Bills fans take over Met Life Stadium

BADOLBILZ

So I was at the game yesterday and could not believe the amount of Bills fans.    I was expecting 10K-15K with the Jets being good this year...........but half the place was Bills fans.   

Jets fans were in stunned disbelief themselves.    

Unfortunately.........it wasn't a boisterous group of Bills fans.........lotta' "look I'm a Bills fan" tourists taking selfies and getting up mid play to go get ice cream and other nonsense. :doh:

Too many sat on their hands all day unless Jordan Phillips ran around and briefly fired them up.    Got loud very late though and that helped on that last sack of Wilson.........but it was not a great noise showing considering the numbers.

On the plus side there wasn't much taunting going out of the game because it was a largely split crowd.    How do you taunt an opponent that occupies your stadium like that?   

Lot 26 was packed and rocking with Bills fans in particular.   

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was in 237.  At least half Bills fans in that stadium. Hamlin kept waving up the fan noise on 3rd downs—it got loud. Pretty embarrassing for Jets fans.  Doofuses 

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Webcam clearly shows 60/40 Jets

they had to cut down the sky cam after one of the cables gave out

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

You may be mistaken as most Jests fans normally have that sort of clueless expression on their faces.

Yeah but they were literally saying it........everywhere.

They really lack an identity.    After the win they played "Sweet Caroline"..........which is the Boston Red Sox song.  :doh: 

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I was there. Section 217.  It must be demoralizing to a fan base to see half their stadium with the opponent's colors and logo.  Even worse to hear the crowd chant MVP for the opposing QB.

Maybe, but I think it's even more demoralizing to travel to your team's road game only to go down to crushing  defeat.  

Yeah I take my two kids (one of whom lives in Manhattan); second year running.. a lot more blue and red than last year.  maybe a third Bills colors at least.   Agree with the other poster that the Jets do not appear to have much to rally around to my eye.   No focal point to the team, which is a strong team, nothing to rally around, yeah the rendition of Sweet Caroline at the end was pretty ridiculous.  

9 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Maybe, but I think it's even more demoralizing to travel to your team's road game only to go down to crushing  defeat.  

Yeah if going to a Bills game is only an occasional event then that's probably the case.............but I think if you are a person who attends 10+ games per year..........it's better to lose in person than watching it on TV.    Just easier to get over the loss quicker in the atmosphere.   Plus, having been in the stands you at least know you did your part if you made noise, etc..    Unfortunately these Bills fan occupations don't seem to move the players any longer.   It used to fire them up.   Now they just seem to expect it and don't feed off of the extra energy like they should, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

that happens in a lot of stadiums now...really annoying

The PA guy on 3rd down is particularly loud and drags it out a lot more at Met Life though.   The Jets fans need it........they aren't easily fired up.    It's annoying but so is the train whistle.    Our PA guy could use the juice that the Jets guy has though.........especially as the crowd is getting more entitled and reserved by the week.........as is to be expected when you presume victory every week. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The PA guy on 3rd down is particularly loud and drags it out a lot more at Met Life though.   The Jets fans need it........they aren't easily fired up.    It's annoying but so is the train whistle.    Our PA guy could use the juice that the Jets guy has though.........especially as the crowd is getting more entitled and reserved by the week.........as is to be expected when you presume victory every week. 

Hockey PA announcers....POWER PLAAAAAAAAY

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So I was at the game yesterday and could not believe the amount of Bills fans.    I was expecting 10K-15K with the Jets being good this year...........but half the place was Bills fans.   

Jets fans were in stunned disbelief themselves.    

Unfortunately.........it wasn't a boisterous group of Bills fans.........lotta' "look I'm a Bills fan" tourists taking selfies and getting up mid play to go get ice cream and other nonsense. :doh:

Too many sat on their hands all day unless Jordan Phillips ran around and briefly fired them up.    Got loud very late though and that helped on that last sack of Wilson.........but it was not a great noise showing considering the numbers.

