NFL Week 6 - Bills victorious!!!! Over Chiefs - post game thread

BuffaloBill

58 minutes ago, Mango said:

Right. The driver needs 8 hours in between. So that works. A lot to the time they’ll pull over at a rest stop and there’s a guy waiting to take over in say Indy. That guy will do Indy to KC and back to Indy the next day. Switch again. I’ve never seen them ride together.

I thought for sure the Bills would have had him go straight through. But that’s a long day in the car for a guy that’s gotta play a day later. So I get why they’d have him stop too. 

Not to mention he's got a young kid with him - not sure how old Poyer's daughter Aliyah is, about 6 I think. 

Probably a happier trip overall if she gets to have a break.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, WideNine said:

The option shovel pass is not incredibly new trickery, but McKenzie has to be upfield more and ready for it. He was neither, and that set the wrong tone.

Allan was playing a bit hyped early too, but settled down.

After watching the play again, and listening to McDermott's interview where he was asked about McKenzie, I have a pretty high degree of confidence that was NOT supposed to be a shovel pass to McKenzie or a play where a shovel pass to McKenzie after he crossed the field L to R was an option.

For one thing, the flow of the play design makes no sense as a shovel pass to McKenzie.  We have "eye candy" to draw the D's attention L to R, then after that, we're going to do a shovel pass to the R?  If you want the ball to go to McKenzie, hand it off to him or pitch it to him as he goes past. 

You can listen to the question about McKenzie and McDermott's answer if you like, it's about 18:40 into his presser from today.  McDermott very carefully avoided placing blame for that play, but his comments pretty well indicated to me, what you saw on that play was not what we designed.

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Knox learned and know McK will have to learn - you never give up on a Josh Allen play.  If he had kept running that had huge potential, but McK stopped on the play after his part was over.

This part I agree with completely.  But at that stage of the game, maybe Josh should have given up on the Josh Allen play. 

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

So what.  Be a grown up and ignore it.  Or better yet, you can block users you don't agree with.

Oh, I need to be the grown up?

Not the other way around?

Also, there is nothing wrong with disagreements. If negativity is the only thing that motivates people, then there is nothing that can be done for that individual.

Some people just want to bring attention to themselves, and feel like they have nothing to answer for anything.

It happens here plenty of times.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sal C posted a little diagram of this play

I forget who said it, but after the SF49ers game  (in 2020 I think), one of the media members described one of Josh's throws as a "THAT *****IN' GUY!" play.  He explained that to a DC, you draw up your defensive play, you call the right play, EVERY PLAYER ON YOUR DEFENSE EXECUTES PERFECTLY - and Josh Allen still throws a completion.  It's enough to make a DC throw his clipboard and yell "THAT *****IN' GUY!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Jukester said:

Sal said the play was a screen to the opposite side and when that wasn't there Josh improvised to McKenzie.  He wasn't expecting anything coming his way.

According to some he needs to have telepathy with Josh to be a starter on this team.

Maybe the posters also have telepathy and can know I am thinking about DC Tom's favorite quote.

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I forget who said it, but after the SF49ers game  (in 2020 I think), one of the media members described one of Josh's throws as a "THAT *****IN' GUY!" play.  He explained that to a DC, you draw up your defensive play, you call the right play, EVERY PLAYER ON YOUR DEFENSE EXECUTES PERFECTLY - and Josh Allen still throws a completion.  It's enough to make a DC throw his clipboard and yell "THAT *****IN' GUY!"

IMHO,  Allen’s throwing release is legendary, as is Mahomes’.

But, just my opinion, JA17’s release is like .2 seconds quicker which is why he can keep the Bills up with Mahomo’s Chefs (no offense I have a culinary degree).  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Jukester said:

Sal said the play was a screen to the opposite side and when that wasn't there Josh improvised to McKenzie.  He wasn't expecting anything coming his way.

See, this makes total logical sense. The design of the play being a sweep by McKenzie L to R (to draw a man defender with him if it's man, and as "eye candy" to distract the D), followed by a screen to the L, has a logical flow to it.  The design of the play being a sweep by McKenzie L to R (to draw the D attention to the R) followed by a shovel pass to McKenzie on the R, does NOT make logical sense.

If I'm not mistaken, we've had that screen play blown up several times.  I'm wondering if some self-scouting is needed to look for a "tell" opponents are keying on.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Watching this animation you can clearly see why Josh wanted him to run toward the post.  It was completely free of enemies.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

See, this makes total logical sense. The design of the play being a sweep by McKenzie L to R (to draw a man defender with him if it's man, and as "eye candy" to distract the D), followed by a screen to the L, has a logical flow to it.  The design of the play being a sweep by McKenzie L to R (to draw the D attention to the R) followed by a shovel pass to McKenzie on the R, does NOT make logical sense.

If I'm not mistaken, we've had that screen play blown up several times.  I'm wondering if some self-scouting is needed to look for a "tell" opponents are keying on.

Agree.  They lined Cook up in the slot, IIRC, he was likely the intended target.

This play may have been better designed if McKenzie would have motioned into the backfield, so Josh could decipher man vs zone.  Trying to hit a backside screen against Man, is not a smart call...would have likely worked against zone though

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Oh, I need to be the grown up?

Not the other way around?

Also, there is nothing wrong with disagreements. If negativity is the only thing that motivates people, then there is nothing that can be done for that individual.

Some people just want to bring attention to themselves, and feel like they have nothing to answer for anything.

It happens here plenty of times.

Your embarrassing yourself 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.