NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

2 weeks in a row with 2 ints and a red zone pick 

Not going to win much playing that way.

Maybe something changed during the bye?

Not sure but those were certainly some of the worse tos since his 2nd season 

He either is concussed or is shaving points. If you saw those picks in person, they almost looked intentional.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

You're correct. But the defense also let the jets just run it 75 yards for the game winning fg

Jets were running on everyone all year. Look what Hall was doing.  Easily would have been roty

I think their ol deserves a ton of credit 

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He either is concussed or is shaving points. If you saw those picks in person, they almost looked intentional.

I did. I was in the corner EZ. Row 17. Great seats and view. It was a brutal throw. It's unacceptable.  Looked like 2018-2019 Allen 

Files are too big to share on here

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Feels like our early-in-the-season success on offense might be because we have a new offensive coordinator. Now that teams have figured him out it’s going to be tough sledding.

If the bills were the type of team that could just line up in a basic formation and run the ball and have success we’d have something to fall back on while we adjusted to the changing defenses. instead we start to panic and play into the hands of the defensive scheme. 

the coordinators/coach of this team seem way to rigid(?) with their philosophies on game day and need to do a better job of planning contingencies. Fall back to a more a vanilla approach when things aren’t working. Take 4 positive yards a play. Stop doubling down on things that aren’t working. 

I’m sure I’m way over simplifying something complex, but I believe the issue is mostly coaching. Recognize the game is one of these types of games/go into vanilla mode and take whatever points you can get rather than going for chunk plays. 

• Agree 1

God this place is miserable.  20 years ago this place was like group therapy, everyone picking each other up.  Now it is just a bunch of folks whining about how terrible everything is because of a tough road loss.  Who did not think this team would have Jax 2021 type games this year?  It just happens.  All athletes have subpar days.  Get an effing grip.

I understand emotions overrun people after a loss like that.  I've lived through 50 years of them.  6-2 and top seed in the AFC is still good.  It won't be a cakewalk, but I never thought it would be.  On to Minnesota.  And cheer up for God's sake, this is supposed to be fun.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Casey D said:

God this place is miserable.  20 years ago this place was like group therapy, everyone picking each other up.  Now it is just a bunch of folks whining about how terrible everything is because of a tough road loss.  Who did not think this team would have Jax 2021 type games this year?  It just happens.  All athletes have subpar days.  Get an effing grip.

I understand emotions overrun people after a loss like that.  I've lived through 50 years of them.  6-2 and top seed in the AFC is still good.  It won't be a cakewalk, but I never thought it would be.  On to Minnesota.  And cheer up for God's sake, this is supposed to be fun.

image.thumb.jpeg.b30fe7378a49b9faff73d8f2e52efd19.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Went to the game and drove back to NH last night....what a frustrating game to watch.  But I will say the Jets had a great gameplan, tried some special plays, philly special, onside kick, fake punt and some coverages they have not shown....basically they put everything on the line and squeaked it out when the Bills did not have their A game.   I will say for me the biggest issue is turnovers....interceptions by Josh, 8 is simply too many, it needs to get cleaned up.   In a game like yesterday when some the other team has a good gameplan one of the ways you can still win as the better team is not shooting yourself in the foot.  Don't give them opportunities and Josh made some boneheaded throws.  The Bills are among the league leaders in turnovers, it should not be surprising this causes a loss eventually.   Don't turn it over, punting is ok...its a mindset...do NOT turn it over, it might be boring and frustrating for fans sometimes but just keep grinding, it works.  Turnovers on the road are a huge momentum giver to the opponent.  Hopefully this will be the kick in the pants they need to get the sloppiness out of their game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The 90 yard drive that ended with the go ahead score for the Jets, had exactly ONE pass. Frazier, McD and any defensive player who was on the field for that drive should be embarrassed. 

After the punt pinned the Jets at their own 5, the Bills should have buried the Jets…not the other way around. 

