Will Kevin McCarthy Be The Speaker Of The House? Or Mitch Senate Majority Leader?

Tiberius

Inquiring minds want to know

If the GOP holds on and wins by a couple of seats his path to speakership looks dark and fraught with peril. Those crazies in his party will demand impeachments and all that, Trump is already demanding his support in 2024 and then the rest of that caucus will surely object to his going to far over to the hard core Freedom Causcus side. 

What a mess! 

Edited by Tiberius
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have a real hard time seeing McCarthy being able to whip 218 votes if he only has a couple of seats for a margin. 

Scalise is already gunning for him and others will likely sense weakness. As much as the Dems losing the House will suck, the silver lining will be the chaos of the GOP tearing itself apart. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I have a real hard time seeing McCarthy being able to whip 218 votes if he only has a couple of seats for a margin. 

Scalise is already gunning for him and others will likely sense weakness. As much as the Dems losing the House will suck, the silver lining will be the chaos of the GOP tearing itself apart. 

If the GOP tearing itself apart results in new House leadership, someone like Marco Rubio leading the R Senate and a Presidential nominee in Ron DeSantis, it will all have been worth it for any Republican that wants to own 2024. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

He will, but I don’t think McConnell is safe. 

I have a hard time seeing McConnell go down. 

He’s probably the most brilliant tactical and strategic mind in the Senate since LBJ.

Who is going to take him down? Little Marco? That guy from Florida whose plan for the midterm was to tell everyone he wanted to raise their taxes?

I think the most likely outcome for him is that he decides when to hang it up and transitions the leadership to Thune. 

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I’d love to see if Rep have like 219, 220, a moderate Republican make a deal with the Dems.

Or the Dems offer a Liz Chaney, Adam Kinzinger that they’d put their 216/217 behind and find a couple Rep. votes.

I don’t see anyway a GOP Rep voted for Nancy. She is too toxic for the brand, even for moderates. 

I’m not sure what the Dem strategy will be. Likely, they will be focused on their internal leadership which is grossly overdue for change. 

However unlikely it would be, them nominating Cheney or Kinzinger would be a lot of fun, though. 

• Tiberius changed the title to Will Kevin McCarthy Be The Speaker Of The House? Or Mitch Senate Majority Leader?

They need to grab McConell by the snap of the neck carry him to the door & kick him in the ass as they throw him out he is the biggest flip flopping puss i've ever seen i bet his wife wears the pants in that house hold ...

They are all no counts Dems & Pubs alike fire them all & start all over a new !! 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:15 AM, Tiberius said:

A deal with Democrats and moderate Republicans? lol 

She's a TOTAL POS !! When you look in Websters for the definition of a POS you will see her picture by the explanation ...

Edited by T master

I sat in a room with a bunch of political consultants in 2003 and we all agreed he would never be leader. I’ll stick with it.

People in his own party have often called him stupid and unable to do the actual job. His own people said that 20 years ago.

31 minutes ago, T master said:

They need to grab McConell by the snap of the neck carry him to the door & kick him in the ass as they throw him out he is the biggest flip flopping puss i've ever seen i bet his wife wears the pants in that house hold ...

My god, I would love it if they did that. That would be fantastic. 

Going up against McConnell with Schumer as your leader is like going up against Belichick with Doug Marrone as your coach. 

Please kick McConnell out of leadership. Every Dem in the country will applaud you. 

22 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Going up against McConnell with Schumer as your leader is like going up against Belichick with Doug Marrone as your coach. 

Please kick McConnell out of leadership. Every Dem in the country will applaud you. 

I would but every Dem has to go to because they aren't worth a s**t either !!

23 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Schumer….  Belichick.. maybe the cheating part anyway.  McConnell is more of a Chan Gailey. 

• Like (+1) 1

Kevin McCarthy Promises To Remove Three Prominent Democrats From Their Committees

Sarah Arnold 

House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy is warning three prominent Democrats that their jobs are on the line should he become speaker of the House. 

Saying that his speakership will become politically volatile, McCarthy is going to Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn), Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif), and Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif) off of their congressional committees once Republicans take back the House. 

In January, McCarthy vowed to remove Swalwell and Schiff from the House Intelligence Committee and Omar from the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

And he is poised to keep his promise. 

