Genesis of your screen name

AlfaBill

In a Simpsons episode Homer dies and is doing things to try to get into heaven. Marge gives him a list of chores and he says I’m just trying to get into heaven, I’m not running for Jesus. And at that point Brian moorman was my favorite player. The irony is I barely watch the Simpsons anymore and I’m not even religious. Just made it in the beginning…had it for BBMB, stuck with it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Nickname from college. After being stationed down south and exposed to so many southerners in the Army, it's easy to pick up on some of the vernacular.

The kids at Fredonia thought it was funny that I said "y'all" and started calling me the same. Nickname has stuck ever since IRL.

• Like (+1) 1

Back about a decade ago bleacher report ran a story about what would happen if GRRM wrote the NFL season. You know, back when Game of Thrones was good.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1206370-if-george-rr-martin-wrote-the-script-to-the-2012-nfl-season

It's a funny bit, and I liked the idea of the Bills being the Others/Whitewalkers and I liked the picture of Shawn Merriman as one.

Well Merriman left the team but as a pale blue eyed thing walking the southern lands of South Jersey I pivoted. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I was getting inundated for a time with emails with “Donotreply”’in the title, (mostly insurance/medical/Hospital bills) sooo, I ran with it, 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Favorite band + my first name

Same band.

i was “Zippy” on a previous board. Something happened to that username. (And no. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t banned—generally don’t post controversial stuff.) i then became “marangi” because I loved the guy for like two games as a kid. I then realized that I was using variations of “marangi” for passwords at the time, freaked out, and deleted the account. I settled on this when I decided to create another username. ,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

BadolPuttyTat_TC.png

I bought my girlfriend a Bills themed tweety night shirt on Abbott before a game during the last SB season.   Tweety had a pissed off look sitting in his cage saying Bad ol' Bills.   And that's how other teams and their fans felt about the Bills and their traveling "pack of huns" fanbase(as one New England parking lot attendant described Bills fans in an SI article).   I had first considered "Big Bad Bills"........the title of the great picture from the SI cover with Jay Schroeder getting his helmet yanked sideways by the facemark by Darryl Talley but it was too "on the nose" and serious.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Playing football in the neighborhood growing up, EVERYBODY was Bobby Chandler. Make a diving catch? “BOBBY CHANDLER!’. Toe drag catch at the sideline or end line of the endzone? “BOBBY CHANDLER!” 3 reasons; like every kid in the ‘hood, he was smallish & white & then he was Great!

I always figured your name was in reference to Scott Chandler who was a good tight end for the Bills a few years back. Guess I’m wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.