Genesis of your screen name

AlfaBill

12 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

Was a big Bills fan from back in the early sixties. My dad and older brothers were big Bills fans which obviously gained my interest. I loved their awesome defense and got to meet Tom Sestak, along with Pete Gogolak, Darryl Lamonica and Dick Hudson at an autograph session at the motel field in Blasdell where they practiced. I think it was the Camelot. I could not get over how massively huge Sestak was. To a small child he truly was a giant. His play on the field was second to none and his quickness and strength at his position were unmatched. If he grabbed a running back by the ankle, that running back was going nowhere. Unfortunately his career was shortened by a knee injury. That Bill's defense was legendary with Stratton, Tracy, Jacobs, Day, McDole, Dunaway, Saimes and Byrd.  The best of all those greats was Sestak.

Loved our mid-60’s Champions. Still can’t get over how soon Tom died after retiring..🥲

15 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

My screen name is part my last name and part a nickname I earned playing basketball in college. It stuck and here we are…haha. 

You’re a *****? Cool!

9 hours ago, Dan said:

As a fifty something, it just kills me that the younger set don’t know this movie!!!

We are constantly quoting this, the Blues brothers, Caddyshack, Animal house, Ghostbusters, Meatballs etc. 

Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis!!!!

You younguns on here, when you’re looking for something to watch, above is a classic list for you. Reitman and Ramis and the movies they are attached to are a great wealth of humor and early SNL talent ( the best SNL) on screen.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I became a fan in 1962 and Kemp became a hero of mine. He is a legend and so instead of picking a current player at the time or anything else I wanted to honor one of the three greatest QBs in Buffalo Bills history. I also wanted to indicate just how long I have been a fan. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

No relation to Dwight Gooden (if you remember him).

I am a college professor/writer, the kind of Ph.D. doctor who can't cure anything but your bad grammar but can tell you all about Herman Melville, and my last name starts with a "K."

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

No relation to Dwight Gooden (if you remember him).

I am a college professor/writer, the kind of Ph.D. doctor who can't cure anything but your bad grammar but can tell you all about Herman Melville, whose last name starts with a "K."

So you’re NOT a coke head??😯

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Mortal Kombat came out in the early 90's (arcade fighting game).  Johnny Cage was one of the original characters.

Oh damn! Yes. How’s I forget that I used to love that game

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

WTF. Gross.

Guys, c'mon...

Who was the greatest offensive lineman all time for the Buffalo Bills?

Will Wilford?

I went to Toronto for a high school field trip and got a fake ID. They told me to make up a name and I chose Dan Hill. I have no idea why.

A bunch of my friends also got IDs and showed them off to our teacher. I lied and said I didn't get one. When we got back home, the teacher immediately went to everyone's parents and told them about the IDs. I was the only one who kept mine.

I used it for years, eventually getting banned from just about every bar and liquor store in my hometown. The last time I got denied was a week before my 21st birthday at a total dive liquor store in a horrible part of town. The reason? The ID had finally expired.

Once a bartender looked at the ID and said, "That's clearly fake but I don't care. What do you want?"

I still have my Dan Hill ID. So many memories. Blurry ones. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.