How in the hell did Nathaniel Hackett become an NFL head coach?

eball

Seriously.  The ONLY answer is nepotism and the old white boy network.  He has done literally nothing in his NFL coaching career to suggest he was prepared or competent to be an NFL head coach, and that is being displayed for all to see.

S-h-i-t like this is why Brian Flores' lawsuit is a legitimate concern for the NFL.

Disgusting.

Edit:  I acknowledge I am perhaps overstating the point…but there just doesn’t seem to be any rational explanation for why this idiot is a HC.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 30
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Seriously.  The ONLY answer is nepotism and the old white boy network.  He has done literally nothing in his NFL coaching career to suggest he was prepared or competent to be an NFL head coach, and that is being displayed for all to see.

S-h-i-t like this is why Brian Flores' lawsuit is a legitimate concern for the NFL.

Disgusting.

Because people don't do their research. 

All the media talks about is his time with the Packers. 

I remember Nate Hackett as the Syracuse Orange OC that followed Doug Marrone here. 

And he ran an awful offense here, followed Marone again to Jacksonville and ran another boring offense there. 

They've tried the same thing with Alex Van Pelt, he was around Rodgers and so he gets hype as the next great offensive mind. 

Eric B in Kansas City must just interview terribly. That's the only thing I can think. You would think that much time with Reid and Mahomes, he would be an offensive mastermind, but he must not be able to get words out well in the interview, or fails on the question of managing the entire team, not just the offense. 

• Agree 2

This dude could get fired after this week if he loses to the Jags.  The new ownership group didn't hire him. He looks like he is WAY over his head and has no idea how to right the ship.

Some people don't have the proper skills to be a HC.  He clearly doesn't.  Sometimes it takes a while to figure out if a coach actually does have it, but you can usually tell right away when a coach doesn't.  And he doesn't.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Obviously coming from the St. Doug coaching tree helped too.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

This dude could get fired after this week if he loses to the Jags.  The new ownership group didn't hire him. He looks like he is WAY over his head and has no idea how to right the ship.

Some people don't have the proper skills to be a HC.  He clearly doesn't.  Sometimes it takes a while to figure out if a coach actually does have it, but you can usually tell right away when a coach doesn't.  And he doesn't.

He’s following the playbook where he gets paid to go away. 

• Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Disgusting.

It is who you know, not so much what you know, sad as that is in many cases, it’s no wonder folk get pissed  off when this degree of nepotism goes on, 

I always thought it was strange - when he was in Buffalo the only positive thing I ever heard about him was his high 'energy'.   Then he went to Jax, and they talked about his high energy.  Then GB and how Rogers liked him and his energy.  I don't think I've ever heard anything positive about his actual knowledge and, you know, actual coaching ability

Edited by stevewin
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

My First Post!

I'm actually suprised more Special Teams Coaches (i.e. John Harbaugh) don't get hired as head coaches.  I would think they would have ability to see the bigger picture on how the team as a whole is run.  When the special teams play, it's always right after an importnat decicison by the head coach, or after what the coordinators do (Do we punt?, do we kick a field goal? Did we score a TD and now we are Kicking off?)

I always wished Bobby April would have been given the chance in Buffalo.

Edited by davetra
better grammer
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Broncos are where the Bills were 10-12 years ago…. Chest deep in folly, and making dumb decisions.  They’re almost mirror image of the Bills with 15 straight losses to a division opponent, since I doubt they beat the Chiefs any time soon.

The Broncos needed stability, they should have called Gary Kubiak and begged him to come back.  3 first time head coaches with 2 on the payroll for a few more years. 

I knew when the Hackett didn’t play the starters all preseason with a brand new QB he was still incompetent.  

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, eball said:

Disgusting.

Spot on, eball.  I've been asking the same about Kliff Kingsbury since the day he was hired.  He was an absolute failure as a college coach and had ZERO NFL experience in any capacity.  It's insane.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.