Will Kevin McCarthy Be The Speaker Of The House? Or Mitch Senate Majority Leader?

Tiberius

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

no disrespect meant.  I was trying to be funny. I guess polygamy isn't all that funny

Upon reflection I decided that the reason I didn't understand the Utah reference was because for me in my mind it wasn't a marry BOTH scenario, It was NEITHER . I'm not polyamorous.  Where was YOUR mind going hermano

lmaoooo Thats it. Ima pipsqueak in and out of here. it's comic relief.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

The budget rose by a record 7.8 trillion dollars to 28 trillion under Trump. 

I don't remember you all melting down over this. 

So spare me the two thieves BS. 

28 trillion budget?? 😂 

the lack of financial literacy allowed in the public at large is astounding 

1 hour ago, Reverse Meathead said:

I don't get Trump.  First he takes a piss on Mich McConnel's leg, then he backs Kevin McCarthy who represents Washington more than he does the Republicans.

Trump clearly suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder  He’s basically the perfect case study. 

Once you know that, basically all of his decision-making makes sense. 

It‘s not about anything other than him, and how much people grovel to him and praise him. That’s literally all that matters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Trump clearly suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder  He’s basically the perfect case study. 

It‘s not about anything other than him, and how much people grovel to him and praise him. That’s literally all that matters.

Do you honestly believe most politicians don't fit the majority of this profile? Your understanding of psychology is pretty weak.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Poster child indeed… it’s also true many politicians have some or numerous elements of this too. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Why?

*gleefully waits for the libs to show how stupid they are*

The cult in the House has less than 300 working days in the next two years… they have wasted two days when they could have already impeached Biden several times now.

What a mess.

ETTD

26 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Do you honestly believe most politicians don't fit the majority of this profile? Your understanding of psychology is pretty weak.

Most politicians have big egos, sure. And many are narcissists in the traditional sense. But no, I don’t believe that most politicians are this mentally ill. 

Edited by ChiGoose

47 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Most politicians have big egos, sure. And many are narcissists in the traditional sense. But no, I don’t believe that most politicians are this mentally ill. 

As I stated your understanding of psychology is weak, unless your point is simply that in this one way he worse while everyone else is terrible their own ways. 

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

I was at the food store today, and this frail old man with straggly hair, pale, pasty skin and nicotine-stained fingers approached me, caught my eye and whispered “Joe Walshhhhhhhhhhh” with a heavy emphasis on the “Shhhhhh”.    I’m a people person, heck you know that, so while troubled, I said to this odd fellow “Excuse me sir, but I have no idea what you’re talking about.”.

Well, he looked around like he was afraid someone was following him, then he leaned in and said “Joe Walshhhhhh.  Did you read what Joe Walshhhhh said about the House?”.   I said “Joe Walsh from “Joe Plumbin’ Done Right!” over on Delaware? He hasn’t been to my house. I try and do my own plumbing.”  He looked at me, his eyes wide as saucers and said “No…Joe Walshhhhhhh….Freedom-Walsh.  He said what’s happening now is bad.”.   

At that point, BillSy, he was sorta freaking me out so I said “Uh, oh—yeah, Freedom Fighting Joe Walsh, I get him and the plumber confused sometimes, all they ever want to do is talk 💩.  Ha ha.  Good stuff. Lol.”

I nodded my head and as I started to walk away, like a whippet he reached out, grabbed me by the forearm—-his strength was incredible—-stared me right in the eye and said “He fights for freedom….lissssten to him. Lissssssten.”   I honestly didn’t know what to say, so I was like “Ok”.  The next he he said was “Do you know where they are hiding the Triscuits?  I can never find the Triscuits”.  I told him I didn’t know, but to be candid, I know.  I love Triscuits.  I just wanted to get away from him.  

You’re the second person today to want to tell me what some guy named Joe Walsh thinks, and I don’t know why.  It’s strange.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I’m just going to say it as plainly as I can:  I think what you’re saying is a patch on the jeans is if we do the neighborhood things that we need to do.

Sorry if that hurts but it had to be said. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I was at the food store today, and this frail old man with straggly hair, pale, pasty skin and nicotine-stained fingers approached me, caught my eye and whispered “Joe Walshhhhhhhhhhh” with a heavy emphasis on the “Shhhhhh”.    I’m a people person, heck you know that, so while troubled, I said to this odd fellow “Excuse me sir, but I have no idea what you’re talking about.”.

Well, he looked around like he was afraid someone was following him, then he leaned in and said “Joe Walshhhhhh.  Did you read what Joe Walshhhhh said about the House?”.   I said “Joe Walsh from “Joe Plumbin’ Done Right!” over on Delaware? He hasn’t been to my house. I try and do my own plumbing.”  He looked at me, his eyes wide as saucers and said “No…Joe Walshhhhhhh….Freedom-Walsh.  He said what’s happening now is bad.”.   

