Will Kevin McCarthy Be The Speaker Of The House? Or Mitch Senate Majority Leader?

Tiberius

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

maybe not but the R's are losing the little piece of the middle that they still have.  Not sure who gridlock is appealing to except nihilists and anarchists.

LOL!  Good one.

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

A good leader would have wrapped this up in caucus prior to the first day of the new congress. Or else, have had a plan to actually gain votes during the balloting.

McCarthy is weak and is publicly demonstrating that weakness to everyone.

This is the first time in 100 years that we've needed multiple ballots because most Speakers tend to be able to lead. McCarthy is a follower.

It's not utter chaos yet, but it's certainly not some testament to anything other than McCarthy's weakness.

Don't mistake my opinion of not being anywhere near utter chaos to mean I'm offering any sort of testament to McCarthy's leadership skill.

So very much is happening these past few, and perhaps these next few, days. I like

McCarthy is Mr. Uniparty. Just like McConnell.  The uniparty won't take no for an answer.

6 tries or 60.  McCarthy will be speaker.  Just wait and see.  Most people would get the hint after six tries, but McCarthy won't. 

Uniparty doesn't care one iota about Hunter Biden investigations, abortion or any of the "woke" noise. That's stuff for the consumption of the "average" American.

Just don't touch the budget and don't ask about things the they are involved in like the border (great source of very cheap labor), GOF research (that the US government and wealthy universities continue to finance), feds spying on Americans.   

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

The budget rose by a record 7.8 trillion dollars to 28 trillion under Trump. 

I don't remember you all melting down over this. 

So spare me the two thieves BS. 

That’s a standard default argument—reigning in the budget, kicking the can down the road, it’s on our kids and grandkids.  Truth is, not enough people care, and there are very, very few politicians in Washington who give it much thought.  Rand Paul, maybe, and people were thrilled when his neighbor tried to take him out. 

That said, Trump was in office for 4 years, Biden has been in office 45+.  There is no comparison between the two and their impact on the national economy.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s a standard default argument—reigning in the budget, kicking the can down the road, it’s on our kids and grandkids.  Truth is, not enough people care, and there are very, very few politicians in Washington who give it much thought.  Rand Paul, maybe, and people were thrilled when his neighbor tried to take him out. 

That said, Trump was in office for 4 years, Biden has been in office 45+.  There is no comparison between the two and their impact on the national economy.  

When have been in debt almost continuously since the founding of the republic. So what? 

1 minute ago, Reverse Meathead said:

I don't get Trump.  First he takes a piss on Mich McConnel's leg, then he backs Kevin McCarthy who represents Washington more than he does the Republicans.

Trump wants the House organized so it can run flak for him as his legal troubles ramp up