NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, JDubya76 said:

Well, let’s unwrap this pearl of wisdom.

if our idiot DB would have been a team first guy and knocked the ball down we would have taken possession 30 yards up field, so no, no one would have been mad like they were at Milano. Instead our idiot DB goes for the pick because his stats are important and basically helps Jefferson catch the football.  

Our ‘idiot’ DB - basically a 6th round (?) practice squad member against one of the best WRs in the game - got im a great position, did what he thought was right and was undone by a fluke play.

Our heroic first round $250m quarterback has, for three weeks in a row, decided the way to win the game is by throwing the ball straight at a defensive player with barely a receiver in sight.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

It looks like we carried the ball 5 tiimes for 20 something yards.  I'm fine with that.  Just keep running the ball once in a while and keep teams honest.  We didn't lose the game because we can't run the ball.  I almost garauntee that we'll never lose a game because we can't run the ball.  The point is that if we never even try teams will find a way to get to Josh faster because we don't even try to run.

Almost every time we ran we hardly went anywhere. They have no faith in it for a reason, it’s not any good. FFS we picked Duke Johnson up off the practice squad to be our power back on short yardage. Brutal. We traded for hynes and he hasn’t had a carry yet. McDermott says he trusts these guys but he doesn’t, that’s why they all have little special roles that basically makes our O predictable depending on who is on the field

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

On that 4 & 18 play,  I would have preferred bringing an extra man and forcing the ball out quick,  we 3 rush guys and Cousins has time for receivers to get beyond the sticks. 

No doubt.  I wish it was like that all game long, but I suspect that the issues in the secondary required making other choices.  Still it's maddening.

Just now, BananaB said:

Almost every time we ran we hardly went anywhere. They have no faith in it for a reason, it’s not any good. FFS we picked Duke Johnson up off the practice squad to be our power back on short yardage. Brutal. We traded for hynes and he hasn’t had a carry yet. McDermott says he trusts these guys but he doesn’t, that’s why they all have little special roles that basically makes our O predictable depending on who is on the field

I cannot figure out why we do not use Gilliam for those short yards.

4 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Well, let’s unwrap this pearl of wisdom.

if our idiot DB would have been a team first guy and knocked the ball down we would have taken possession 30 yards up field, so no, no one would have been mad like they were at Milano. Instead our idiot DB goes for the pick because his stats are important and basically helps Jefferson catch the football.  

I don’t think he was, in the moment, thinking about padding his stats.  It was quite simply, critical brain fart #16,000,008 in this team’s sorry, pathetic existence.

• Sad 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We could have snapped the ball into the end zone in shotgun and maybe even gotten a safety in a worst case and probably still won. How disgraceful to not even execute a snap. Literally all you have to do is not fumble. You can even take a safety and win

I don’t think you’ve read the memo - it’s all Cam Lewis’ fault.

Bills hadn't lost since 1968 when they had a 14+ point lead after the half and were 52-0 during that time.

Cowboys had never lost a game in which they had a 14+ point lead in the history of their franchise and were 195-0 in those games.

Both teams lost in OT on the same day. Surreal.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We could have snapped the ball into the end zone in shotgun and maybe even gotten a safety in a worst case and probably still won. How disgraceful to not even execute a snap. Literally all you have to do is not fumble. You can even take a safety and win

They should have simply shotgun snapped it and let Allen run out wide and throw it away if nothing was available. On 3 plays, Allen would have found the 2 or 3 yards they needed to be able to kneel down and end the game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Run around 3 times and throw it away. Take the safety on 4th down. 20 seconds left 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

They should have simply shotgun snapped it and let Allen run out wide and throw it away if nothing was available. On 3 plays, Allen would have found the 2 or 3 yards they needed to be able to kneel down and end the game.

Yes but botching the exchange is just silly...we would not have expected that. 

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Our ‘idiot’ DB - basically a 6th round (?) practice squad member against one of the best WRs in the game - got im a great position, did what he thought was right and was undone by a fluke play.

Our heroic first round $250m quarterback has, for three weeks in a row, decided the way to win the game is by throwing the ball straight at a defensive player with barely a receiver in sight.

Our idiot DB did the wrong thing, he made the wrong play. Whether it be coaching not telling him to knock it down or a decision he made by himself. It was the wrong play.

Our QBs last pass is a different comedy of errors. Two wrongs don’t make a right. It is possible, now bear with me, multiple parties on the Bills are to blame for this loss. A porous D between the 10s unable to generate a pass rush and adjust to 1 guy that was consistently killing is, terrible play calling on both sides of the ball, basically abandoning the running game and terrible offensive execution when it mattered. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

agreed!

Worst case you burn time and take the safety.

What’s most frustrating is that our coaching staff did not have the foresight to come up with that as an idea in the heat of the moment. Once again, the moment shines too bright when put in a tight spot and they put our players in a bad position. No excuses for Allen to not execute the snap, yet I don’t know it had to come to that 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.