Jump to content

The defense sucked....again


Bermuda Triangle
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Missing Pieces

 

Poyer

Hyde

Edmunds (2nd half)

White

Elam

Groot

 

Bills Starting Secondary Today:

 

- 6th Rd CB Rookie!

- 6th Rd S

- 7th Rd CB

- Undrafted S (First start)

 


Yet they still came up with huge stops (4th and goal, 3 points in OT) and created multiple take aways.

 

Be mad that we gave up 30 points in regulation all you want, but don’t ignore the fact they were severely hampered by injury and their coaching staff refused to try and do anything brazen to  create an advantage

The defense gave up 23.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Good points being made.  Just a demoralizing loss.  For me, I'm ignoring all of this crap about the Super Bowl, #1 seed, and playoffs.  I just want win number 7.

 

Best way to look at it.  Ignore the hype and expectations. We're 6-3, in the thick of the playoff race, and have a pretty favorable schedule ahead.

 

Just keep fighting, every week.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Missing Pieces

 

Poyer

Hyde

Edmunds (2nd half)

White

Elam

Groot

 

Bills Starting Secondary Today:

 

- 6th Rd CB Rookie!

- 6th Rd S

- 7th Rd CB

- Undrafted S (First start)

 


Yet they still came up with huge stops (4th and goal, 3 points in OT) and created multiple take aways.

 

Be mad that we gave up 30 points in regulation all you want, but don’t ignore the fact they were severely hampered by injury and their coaching staff refused to try and do anything brazen to  create an advantage

24 pts at that, w/ 5 starters out…unreal 🥱

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, transient said:

If Cam Lewis plays smart situational football and knocks the ball to the ground instead of inexplicably going for the INT on FOURTH and forever the game is over. How that wasn’t drilled into their heads in that situation is beyond me. If the ball that he got a hand on first is simply batted down it’s a Bills win. 

Our CB's have not learned anything even after the D-Hop catch in the game with Arizona 2 years ago  If our coaches can't even address this issue two years later, that is proof that the entire coaching staff is crap.  The coaching is the major problem the last 3 seasons.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 80 yard touchdown run was inexcusable. You can’t give up that type of play on the ground with a lead. If the opponent is going to run, at least make them use up some clock. The defense is quite depleted, but we constantly give up big runs. It reminded me of the long run Taylor had for the Colts when we got crushed at home last season. Being dominated by the run and giving up long runs has been a theme, regardless of who’s on the field. That’s a scheme/coaching issue imo. 

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Besides Cousins making multiple miraculous throws to one of the best receivers in the game and the Cook run, they were pretty solid. JJ shouldn't have came down with all of those.

 

They held twice when it could have been the difference in the game

 

Given the injuries...I think they were decent

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had a 27-10 lead in the second half. You let a guy run an 80 yard TD like it was 1974. You continued to give up big plays on 3rd and long. Couldn’t get a stop on multiple 4th downs. Make a ***** stop. Stop asking your QB to just throw you back every week. Get off the goddamn field. Blitz. Knock a pass down. Bat a ball. Wrap a RB up. Stop letting a QB stand in the pocket and cut you up on 3rd down

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We had a 27-10 lead in the second half. You let a guy run an 80 yard TD like it was 1974. You continued to give up big plays on 3rd and long. Couldn’t get a stop on multiple 4th downs. Make a ***** stop. Stop asking your QB to just throw you back every week. Get off the goddamn field. Blitz. Knock a pass down. Bat a ball. Wrap a RB up. Stop letting a QB stand in the pocket and cut you up on 3rd down

Please remind me of what happened in 1974. I was pretty stoned that year.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Our CB's have not learned anything even after the D-Hop catch in the game with Arizona 2 years ago  If our coaches can't even address this issue two years later, that is proof that the entire coaching staff is crap.  The coaching is the major problem the last 3 seasons.

I don’t think a rookie 6th rd pick learned anything from that play 2 years ago, and I’m sure the coaching staff has coached to knock balls down, hell, i learned that when I was playing pop Warner ball in the 6th grade. The kid wanted to make a play, and he made the wrong one, and if they interview him, I guarantee that he says that the coaches tell them to knock the ball down.  I don’t see the coaching be the main reason for this loss, although I hated the 4th and 2 call, the coaching staff didn’t turn the ball over FOUR TIMES!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

most of the threads here seem to be about Allen and his horrid play of late (and I'll be the first to say that he has been really bad), but is the defense getting yet ANOTHER free pass today?

 

The Vikes had their highest yardage output of the season today and converted countless 3rd & 4th and long plays.  I frankly don't even remember the last time Minnesota punted.    Did anyone honestly think that the D would force a punt in OT?  

 

Up 27-10 late in the third quarter, the Vikes gash the Bills for an 81-yard TD (let me guess, Sean - bad run fit, and you'll get that fixed!), score a TD on their next drive, and then march 75 yards, only to get stopped on 4th and goal from the 1.  In OT, they fairly easily drove downfield for the GW FG.

 

Is this the mark of a good defense?

The defense made mistakes and generated almost no pressure on Cousins, but twice..TWICE...in crunch time they stopped the Vikings with goal to go. They won us the game until we gave it away.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Come on.  It's not "inexplicable".  That ball was sailing over Jeffersons head--naturally the DB is going to put his hands together thinking he's catching an INT.  Jefferson makes an insane catch.  That's not one I'm putting on Lewis.  

Absolutely not, but I definitely believe Tre takes that as a pick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, transient said:

If Cam Lewis plays smart situational football and knocks the ball to the ground instead of inexplicably going for the INT on FOURTH and forever the game is over. How that wasn’t drilled into their heads in that situation is beyond me. If the ball that he got a hand on first is simply batted down it’s a Bills win. 

 

Exactly...I lost my voice screaming at that one...

 

As bad luck would have it for Bills fans, the only way Jefferson has a chance to make that miracle catch and pull it down is because Lewis freezes the ball at that exact point trying to catch it...What an incredibly major blunder...B-)

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...