Bills trade for Nyheim Hines

BLeonard

17 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I don't get it, the biggest areas of need are IOL and S, and they go out and get a 3rd down back despite having used a 2nd round pick in April on a 3rd down back.  

Color me confused.

They traded a day 3 for a RB insurance policy/ lightning fast pass catching rb.  

Not one IOL was traded…..none were available.  If Poyer isn’t out long, we don’t need a S.  If he’s out awhile, I would’ve liked a S too

Just now, Big Turk said:

So he is going to be an every down back when the Colts have Jonathan Taylor?

Maybe if Taylor gets hurt again. Or maybe he will get a chance at his next stop. He wasnt doing anything here but I don't think it's because he's not good. Again watch the tape on both guys and see which one looks like a RB and which guy looks like a backup

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But offers less than both Singletary and Cook in rushing & receiving. I don't get it unless he's the #3 RB.

He's much better than Singletary as a receiver (the jury's still out on Cook, who hasn't had enough touches to evaluate).    Hines can also play the slot in a pinch.     As a runner, he looks about the same as Motor, with less yards after contact ability (he's a water bug).   

Would have liked to add a bigger back for short yardage situations, but I guess that's Josh's role. 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I wish Moss all the best. He was meh for us. But I think this trade will Really work out well for him. He will do a lot better in the Colts style running attack (more gap and duo). 

if you are a fantasy player, I would recommend picking him up.

Meh is kind. 

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Meh. Smells like desperation after all the other moves today. "We did a move too!"

Was it a 5th and Zack moss?

I do think he adds to ST in a returner role. Maybe replaces ancient Taiwan Jones as a ST gunner/ace.

Can be effective in spot duty as a RB.

Very expensive next year, probably more then Singletary would be. Not sure that is an upgrade.

Go Bills!

Hes a faster JD McKissic and we offered him a multi-year deal before it fell apart. 

Id expect us to try to restructure his deal and enter next year with Hines/Cook as the 1/2. 

That is a ton of speed/pass catch ability in the backfield. 

We can find a bruiser mid-late rounds of the draft to be a short yardage guy we hoped Moss would be. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

$5M per is an insane price to pay for Hines when you just drafted Cook

No guarantees Singletary is here next year. So now they have a solid backup RB who is versatile and can play. Come playoff time can't leave anything to chance especially with a rookie in Cook.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.