NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Mango said:

You’ll never go broke making a profit. Just play the sticks and give yourself three more chances. 

You can’t rely on picking up low percentage plays as your bread and butter. Eventually you’ll stutter even if your are better at it than everybody else. 

And that’s what’s maddening.

He picks up 38 yards and gutsy scrambles. 

Just to force it into the endzone with over a minute left. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

For the umptillionth time, you cannot give them the ball with 0:45 and a timeout needing a FG to win at a score of 27-25 after a safety. If the FG was not eschewed earlier and the Bills were already at 30-23 then possibly you could take a safety, but you would at least run a play. If it's a safety, it's a safety, but you would not have an intentional safety as Plan A there, ever.

The idea is not to take the safety we have a QB that’s borderline unstoppable running. The only thing you CANT do is fumble or throw a pick. 

Just now, Best Williams Available said:

We got burned on the hail Murray the exact same way. This is instinct maybe but you have to coach away that stupidity then.

I think Hopkins had some assistance on his gloves to make that catch, It was being knocked out and the ball did not even move without complete grasp of the ball.

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

A very Billsy loss

It’s kinda like when you get out of a bad relationship and your new partner does something similar to your ex and you loose your Schitts Creek because you’re really arguing with the old person even though the new one is in front of you. 

I am not quite healed yet from the draught years. The last three weeks have me triggered. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

We got burned on the hail Murray the exact same way. This is instinct maybe but you have to coach away that stupidity then.

Yes, all 3 wanted a shot at that interception. It's in the NFL DNA instincts. The taller wr will always catch that ball if no one tries to knock it down.  And yes it's gotta get coached out.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

not selfishness— it was instinct. It was a great play on the ball.  Sure, with hindsight, I am sure he would like to have batted down. But it was a good play. Jefferson made a better one. 

I believe it was selfishness though-backup corner/safety getting the game clinching interception….he wanted it. It shows he wasn’t situationally aware-everyone knows if you knock it down the game is over. That play epitomizes what the team lost with Hyde and Poyer going down. If you remember back to the Colts playoff game, Hyde had an opportunity to pick off the final pass of the game and just simply knocked it down leaving no doubt. Lewis wanted that glory 

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't think I'd feel bad so much this season.

But all is not lost.  The #1 seed seems like such a requirement - and it's hardly out of reach - but who knows.  It seems like half the time teams look bad for stretches during a season, squeak into the playoffs, get hot and become the team to beat.

I think adversity CAN be good for a team, if it doesn't ruin them. Really favorable schedule coming up.  The 2 toughest games are home, against teams that would have to sweep us for the season (kind of unlikely), and then a series of teams that on paper, should be W's for the Bills.  Hoping for a strong run here.

1 minute ago, Success said:

But all is not lost.  The #1 seed seems like such a requirement - and it's hardly out of reach - but who knows.  It seems like half the time teams look bad for stretches during a season, squeak into the playoffs, get hot and become the team to beat.

I think adversity CAN be good for a team, if it doesn't ruin them. Really favorable schedule coming up.  The 2 toughest games are home, against teams that would have to sweep us for the season (kind of unlikely), and then a series of teams that on paper, should be W's for the Bills.  Hoping for a strong run here.

#1 seed is completely out of reach, only chance is to win out, no way with the schedule we have compared to other teams. Ravens only have one game left with a competitive team.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Um, no, it’s out of reach.  Peep Kansas City’s remaining schedule and have yourself a little chuckle.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Um, no, it’s out of reach.  Peep Kansas City’s remaining schedule and have yourself a little chuckle.

Chargers? Bengals? Seahawks?  Even the Broncos and Raiders play them tough.

The Chiefs had a bit of a struggle w/ the Jags today. It's not the same team this year. Should they be favored for the 1 seed at this point? Sure.  But there is an eternity between now & the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Success said:

Chargers? Bengals? Seahawks?  Even the Broncos and Raiders play them tough.

The Chiefs had a bit of a struggle w/ the Jags today. It's not the same team this year. Should they be favored for the 1 seed at this point? Sure.  But there is an eternity between now & the playoffs.

Lol.  Ok.

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I have defended McD a lot but this one is in him.  Stupid decisions all day long.  And Josh playing hero ball again.

The fact that Josh Allen has too much  say in how the offense goes.  If the OC cannot curb his hero ball risk taking maybe time for a bit of reality check and bench Josh for a game.  I suspect there is some kind of disconnect within the player ranks.  Might not be the 90s ego driven bickering Bills but definitely something off.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.