Chargers CB JC Jackson done for the year- ruptured patellar tendon

Big Turk

JC Jackson tore his patellar tendon and is done for the year...although that may be helpful to them since they benched him last week.

Their big $83 million offseason FA signing has been mostly dreadful and looks like a system player who was only good playing in a CB friendly system.

Chargers once again showing they are paper tigers.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2022/jc-jackson-done-year-ruptured-patellar

Edited by Big Turk

• Big Turk changed the title to Chargers CB JC Jackson done for the year- ruptured patellar tendon
3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Most overrated player in the history of the NFL imo.  Sucks you got hurt but you’re lucky you got that paid.  

chargers are f’d this year.  Toasty

Won’t say most overrated, but if the chargers bothered to watch him against the Bills they wouldn’t have signed him.  Dude was bad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/18/2022 at 8:48 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

what is a stream box?

On 10/23/2022 at 11:53 PM, What a Tuel said:

Never seen such a fraudulent 5-2 team.

Fluke comeback win against the Browns.

Beat 3rd string rookie QB in Miami

Beat the bad broncos

Beat the bad steelers

Beat the Packers and Aaron Rodgers?!?!?....wait so did the Commanders.

Is it the Jets or the Opponents?

On the flip side they got handled by the respectable Ravens and Bengals.

I'm not usually one to discount a teams wins, but come on, besides Aaron Rodgers, thats bottom of the barrel.

They will come crashing back to reality when they face us and the Vikings, but lucky for them, the rest of the schedule is fairly cake being the last place AFC Team and getting the Jaguars, Seahawks, and Broncos. I think the Jaguars and Seahawks give them a run for the money though.

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Won’t say most overrated, but if the chargers bothered to watch him against the Bills they wouldn’t have signed him.  Dude was bad.

Overrated and then some. His INT's were against first/second/third game rookies, tipped passes etc. Below average cover skills. Blatantly overrated... Just like Mac Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

Guess the Chargers should have been running a CB friendly system, then? They seem to always find ways to lose games.

People can say Jackson sucks, but he really didn't suck in New England. He was a good corner. Diggs and Allen pretty much destroy all the best corners in the league. That's nothing new. If Jackson had come to Buffalo I know he would be playing well (not that Buffalo even pursued him).

I blame the chargers for blunders like this. Whoever they trot out there to replace him will also suck. It isn't the players, it is the organization.

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Most overrated player in the history of the NFL imo.  Sucks you got hurt but you’re lucky you got that paid.  

chargers are f’d this year.  Toasty

History? Nah, but I can think of at least 8-10 CB's I'd consider better.

He's a modern day Nnamdi Asomugha.

Edited by billsbackto81

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The Chargers starting the season with big FA moves, trades and setting expectations high just to lay a big steaming pile when the season starts is the most Charger thing that could happen. Chargers always gonna Charger.

It's a tradition unlike any other...

Yeah...the crazy thing is it goes back over a decade now.

I mean this is a team that once managed to have the #1 Offense and #1 Defense in the NFL one year and miss the playoffs 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah...the crazy thing is it goes back over a decade now.

I mean this is a team that once managed to have the #1 Offense and #1 Defense in the NFL one year and miss the playoffs 

Well over a decade. Back to the Fouts years in my opinion. At one time their offense had Drew Brees, LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates on offense and still couldn't get it done. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

The moves you make when your in a division with an all time great QB and Coach that rarely lose - I can’t imagine what that’s like.

But no joke…..these injuries all suck.  Terrible weekend for them.   

Happens every year, just how it goes in football. 

2 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

The Chargers still have to play the Chiefs one more time — I was hoping they could hand the Chiefs a loss. That will be harder without Jackson, whether he's overrated or not.

Maybe not when he is allowing a QB rating of 112 on passes thrown at him...that's not even replacement level.

I always thought Jackson was pretty good.  He struggled a lot against Diggs, but to call the system in NE "CB Friendly" isn't really true.  He also had 25 INTs in 4 seasons, as a UDFA.  He started playing in the slot, moved outside, replaced Gilmore.  

To chase the money after a 3yr UDFA contract, and a 4th year as an RFA?  Don't blame him in the slightest.  Good for him. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I always thought Jackson was pretty good.  He struggled a lot against Diggs, but to call the system in NE "CB Friendly" isn't really true.  He also had 25 INTs in 4 seasons, as a UDFA.  He started playing in the slot, moved outside, replaced Gilmore.  

To chase the money after a 3yr UDFA contract, and a 4th year as an RFA?  Don't blame him in the slightest.  Good for him. 

NE does have a DB friendly system, much like the Bills do.  They have the ability to find and coach up DB's to play very solidly in their system.  JC Jackson was a UFA, much like Levi Wallace. However, those players usually don't replicate their success they had when with those teams because they are expected to do more which they don't have the talent to do most times.  Same thing with Malcolm Butler.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe not when he is allowing a QB rating of 112 on passes thrown at him...that's not even replacement level.

Yeah, he was not having a good season.  At the end of the day though, this team has missed Bosa.  They don't get enough pressure, and even after spending a ton in FA (and draft picks) they still can't stop the run.  

Murray and Tillery were 1st rounders and neither has been very good.  Tranquill was a later pick but he doesn't impress me.  Van Noy isn't good anymore.

Then you have the higher priced guys like Jackson, Joseph, Johnson added.  And they literally aren't any better at stopping the run.  

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

NE does have a DB friendly system, much like the Bills do.  They have the ability to find and coach up DB's to play very solidly in their system.  JC Jackson was a UFA, much like Levi Wallace. However, those players usually don't replicate their success they had when with those teams because they are expected to do more which they don't have the talent to do most times.  Same thing with Malcolm Butler.

Comparing him to Levi Wallace is insane.  Wallace was trash in man coverage and has 7 career INTs and 34 PDs in 55 starts.  Jackson had 25 INTs and 55 PDs.  

Malcolm butler played 3 seasons in Tenn, and I wouldn't say he was inherently bad.  His numbers were never really that impressive in NE either - he was made famous by a play he made in the super bowl.  I'd say Logan Ryan but Tennessee changed his position when they brought him in so... there's somewhat of a tough learning curve there.  

39 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Comparing him to Levi Wallace is insane.  Wallace was trash in man coverage and has 7 career INTs and 34 PDs in 55 starts.  Jackson had 25 INTs and 55 PDs.  

Malcolm butler played 3 seasons in Tenn, and I wouldn't say he was inherently bad.  His numbers were never really that impressive in NE either - he was made famous by a play he made in the super bowl.  I'd say Logan Ryan but Tennessee changed his position when they brought him in so... there's somewhat of a tough learning curve there.  

Not comparing him directly to Wallace, just saying how both teams find and develop quality players that are UDFA's.  Jackson had a lot of picks, but the Bills still had the better pass D...even with Wallace.

1 hour ago, Irv said:

The problems all started with Sid Gillman.

Sid Gillman was a genius. It was always so much fun watching his offenses play. They were fresh, innovative and exciting. He also had Lance Alworth who made that long game work. Every so often a coach comes along that really revolutionizes the game. Sid was one of those few. He was a great coach.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Jackson may be another prime example of a patriots player who might be more the product of the system vs individual talent.

Bigger issue going forward is that's a brutal injury for a DB to recover from.

I always thought he was a good man corner.  For whatever reason he couldn't hang with Diggs, few really can.  Diggs struggled a ton with ward at KC (he's pretty grabby).  

Yeah, long road ahead, but he got a big guarantee so at least it didn't happen on his rookie deal or RFA tender last year.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.