At that point, BillSy, he was sorta freaking me out so I said “Uh, oh—yeah, Freedom Fighting Joe Walsh, I get him and the plumber confused sometimes, all they ever want to do is talk 💩.  Ha ha.  Good stuff. Lol.”

I nodded my head and as I started to walk away, like a whippet he reached out, grabbed me by the forearm—-his strength was incredible—-stared me right in the eye and said “He fights for freedom….lissssten to him. Lissssssten.”   I honestly didn’t know what to say, so I was like “Ok”.  The next he he said was “Do you know where they are hiding the Triscuits?  I can never find the Triscuits”.  I told him I didn’t know, but to be candid, I know.  I love Triscuits.  I just wanted to get away from him.  

You’re the second person today to want to tell me what some guy named Joe Walsh thinks, and I don’t know why.  It’s strange.  

no. hes the first guy to tell you about him twice. online and he knows where you shop. id move. 😆

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What a waste 

What I don’t get is why these 20 R holdouts hate McCarthy so much? Sounds like he has offered them about everything he can. Is he not extreme enough for them? They are unwilling to even follow Trumps recommendation on this.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don't remember us meeting today.  Was that at Wegmans?  I had a bit too much to drink.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

oh my, did you call Dr Jill and let her know he was out wandering away from the podium again?

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

What I don’t get is why these 20 R holdouts hate McCarthy so much? Sounds like he has offered them about everything he can. Is he not extreme enough for them? They are unwilling to even follow Trumps recommendation on this.

The 2022 Elections proved one thing to Matt Gaetz and supporters. That Trumpism doesn't need Trump anymore.

Trump stepped in and tried to be the kingmaker. Instead he proved the point beyond all doubt when Gaetz told him to kick rocks without any consequences.  Gaetz is after as much power as he can get. 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ll say it again. Everyone was upset when the last Congress blindly passed a nearly TWO TRILLION spending bill of my tax dollars and now their upset if the new Congress takes a few days to deliberate on who’ll set the agenda for the coming year. Maybe it’s just me…but I hope they discuss this for months. It costs me nothing! 

• Thank you (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll say it again. Everyone was upset when the last Congress blindly passed a nearly TWO TRILLION spending bill of my tax dollars and now their upset if the new Congress takes a few days to deliberate on who’ll set the agenda for the coming year. Maybe it’s just me…but I hope they discuss this for months. It costs me nothing! 

So you are like the 20 no votes, you just don't care at all if the government functions, works or does anything positive. You'd rather have failure and disfunction. 

Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

So you are like the 20 no votes, you just don't care at all if the government functions, works or does anything positive. You'd rather have failure and disfunction. 

Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

There’s very very little about the government ‘working’ going on here. This is all about getting on with the next set of ‘investigations’ and ‘oversight’. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

There’s very very little about the government ‘working’ going on here. This is all about getting on with the next set of ‘investigations’ and ‘oversight’. 

Or not getting on with them...

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This Joe Walsh guy I keep reading about here.  Rocky Mountain Way.  I think he should be discussing more important things like the next Eagles reunion tour.   When do tickets go on sale?   

That Joe Walsh definitely has the leftists here pegged.....

11 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This Joe Walsh guy I keep reading about here.  Rocky Mountain Way.  I think he should be discussing more important things like the next Eagles reunion tour.   When do tickets go on sale?   

Ask Julie... 

32 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

unfortunately, we expect chaos from dudes with independently gazing eyes carrying confederate flags....

Gol'dang, that "independently gazing eyes" phrase is pure gold. I busted out laughing. Thank you for that.

• Like (+1) 1

OMG these rebels want extreme concessions. 

Per Politico:

*A one-member “motion to vacate”: The GOP leader appears to have finally acquiesced to a demand to lower the threshold needed to force a vote ousting a speaker to just one member. While McCarthy originally indicated that restoring the one-member “motion to vacate” was a red line, his allies now argue that there’s not a huge practical difference between this and his previous offer of requiring five members to trigger the vote.

Rules Committee seats for the Freedom Caucus: McCarthy is prepared to give the House Freedom Caucus two seats on the powerful House Rules Committee, which oversees the amendment process for the floor. (Some conservatives are still holding out for four seats on the panel.) There are also talks about giving a third seat to a conservative close to the Freedom Caucus but not in it — someone like Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky. Who would pick those members is still under discussion. Typically, it’s the speaker’s prerogative, but conservatives want to choose their own members for these jobs.

*A vote on term limits: This is a key demand of Rep. Ralph Norman (R-S.C.), who has proposed a constitutional amendment limiting lawmakers to three terms in the House.

*Major changes to the appropriations process: Fears of another trillion-plus-dollar omnibus spending bill have been a major driver of the conservative backlash to McCarthy. The brewing deal includes a promise for standalone votes on each of the 12 annual appropriations bills, which would be considered under what is known as an “open rule,” allowing floor amendments to be offered by any lawmaker.

All three are things I hear both righties and lefties demanding.  term limits, actual appropriation bills vs omnibus.  that has a lot of support outside that building.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

seems like needed reform.

Edited by Chris farley