7 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Went to the game and drove back to NH last night....what a frustrating game to watch.  But I will say the Jets had a great gameplan, tried some special plays, philly special, onside kick, fake punt and some coverages they have not shown....basically they put everything on the line and squeaked it out when the Bills did not have their A game.   I will say for me the biggest issue is turnovers....interceptions by Josh, 8 is simply too many, it needs to get cleaned up.   In a game like yesterday when some the other team has a good gameplan one of the ways you can still win as the better team is not shooting yourself in the foot.  Don't give them opportunities and Josh made some boneheaded throws.  The Bills are among the league leaders in turnovers, it should not be surprising this causes a loss eventually.   Don't turn it over, punting is ok...its a mindset...do NOT turn it over, it might be boring and frustrating for fans sometimes but just keep grinding, it works.  Turnovers on the road are a huge momentum giver to the opponent.  Hopefully this will be the kick in the pants they need to get the sloppiness out of their game.

It’s really just this.

The Jets came in with a great game plan and executed it.  They brought the intensity and the Bills couldn’t match it.  You wonder about the practice habits during the week because the post bye-week execution has been poor.

But your overall point is spot-on: Allen and Dorsey need to be refocused a bit.  The point is to win the game, not win every single play.  McDermott needs to get more involved in making sure the offense has the right goal in mind.  I hate it, because that might mean more settling for punts and field goals but a bad trend has been established where Allen and Dorsey are unable to give up on an individual play and the result is disaster.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2

So, looking at the week 14 rematch I wouldn't be surprised if Jets at Bills gets flexed. The SNF game that night is KC at DEN. Denver blows so that game losses its appeal even with Patrick. Other possible games that day Eagles at Giants and Dolphins at Chargers are the other 2 I could see getting flexed. I hope it's not the Giants game as I am going. Would rather be at MetLife at 1:00 then at 8:20. 

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Did you notice after a successful run play where Phillips didn't mind his gap in the first half, Edmunds came up and got in his face?

Thanks, I did not catch that.

If Tremaine has to take the time to speak to you, you've definitely got an issue to address.

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Bills in control of game 14-3, 6 min to go in the half. Then…

NYJ TD to end the 2nd quarter. 

NYJ TD to start the 3rd quarter. 

NYJ FG near the end of the 4th quarter. 

Ballgame. 

It's almost as if the Bills were the underdog and jumped out to the lead and then the Jets settled in and played their game.  

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

You're correct. But the defense also let the jets just run it 75 yards for the game winning fg

One bad drive when they were shattered.

I think I'm recalling correctly that the defense got off the field on the first touchdown drive but Specials Team messed the bed on the fake, putting them out there.

For the second touchdown, Josh gave them short field.

The defense also saved us when we kicked out of bounds.

Yes, one bad drive which lost the game, but others have to take more than their share of blame for yesterday's result.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Here in NJ, I am already receiving crap (trash talk) from my co-workers most of them Jets fans. This sucks

Point out that all three sides of our game had horrific moments yet they still only managed to beat us by three. We would have been blown out by a good team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Bills in control of game 14-3, 6 min to go in the half. Then…

NYJ TD to end the 2nd quarter. 

NYJ TD to start the 3rd quarter. 

NYJ FG near the end of the 4th quarter. 

Ballgame. 

Reminded me of one of my Maddens games. 

Intersting question that nobody has brought up...there were about 24 seconds left on the clock when the Davis play happened on 4th down incomplete...

With no TO left, would the Bills have been able to get everyone that far downfield in time to get set and snap the ball?

Talking about running 70 yards downfield and getting set to snap it. You'd think they would, but it would have been interesting to find out.

7 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

The last 6 quarters.... 

Josh Allen

24-of-48 for 261 yards 0 TDs 4 INTs

Drives (going back to halftime of the GB game)

FG

INT

INT

PUNT

INT

TD

PUNT

TD

Miss FG

INT

FG

PUNT

Turnover on downs

It's time to get back to some less aggressive/quick rhythm passing, 3 steps and deliver.  Spread the targets around, and then Diggs targets will naturally occur (too much forcing right now).  

This just needs mixed in more, it's like a running attack and get ahead of the sticks.  Too many long developing pass plays, put alot of pressure on the oline...but Josh also needs to hit those checkdowns/easy passes, instead of hero ball.

Dorsey/Josh will get this back on track, just frustrating to waste a loss. 

But you get better by learning from mistakes, hopefully these past 6 quarters are a distant memory after next few games.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.