Genesis of your screen name

AlfaBill

My name is pretty self-explanatory but I'd like to add the Caveat I came onto the boards in the early-ish stages of the Drought.  The morale was very low at that time being a Bills fan but I still had so much pride from the glory years and always was plugged into that feeling I guess.  I chose the number 12 because at the time I thought it was the most synonymous number associated with the Bills but I've been very tempted to change my name to BillsPride17.  Ultimately decided to just keep it the same because it represents where my mind was at during the Drought years and at this point those are like proud battle scars.

• Like (+1) 1

So before the bills were born it seemed like if you lived Syracuse and East you were a Giants fan and us here in Rochester and west were Brown's fans. So being born in 1956 by the time the bills started in 1960 all my memories are completely of the bills. He would take me to games when he could but if it was blacked out we would drive until we could watch a game at a bowling alley or wherever we could find it. He left me his binoculars that we always took to the games. Inside of it he had all the tickets stubs of when he went to Browns games and everyone of the bills games. When I when I was looking to see if any of the stubs slipped under I found out it had a false bottom and inside of it was a little tiny bottle of Scotch like you get on the airplane. I was trying to save it until they won the Super Bowl but when the 13 seconds happened I said a prayer and drank it so there you have it Super Bowl or bust! This is our year go bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Tribute to Brady I presume 

WTF. Gross.

10 hours ago, chongli said:

Not really! Do you like to ski, or is that just part of the name? Why goat, and why the French definite article? You don't have to tell anyone, but some people could still be left wondering

9 hours ago, Dopey said:

The greatest polish dude? I can’t say the greatest polack nowadays. 

Guys, c'mon...

Who was the greatest offensive lineman all time for the Buffalo Bills?

13 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Ditto and Chandler#81 was taken.

I’m not sure player uniforms were available to buy back then so I wish I would’ve ordered a custom jersey with his name and #.

I have one -from China. We only wore the mid-60’s home blue throwbacks for a couple seasons -which pizzez me off still-so I ordered this then. Bobbyc#81 wore it. I’m glad cuz they’re no longer available. I’ve had to re-paint the numbers a couple times so I don’t wear it much anymore..

12 hours ago, Augie said:

My middle name is Augustine. (Thanks mom & dad!)  As a kid my sister, 3 years older, would tease me calling me Augie Doggie. It’s an old cartoon for the youngin’s. Around the time I joined the board she had just had a quadruple bypass. She’s tall, thin, never smoked and walked the dogs miles every day. Last person in a crowd you’d guess would need a quadruple bypass. I was thinking of her and her recovery when I picked a name. 

Mine’s Andrew…. Augustine is pretty cool. Maybe not when you’re a kid but now I’d be digging it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.