McCarthy said that Schiff’s promotion of the Steele dossier and Omar’s antisemitic comments have put them on the chopping block.

“You have Adam Schiff, who lied to the American public time and again – we will not allow him to be on the Intel Committee either,” McCarthy said, adding “look at Congresswoman Omar, her antisemitic comments that have gone forward. We're not going to allow her to be on Foreign Affairs.” 

And for Swalwell, the Republican said that his association with a Chinese spy is what dealt him a blow. 

“One thing I said from the very beginning, Eric Swalwell cannot get a security clearance in the public sector," he said. "Why would we ever give him a security clearance and the secrets to America? So I will not allow him to be on Intel.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/11/20/kevin-mccarthy-promises-to-remove-three-prominent-democrats-n2616174

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 4:08 PM, Tiberius said:

WTH does it take to be speaker of the house ? The only thing that has been needed for Pelosi was a brain full of ignorants & a total lack of any common sense with a basket full of deception along with a lot of bad acting skills for those cases like when she kneeled with the African garb on to make us all think she really cared WTFE ...

If this guy doesn't have it she sure as hell didn't have it !! Just saying . 

We need to be done with the likes of her & McConnel good riddance to bed rubbish .

9 minutes ago, T master said:

WTH does it take to be speaker of the house ? The only thing that has been needed for Pelosi was a brain full of ignorants & a total lack of any common sense with a basket full of deception along with a lot of bad acting skills for those cases like when she kneeled with the African garb on to make us all think she really cared WTFE ...

If this guy doesn't have it she sure as hell didn't have it !! Just saying . 

We need to be done with the likes of her & McConnel good riddance to bed rubbish .

Trump's making an announcement tonight,. Maybe he wants to job? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Trump's making an announcement tonight,. Maybe he wants to job? 

Well we all know he is at no loss when it comes to him opening his pie hole that's for sure !! It's just what sometimes comes out just makes no sense especially to those that take it literally . 

• Haha (+1) 1

Kevin McCarthy’s imperiled speakership bid is threatening to incapacitate Republicans during a crucial planning period, virtually guaranteeing a sluggish start for the new House majority.

The GOP leader on Thursday took the unusual step of punting conferencewide races for committee leadership slots until after his speaker election on Jan. 3, a maneuver that could help insulate him from disgruntled members who fall short in those contests and their allies.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/15/mccarthys-ongoing-speaker-battle-paralyzes-house-00074148

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Kevin McCarthy’s imperiled speakership bid is threatening to incapacitate Republicans during a crucial planning period, virtually guaranteeing a sluggish start for the new House majority.

The GOP leader on Thursday took the unusual step of punting conferencewide races for committee leadership slots until after his speaker election on Jan. 3, a maneuver that could help insulate him from disgruntled members who fall short in those contests and their allies.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/15/mccarthys-ongoing-speaker-battle-paralyzes-house-00074148

So then what they & you are basically saying is that our gov't is still as F'd up as a soup sandwich WOW now there's a surprise !!

So from the very top seat in the gov't to the bottom incompetence rules the only thing that makes me feel a little bit good about this is that while this goes on the ignorant that run your country can't come up with any more stupid bills to pass .

But it does give them more time to sit around and brain storm for their next round of stupidity that should help us as a country moving forward ...

Let's just fire all of their asses & start all over again from Biden down to all the bribers I'm sorry i mean "lobbyist" what was i thinking ? 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

no, just the GOP part 

Of course ... 🙄 Joe & his cohorts are perfect nothing to see crooked coming from that side of the isle it's time to take off the rose colored glasses & be unbiased in your perception of ALL politicians not just the ones you didn't vote for which is so blatantly apparent .

4 minutes ago, T master said:

Of course ... 🙄 Joe & his cohorts are perfect nothing to see crooked coming from that side of the isle it's time to take off the rose colored glasses & be unbiased in your perception of ALL politicians not just the ones you didn't vote for which is so blatantly apparent .

Joe Biden is doing fine 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Joe Biden is doing fine 

Please explain exactly how in terms that someone with common sense can understand enlighten us all because my glasses are nice & clean clear if you would & i compare from the recent past to today not o mention has Bidens approval pole came up from 38 percent yet ? 

Once again if your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough you must be a pretty tough ombre Tibs .

But i will wait for your common sense reply to the first sentence ..