How in the hell did Nathaniel Hackett become an NFL head coach?

eball

20 hours ago, eball said:

Seriously.  The ONLY answer is nepotism and the old white boy network.  He has done literally nothing in his NFL coaching career to suggest he was prepared or competent to be an NFL head coach, and that is being displayed for all to see.

S-h-i-t like this is why Brian Flores' lawsuit is a legitimate concern for the NFL.

Disgusting.

Edit:  I acknowledge I am perhaps overstating the point…but there just doesn’t seem to be any rational explanation for why this idiot is a HC.

Ooooh, you used a naughty word...:wub:

19 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

What’s the quickest a coach has been fired after being newly hired (excluding interim coaches)? Only one I can think of us Urban Meyer

George Allen was fired after two PRESEASON games in 1977

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/lists/urban-meyer-shortest-nfl-head-coaching-tenures-new-york-jets-bill-belichick-lou-holtz/

21 hours ago, eball said:

Seriously.  The ONLY answer is nepotism and the old white boy network.  He has done literally nothing in his NFL coaching career to suggest he was prepared or competent to be an NFL head coach, and that is being displayed for all to see.

S-h-i-t like this is why Brian Flores' lawsuit is a legitimate concern for the NFL.

Disgusting.

Edit:  I acknowledge I am perhaps overstating the point…but there just doesn’t seem to be any rational explanation for why this idiot is a HC.

You know while I agree on the nepotism it works the same way for players too. I hate how race is injected into everything.

Isn't an awful coincidence players children always make it to the nfl too? Are they all white? 

Look your absolutely right on the nepotism  but I don't think they're really race focused on that. 

And the argument about coaches and gm's has less merit when the majority of players are not white. Why isn't there a big uproar to make that equal? Representative of the population?  

Racism against anyone isn't ok.

Ya how he got to head coach is laughable.

Edited by Sharky7337

18 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I think you are selling it short. I recall plenty of Pass (incomplete)-Run-Pass-Punt sequences as well. 

haha They run on first probably 60% of the time.  Depending on how that goes they might have to pass twice.  Or pass then get stuffed on 3rd and 2.  

There's a lot of ways to be bad 🙂

22 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Eric B in Kansas City must just interview terribly. That's the only thing I can think. You would think that much time with Reid and Mahomes, he would be an offensive mastermind, but he must not be able to get words out well in the interview, or fails on the question of managing the entire team, not just the offense. 

Bieniemy's issue is that he is a dirt bag that can't be trusted with running a program.  He's been arrested several times including grabbing a female parking attendant by the neck.  While he was a coach at Colorado the program got in trouble for feeding alcohol and drugs to minors to recruit them as well as several rape allegations against his players that he helped cover up.

The ONLY reason Bieniemy is in an NFL building is because the Chiefs have no problem employing the scum of the earth, they were the only ones willing to give him a chance given his background. 

He is not a hireable candidate. A terrible example to use.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.