Genesis of your screen name

AlfaBill

13 hours ago, transient said:

Mine is an homage to accepting impermanence.

At the time I joined, I had lurked off and on in chunks of time for several years. I was in the process of moving to a city where I had no ties for the third time in 4 years and would be leaving some close friends who had become family in the process. I was also in a strained marriage that I think I subconsciously recognized would ultimately fail. I was experiencing an overwhelming feeling of transience the day I finally signed up, just 2 weeks before the move; not a positive or negative feeling, just an acceptance of the fact that life is everchanging, in my case a fact that is compounded by my tendency toward boredom and, at least from a career sense, a tendency to look toward greener pastures.

Now 13 years on from that day, my life is fundamentally the same. Among other things, I've moved another 4 times and am gearing up for a move to ATL in the next several months. My pattern of activity followed by stretches of radio-silence on TBD has continued. Fortunately, the relationship part is not in flux. I've found someone that seems to be as up for a new adventure as I am this time around, even if she is a Who Dat.

Cheers!

I never really stopped and thought about my life in 2009 (when I joined here, like you) vs. my life in 2022 ... until I read your post just now.

While I've not moved at all, I've gone through multiple job changes, divorced, raised my son practically alone since 2017, and met someone great.  Shooting the sh!t with all the pricks here on TBD helped keep me sane through all of that, to be honest.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you! 

Cheers!

• Thank you (+1) 3

I was "Future Success" on the old BBMB.  I joined after that Dallas MNF game. I was just despondent, as I'm sure most of us were, about how that game fell apart. I wanted my board name to be a positive affirmation for the days ahead.

On this board, I ditched the "Future," because hey - we're there!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

A small bay on Lake Ontario in Jefferson County.  Grandfather built a little cottage up here in the late 50's, and it's always been my dream to end up here after having lived all over the country and traveled all over the world.  I can't say my wife is exactly thrilled, but the Bills are on local TV every weekend.  So I win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.