On the plus side there wasn't much taunting going out of the game because it was a largely split crowd.    How do you taunt an opponent that occupies your stadium like that?   

Lot 26 was packed and rocking with Bills fans in particular.   

I was there.  It wasn't really half.   Maybe a third, but no more than that.   More like a quarter.   

But as you say, it was surprising that we made so little noise.  The crowd seemed much as you say, out for a fun day with the team that makes them happy.  Sophisticated northeasterners.  

Jets fans were incredibly passive.   I was amazed.   It didn't occur to them that they were supposed to make noise, and it was only after the Bills fans lit up that the Jets fans did anything.   It was almost like they were embarrassed into making noise.  

15 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I was there. Section 217.  It must be demoralizing to a fan base to see half their stadium with the opponent's colors and logo.  Even worse to hear the crowd chant MVP for the opposing QB.

I have to assume at that game, MVP chants were sarcastic taunting. 

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I was there.  It wasn't really half.   Maybe a third, but no more than that.   More like a quarter.   

Maybe where you were sitting.    The upper deck I would characterize as majority Bills fans with some Jets fans sprinkled in.    I couldn't believe it.   There were also a lot of Bills fans incognito wearing black Bills gear or Salute to Service camo clothes and mixed Bills/Mets/Yankees clothes.   Likely afraid of being in the minority and being harassed in their red, white and blue.    Not a lot of Jets green at all.   And it was a late arriving Jets crowd at that.   Midway thru the 1st quarter there were tons of empty seats.    They were quite convinced they were going to lose, IMO.

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I have to assume at that game, MVP chants were sarcastic taunting. 

No.   It was after the long Allen TD run.   And it was loud.    The Bills chants going into the game were loud too and Jets fans really didn't try to shout it down.      Unfortunately a high % of people that show up for road games get into things like that.........but don't automatically cheer for the team on defense.    Tourists.    We travel well but there are a lot of ex-pats who just use it as an excuse to visit places like Nashville, LA, NYC etc..   Getting many of them to show up in Buffalo in December?  Not happening.

6 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

It's kinda sad there. They need to be told by a guy when....IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT'S THIIIIIIIIIIRD DOOOOOOOOOOWN

They do the same thing in Arizona and in many other stadiums.  In Buffalo, it's not necessary, as Bills fans know it's third down and that they need to make noise.  To be fair, however, the Bills have that silly train whistle, which I detest. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No.   It was after the long Allen TD run.   And it was loud.    The Bills chants going into the game were loud too and Jets fans really didn't try to shout it down.      Unfortunately a high % of people that show up for road games get into things like that.........but don't automatically cheer for the team on defense.    Tourists.    We travel well but there are a lot of ex-pats who just use it as an excuse to visit places like Nashville, LA, NYC etc..   Getting many of them to show up in Buffalo in December?  Not happening.

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve been to many away games myself - a group of college friends and I all meet at a destination every year since everyone moved across the country over the years. Recently, Jacksonville (we wanted to see an easy blow out win …. 😒) KC this year, Baltimore a few years ago, Miami, etc. But the best was Tennessee. It was equal parts amazing for us and embarrassing for their fans. 

My bad for assuming the Jets fans were being *****. I for one think Josh still has MVP wrapped up. In fact I think the fact that the team crumbles when he has an off day highlights how he is the most valuable player on the best team in the AFC. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

But as you say, it was surprising that we made so little noise.  The crowd seemed much as you say, out for a fun day with the team that makes them happy.  Sophisticated northeasterners.  

Jets fans were incredibly passive.   I was amazed.   It didn't occur to them that they were supposed to make noise, and it was only after the Bills fans lit up that the Jets fans did anything.   It was almost like they were embarrassed into making noise.  

haha maybe jests fans saw the Saturday Night Live skit and decided to behave and not be total jerks for a game?  Naw Im not buying that either.   But they were lit up in rude fashion the night before just sayin'

Most of my NYC friends say the jests fans are insufferable after a win and to be avoided at all costs. 

@-@

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.