Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

I think we all knew last year was the year...easy contracts, no injuries besides White and Allen putting up historic playoff numbers. Wednesday is going to be the darkest day since Super Bowl XXV

Some of you are so weird.  

I don’t want to make judgments on anyone personal life, but taking joy in doomposting like this is pretty indicative..

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

On the plus side, all the panic about Josh is helping people forget that he basically hasn’t turned up for five quarters (and I will fight anyone who says six - he was fine in the 3rd Quarter against the Packers).

He was fine in the 3rd against GB

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah it was astonishing how useless Cam became.    It's hard to determine which really came first........his arm turning to jello or his brain.

I'm by no means predicting an immediate end for Allen but the reality is that McBeane have endeavored to have 2 of everything on defense and yet on offense they are happy with Diggs, Dawkins and some guys.     

It is hard to understand how, for an organization that fails forward quickly, they insist on a defense first approach with Josh a franchise guy these last 2 off-seasons.  They swung the trade for Diggs in 2020 ostensibly to give their QB all the chances to succeed...and he did, but their focus on defense (particularly the DL) remained the same.  

This year, Buffalo has 9 DL getting between 25 and 65% of snaps at mid-season.  Looking at other teams, including those with defensive based HC's, you don't see that kind of depth there.  But it's something Buffalo has done since early in the McBeane tenure.      

I once had hopes that Beane would move the HC away from the defense first approach, but he's either aligned with this plan or too weak to push for a new strategy.  And I sincerely doubt ownership will insist on changes as they deal with difficult off-season issues.  Makes one wonder what they talk about during off-season review.  

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Assume we go 2-4. That puts us at 8-6 and hopefully the whole team including Allen healthy with 3 games to go. Given how weak the AFC is that is a very manageable scenario.

What makes you think we can win with Keenum and absolutely no running game?

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Some of you are so weird.  

I don’t want to make judgments on anyone personal life, but taking joy in doomposting like this is pretty indicative..

I'm actually a very positive person in literally all aspects of my life, besides sports. All I can say is that it just FEELS like the worst is coming. The signs seem to be there with Mcds expression at the presser, not easing any doubt, Allen's silence, and how he looked after the Jets loss. That was not your normal, oh I sucked and we'll bounce back, he knows something is wrong wrong and felt it after that sack fumble.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Malik Willis almost beat the Chiefs yesterday.

This team would be fine w/ Keenum for an extended period.  I doubt it comes to that, but if it happened, we're built to succeed regardless.  Too much recency bias based on a bad game yesterday.

No Derrick Henry almost beat the chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 4

Hoping this isn't anything serious.  Hoping for more KC/Buffalo Mahomes/Allen postseason action this year.  

Also...really enjoy watching Allen and the Bills when I'm not watching the Chiefs.

Last....really really hoping this isn't a tommy john situation.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There are worse QBs with worse rosters that have won games this year. We don't have to overreact. We are not an 0-17 team without Josh Allen.

Very true, but now might be a good time to be able to roll out a more balanced offense that didn’t rely so much on Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Malik Willis almost beat the Chiefs yesterday.

This team would be fine w/ Keenum for an extended period.  I doubt it comes to that, but if it happened, we're built to succeed regardless.  Too much recency bias based on a bad game yesterday.

Not to derail the thread from discussing Josh’s impending retirement to steal Brady’s role at Fox from under his nose but I think the issue is we had a warning on both sides of the ball against the Packers yet nothing changed from the second half (defense)/final quarter (offense) to yesterday. We didn’t learn our lesson and Josh, even if he can play, concerns me because he’s dropped off alarmingly all of a sudden.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Not to derail the thread from discussing Josh’s impending retirement to steal Brady’s role at Fox from under his nose but I think the issue is we had a warning on both sides of the ball against the Packers yet nothing changed from the second half (defense)/final quarter (offense) to yesterday. We didn’t learn our lesson and Josh, even if he can play, concerns me because he’s dropped off alarmingly all of a sudden.

Don’t you think it might be Dorsey rather than Josh? Something is changing with the offense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Don’t you think it might be Dorsey rather than Josh? Something is changing with the offense.

Yea, they’re bored.  

Josh will be fine.  He’s going to play this week.  

The defense tho?  

No Rousseau is a big freaking deal.  

Poyer and Milano have to play this week.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

I know I’ve said it before but what bugs me is, pre-bye, Josh was great at taking what the defense gave him. Need to hand it off? Fine. Need short bullet passes? Fine. Nothing free up field? Will chuck it away relatively safely. And I can’t blame Dorsey for taking those options away from him - Shakir and Knox were available on short plays and we’re ignored for riskier, well covered, deep options yesterday. It’s like something changed at the bye and I don’t know why it’s happened.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.