Genesis of your screen name

AlfaBill

Originally "$2Donuts" to sort of show surety of opinion.

...then someone here referred to me as "Two Dollar Donuts" which sort of showed I went too far on a a name that I thought up in just moments and was too cute by half.  Not helped by the fact this person was a good friend of mine of this board.

modified it to what it is today.  I am honestly indifferent to it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I'm pretty late to this thread because I took the weekend off from football, but...

I started out many years ago on the BBMB as Goganious, named after unremarkable Bills linebacker Pete Goganious. I think I just liked the way the name rolled off the tongue.

At some point, I had login issues with the name and the whole song and dance I was going through to get into my account didn't seem worth it, so I decided to start a new one. 

On the one hand, BBMB was pretty awful at that time. Poorly moderated, filled with trolls and idiots and doom-and-gloomers and awful, illogical takes. On the other hand, I love philosophy and logic. Aristotle, Plato, Kant.

So, Logic seemed like a good, simple, well...logical name to take on. My goal at that point was simply to make some logical, even-handed posts to counter all the over-the-top nonsense at BBMB. I kept the name when I came to this forum just so I could keep track of people that migrated here with me, and vice versa. 

On 10/22/2022 at 11:43 AM, Boatdrinks said:

Mine comes from a Jimmy Buffett song. I may live in WNY, but my heart/ mind is always in the tropics. The tunes lyrics pretty much sum it up! 

I have a 21' Crownline and live in the FLX. Big ass Bills flag flyin' off the back. Your screen name is my favorite by FAR :)

Love the lakes, love a cold beer, and love my Bills :)

Josh is from Firebaugh, which sounds like Fireball, so.....it's my way of honoring #17. 

• Like (+1) 1

I chose the name during the drought years because I was a fan in better days of late 80s when the SB teams were being assembled. The drought years and the utter dreck we were forced to put up with (including the nadir of the Bills in Toronto) made me long for a team with great players and quality and a coach who knew what the hell he was doing!! Lately though, Ive been loving "living in the present"!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/22/2022 at 9:49 PM, cba fan said:

I was a big fan of the Continental Basketball Association back in the day.

That was my nickname on all the CBA teams message boards we had a lot of fun on them.

People knew me by my nickname and called me that in person. Lol.

Glenn Hagan is still my all-time favorite basketball player.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.