Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

In this tweet thread about 4 down John Wawrow hints at possible internal issues with the Bills. 

I think it’s Dorsey that he’s alluding to something tells me McDermott after yesterday is going to start reigning in the offense and being a bit more run oriented especially in the red zone 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think it’s Dorsey that he’s alluding too something tells me McDermott after yesterday is going to start reigning in the offense and being a bit more run oriented especially in the red zone 

Just fire the ***** guy and make Brady the OC. This guy was probably never ready to begin with and all he’s done is let down. ***** him. No tears shed. Just tell Dorsey thanks for coming

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If I remember correctly, it was Josh who really wanted Dorsey as OC.  McDermott sounded lukewarm about it publicly.  

And the hire made sense at the time! I was all for it!! But it’s blatantly obvious now that he’s over his head and doesn’t know how to adjust, both in game and over the course of a season.

8 minutes ago, NY Nole said:

As for Wawrow -- he is the worst kind of journalist. JW is trying to make himself the story -- always has with his unintelligent line of questions. IMO 

Yeah, let’s wait for Tyler Dunne to talk to Whaley, he’ll get to the bottom of this.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

It was pretty evident that there was a Daboll vs McDermott feud going on last year.  Now without Daboll, McDermott's Belichick like attitude is all the guys have to be around.  No one wants to be around a guy like McDermott.

It has been reported for a while now (but often swept under the rug) that McDermott has a bit of a dark side.

Remember when he lost his (bleep) and cussed out one of the reporters on the practice field because of a report he didn’t like? Or when he suspended Chris Brown (the biggest Bills homer on the planet) from the facility for multiple weeks because he said the wrong thing on the radio? And then there was the note in the Flores lawsuit that talked about how Daboll wanted out of Buffalo, even if it was NOT for a head coach job?

When you have that smoke, it becomes

implausible that there is no fire.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

My guess would be Dorsey vs. Allen.

I would be more inclined to say the issue is Dorsey + Allen. Not saying that the two do not have a GOOD relationship, but it is highly unlikely that the relationship is anything close to what Josh and Daboll had.

Remember, Daboll was the OC when Josh was drafted -- and was by all accounts very hard on Josh during his formative seasons, using plenty of "tough love". The relationship with Dorsey is  likely nowhere near as provocative, especially since Dorsey had Josh's seal  of approval when he was hired. And Josh, now a superstar, is not in the same place he was when he came into the league with plenty of talent but also plenty of naysayers questioning his ability to develop.

When Daboll would chew Josh out, the response was likely, "Yes sir". Dorsey likely does not have this same fatherly relationship with Josh.

2 hours ago, McBean said:

Let’s hope those internal issues are Brandon Beane finally realizing that Sean McDermott is Doug Collins. I hope Beane takes a look at the 7-2 New York Giants, with way less talent, and realizes what the real problem is. 

Do the right thing Beane and hire a bright offensive minded HC, or we’re going to waste a generational talent in Josh Allen.

Think McDermott's I know it all, I've done it all, I've been there before, 100% extreme serious attitude is starting to wear thin?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It has been reported for a while now (but often swept under the rug) that McDermott has a bit of a dark side.

Remember when he lost his (bleep) and cussed out one of the reporters on the practice field because of a report he didn’t like? Or when he suspended Chris Brown (the biggest Bills homer on the planet) from the facility for multiple weeks because he said the wrong thing on the radio? And then there was the note in the Flores lawsuit that talked about how Daboll wanted out of Buffalo, even if it was NOT for a head coach job?

When you have that smoke, it becomes

implausible that there is no fire.

Good memory with the Daboll text messages.

This is a guy who was coaching his hometown team and would have left even without a HC job, pretty scary to think.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

he's not wrong. like ever. after having many good conversations with him - he does not BS. he knows the team. he knows the players . and his takes are usually on point.

he cannot discuss certain things due to two reasons:

1) he does not want to jeopardize his relationships

2) he works for the AP not the NYT or WAPO so he can't just BS a headline and write his own narrative. he has integrity with what he writes.

if wawrow is writing it down than it is so.

At the same time he does have a penchant for sensationalism.  Watch the press conferences- he’s always the one trying to drum up some controversy.

28 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I usually like Warwow but the "I know a secret but I'm not going to tell you" is pretty weak for a "journalist". 

You see,  I know this is the kind of journalist he is.  

So this is a yawn for me.  

Same ol' Wawrow.