Sit benford and jackson...

Hebert19

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I hope this team starts to play more man coverage if/when Elam and White can return. 

Tough ask to do with Von/Groot/Epinessa all injured and back-up quality CBs getting the start. 

I disagree. I think they’ve been getting torched in man. They need to go back to their bread and butter zone once Edmunds gets healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So true. The whole plan revolved around Von & Groot staying healthy. That didn't happen.  AJE & Basham were to contribute as rotational pass rushers. That didn't happen. Too many mid tier qbs look better than they should because of our inconsistent pass rush. This all trickles down on our rookie/backup DB's.

And that’s two bad picks. AJ is in his 3 year and basham his 2. And we’re not getting nothing from them 

18 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I disagree. I think they’ve been getting torched in man. They need to go back to their bread and butter zone once Edmunds gets healthy. 

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by getting torched? Out of position, or just beat? 

Elam and White in man compared to Benford and Jackson is a whole lot different 

8 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I’ll get crap for this but Dane has been playing great in my opinion. This is 3 weeks in a row where the opposing WR makes a perfect, extremely difficult catch when Jackson is right there in coverage. Everything has to go right for the offense on that play and it does. Jackson has been a bit unlucky. 

I don't know man. I saw Jackson on the back of a jersey way too many times after big plays. Some were his fault, some were just good plays, some weren't his fault but they were surely picking on him for a reason.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by getting torched? Out of position, or just beat? 

Elam and White in man compared to Benford and Jackson is a whole lot different 

Ya know what, I’d agree with you there on Elam and White in man coverage. What I’ve noticed over the last 4 weeks, and by no means am I some football guru I’m just a dude who’s watched every game for 40 years, is that they’ve played a lot more man recently and not very well. I don’t mind mixing it in, but I’d guess our ratio is close to 50-50. I think we are a better zone team, especially with Edmunds in the middle, and would like to see more like 70-30. I think Jackson is a liability in man coverage, Johnson has been smoked numerous times, and Benford is a natural zone corner. 

We’ve been decimated by injuries on the defense and I get that. I think when adversity hits you go to your tried and true defense and sprinkle in a blitz here or there to get some pressure since our front 4 has been lacking the last month too. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That is my suspicion. I think he asked to come out. Others think that was always the plan. 

I sincerely hope I am wrong but I think there is a mental block with Tre atm. 

We need more Elam for sure.

Interesting take. It is odd that they play him for two full series and then not at all the rest of the game. If they wanted him on a pitch count you'd think they would rotate him in throughout. 

But hopefully it was their plan and not a setback for Tre.

10 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I’ll get crap for this but Dane has been playing great in my opinion. This is 3 weeks in a row where the opposing WR makes a perfect, extremely difficult catch when Jackson is right there in coverage. Everything has to go right for the offense on that play and it does. Jackson has been a bit unlucky. 

At some point as a corner in this league you need to learn how to get your head around and make a play on the ball. That's what he is missing. I don't fault him on that crazy Jefferson catch where he had a hand on the ball, but Jackson usually plays the man and he needs to play the ball more.

1 hour ago, Process said:

Interesting take. It is odd that they play him for two full series and then not at all the rest of the game. If they wanted him on a pitch count you'd think they would rotate him in throughout. 

Seems obvious to me that this was the plan all along. It can't be a coincidence that Tre comes back EXACTLY one year after the injury. They decided to keep him out a full year, ramp him up the final few games of the season, and have him full go for the playoffs. (Just my opinion)

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

Exactly. If that was their plan it is a really unusual way to do a pitch count. Obviously I hope that was the plan and they are trying to replicate what they do in pre-season maybe. But it is an unusual approach.

And to think a bunch of people here were trying to say Elam wasn't any good at the beginning of the season LOL

As soon as he went out and left the three stooges (Benford, Jackson, Johnson) out there on their own things took a turn for the worst...

If we can get Elam and White on the field at the same time for a game, it will be our best defensive performance since the Titans game.

15 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Might be a hot take, but we should’ve resigned Levi Wallace. He’s not the fastest, but he’s superior in coverage to Jackson, Benford and Lewis.

My take on Wallace is he made a lot of tackles after the catch because he got beat.

It appears to me that we are playing primarily man coverage recently when we did zone early in year. I am guessing it is likely do to the loss of Tremaine who takes up a good portion of the field in the middle. As for Jackson he needs to get his head around just so that he can be a threat to pick it off, because I til then he is not a threat to a QB

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That is my suspicion. I think he asked to come out. Others think that was always the plan. 

I sincerely hope I am wrong but I think there is a mental block with Tre atm. 

We need more Elam for sure.

Definitely a pitch count: https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/he-lifts-everybody-else-up-tredavious-white-returns-to-bills-lineup-in-limited-fashion/article_5429d08e-6c5e-11ed-ba92-3fa5124dcd3d.html

17 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Tony Romo is that you?

I said that same things the first 20 or 25 times it happened yesterday.

Edited by Ralonzo

Jackson played all 67 defensive snaps in the game.  He is one of a handful of guys holding the rubber band , duct tape and glue defense together.  This is one of the most awful threads in the history of TBD. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

We also miss Edmunds.

Yep, and not only for his pass D in the middle.  He helps keep everyone on the same page.

Add Hyde being gone who also helped keep guys assigned right, it puts way too much on the CBs.

Hydes excellent positioning and instincts was a huge plus to the CBs.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.