holes. These players aren’t robots. It’s not going to be 350yds passing and 4td every week. Allen’s trajectory isn’t going to go infinitely upward. There will be ups and downs within the season and his career. 

Many “fans” on this site have been immature, fair-weather, and downright embarrassing in their comments of not only Allen, but the entire organization this year. 

Maybe all the jumping through tables has mentally impaired many of you. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Of course not it’s all in the context of how it said

Josh Allen sucks is not nearly as productive as I wonder if that elbow injury is causing Josh Allen to have some in accurate throws

I’m not sure I’ve seen this anywhere. 

There has been. “Josh sucked.”, “bad QB play cost us the game today”, “Josh was bad on Sunday” etc. but “Josh sucks” is future. Like “Zac Wilson sucks”.

Nobody is saying this. 

6 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

the point is, there should be no reason for fans to be a-holes. These players aren’t robots. It’s not going to be 350yds passing and 4td every week. Allen’s trajectory isn’t going to go infinitely upward. There will be ups and downs within the season and his career. 

Many “fans” on this site have been immature, fair-weather, and downright embarrassing in their comments of not only Allen, but the entire organization this year. 

Maybe all the jumping through tables has mentally impaired many of you. 

stripes lighten GIF

These topics where people get on their soapbox about fandom are always entertaining.  Josh has played average to bad since Green Bay 2nd half.  But has also had those sparks of greatness with his feet and that throw to Diggs yesterday to give us all hope that they can get this right. With that being said nothing “disloyal” about being upset about some of his play and throws of late or making at moment “often emotional” comments about his play or comparisons. It’s just a message board. 

your eyes clearly tell you something ain’t right with him at the moment. He is still our guy and most of people on this board believe that even if they put out a critical comment or two. Go Bills. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Allen is wonderful but he needs to be accountable just like everyone else on the team. 

Are you suggesting he's not? He's effing awesome, and that throw to Diggs, despite gutting it out with an injury proves it. Any other answer than "Josh is awesome and I ask forgiveness for anything I've ever said even remotely negative about him" is what fools think. Repent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Allen is wonderful but he needs to be accountable just like everyone else on the team. 

Accountable to us fans - No.  Accountable to his teammates, coaches and himself - yes.  And for the record Allen comes across as being incredibly hard on himself.  Contrast that with Wilson or Rogers.

11 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

LOVE Allen. Most exciting player to watch. His play has been very frustrating since the second half of Green Bay.. but then he goes and does what he did today, and it makes you realize how much of a gamer this guy is. I still wouldn’t want any other QB on our team.  

That said, it’s a message board.  We talk about how great he is a lot.  But if he is playing poorly, people are allowed to say he’s playing poorly.  I don’t get the sense that people have flat out turned on him though.. 

There is a difference between being honest about his mistakes and negatively grossly over exaggerating his play, trashing him and throwing him under the bus.

There are a lot of idiots on this board who have a lot of dumb things to say about Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.