NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Run around 3 times and throw it away. Take the safety on 4th down. 20 seconds left 

I mean, let’s be real you snap it to josh in shotgun full head of steam hes getting out of the end zone on the first play and the game is over. We are good but maybe the dumbest ***** team in the league 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They should have simply shotgun snapped it and let Allen run out wide and throw it away if nothing was available. On 3 plays, Allen would have found the 2 or 3 yards they needed to be able to kneel down and end the game.

This is the correct answer.....should have been a shotgun snap. 

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

agreed!

Worst case you burn time and take the safety.

What’s most frustrating is that our coaching staff did not have the foresight to come up with that as an idea in the heat of the moment. Once again, the moment shines too bright when put in a tight spot and they put our players in a bad position. No excuses for Allen to not execute the snap, yet I don’t know it had to come to that 

I'm not sure that wasn't on Morse with the snap...it seemed like he short armed it because he was worried about trying to prevent the DLineman from stuffing Allen for a safety. It's like he tried to go from snap to block too quickly and didn't ensure the ball got to Allen.

Edited by Big Turk

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We could have snapped the ball into the end zone in shotgun and maybe even gotten a safety in a worst case and probably still won. How disgraceful to not even execute a snap. Literally all you have to do is not fumble. You can even take a safety and win

For the umptillionth time, you cannot give them the ball with 0:45 and a timeout needing a FG to win at a score of 27-25 after a safety. If the FG was not eschewed earlier and the Bills were already at 30-23 then possibly you could take a safety, but you would at least run a play. If it's a safety, it's a safety, but you would not have an intentional safety as Plan A there, ever.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Process said:

This is the correct answer.....should have been a shotgun snap. 

According to insiders the team is only allowed to use shotgun in short yardage situations twice a game and they used up their available chances when they should have been under center. Whoops, whoopsie. I have always questioned the mental capacity of graduates of the University of Miami. Dorsey does not do anything to dispel the myths.

Just now, JDubya76 said:

Our idiot DB did the wrong thing, he made the wrong play. Whether it be coaching not telling him to knock it down or a decision he made by himself. It was the wrong play.

Our QBs last pass is a different comedy of errors. Two wrongs don’t make a right. It is possible, now bear with me, multiple parties on the Bills are to blame for this loss. A porous D between the 10s unable to generate a pass rush and adjust to 1 guy that was consistently killing is, terrible play calling on both sides of the ball, basically abandoning the running game and terrible offensive execution when it mattered. 

It’s not just one pass from Josh though, is it? He’s repeated the same mistake three weeks in a row. In comparison, Cam Lewis is not good enough to be on the field for a Super Bowl contender but needs must. He got himself in a good position, did the natural thing of looking for an interception in the heat of the moment and got undone by a fluke play.

Yes, others made errors, but Josh made two completely inexcusable ones, even if I let him off the first interception. They’re mistakes you wouldn’t expect a rookie to make regularly. You get paid the big bucks then basic execution should surely be the minimum requirement.

I think it mostly came down to (a) a second-hand secondary, (b) Allen trying to be a hero, and (c) some great plays by the Vikes - hats off to Cousins, a gamer who gets no respect, and of course Jefferson.

The Bills D-line was mostly very good. Edmunds being out for the 2nd half showed the haters his value. Bills Offense did enough to win on most days, but a few big mistakes were the difference. 

57 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Weren’t we saying the same thing last year?

Yes many were. However, how relevant is that statement? Each year is different with its own dynamics. Thus far, this year is disappointing. Perhaps my expectations of the team we too high. I totally bought into the hype.

I didn't think we would be seeing Allen making critical INTs in crucial situations. Sure, I expected some bad throws or a poor game here and there. Let's be clear that's what's not happening now. It hasn't been just one game either. Looks like an earlier version of Allen. Add in he has an elbow injury which is likely going to be an issue all season. Not good!!!

The WR core isn't nearly as strong as I thought. Besides Diggs they have been widely inconsistent. 

The RB core is very weak. Singletary is serviceable but he often doesn't "get run" and he's not a gamer changer. Teams don't game plan against him. The half dozen other RBs are all a dime a dozen. 

The Oline lacks depth and isn't a dominate unit especially in the run game. 

The defense is riddled with injuries. Poyer can't stay on the field and Tre can't get on the field. Hyde out is huge. Bills still are a liability in the run game. Gave up an 81 yard TD today. Typical long runs given up by a Fraizer run D. 

Coaching is not a stong point of the team. Dorsey is inexperienced and it's evident. His initial game plans appear solid but after the opposition makes adjustments he's lost. Abandons the run game and let's Allen play back yard football. That what my eyes are seeing. 

The season isn't lost by any means. 6-3 is still right there to make the playoffs and win the division. However, let's be realistic. The Bills are not the juggernaut we all thought they were. Of course, injuries are playing a major role here. The Bills have their work cut out to turn things around. With that said, let's forget about the Super Bowl talk until this team proves it's worthy. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

It’s not just one pass from Josh though, is it? He’s repeated the same mistake three weeks in a row. In comparison, Cam Lewis is not good enough to be on the field for a Super Bowl contender but needs must. He got himself in a good position, did the natural thing of looking for an interception in the heat of the moment and got undone by a fluke play.

Yes, others made errors, but Josh made two completely inexcusable ones, even if I let him off the first interception. They’re mistakes you wouldn’t expect a rookie to make regularly. You get paid the big bucks then basic execution should surely be the minimum requirement.

Ok, you’re locked in on one target and will not accept that Lewis made the wrong play.  A play that if made basically ends the game. I agree with you that Josh’s errors were inexcusable but this circus sideshow of a game was not a solo performance. It took an ensemble performance of silliness that caused them to Sh$t down their legs.

Just now, JDubya76 said:

Ok, you’re locked in on one target and will not accept that Lewis made the wrong play.  A play that if made basically ends the game. I agree with you that Josh’s errors were inexcusable but this circus sideshow of a game was not a solo performance. It took an ensemble performance of silliness that caused them to Sh$t down their legs.

Ok, but it goes beyond Lewis’ error as well but there is a real fixation on it.

31 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Best case scenario is that he actually intercepts it and costs the offense 20 yards of field position. The only play was to bat it down. Going for the INT was pure selfishness 

not selfishness— it was instinct. It was a great play on the ball.  Sure, with hindsight, I am sure he would like to have batted down. But it was a good play. Jefferson made a better one. 

49 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Honest question:

Who cares more, players or fans?

At the end of the day, these guys collect a check, go home and come to work the next day. 

Yet we suffer through decades of misery, spent countless hours and dollars and still come back for more.

who cares more. 

Not sure if you really want an answer or are just frustrated,  but the fans care more, for sure.  We live here our whole lives and the chase for the Championship is what we live for.  These players are here a relatively short time then go back to their respective cities with their money and beautiful families and hopefully their health intact.  Yeah we’re dying over these painful losses for years.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Brady just showed again with his latest comeback, take short throws, 7 yards, 6 yards, 8 yards. The Vikings were giving you anything you wanted underneath.

Josh just going for kill shots. 

You’ll never go broke making a profit. Just play the sticks and give yourself three more chances. 

You can’t rely on picking up low percentage plays as your bread and butter. Eventually you’ll stutter even if your are better at it than everybody else. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

not selfishness— it was instinct. It was a great play on the ball.  Sure, with hindsight, I am sure he would like to have batted down. But it was a good play. Jefferson made a better one. 

We got burned on the hail Murray the exact same way. This is instinct maybe but you have to coach away that stupidity then.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.