NFL Week 6 - Bills victorious!!!! Over Chiefs - post game thread

BuffaloBill

55 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Every once in awhile something catches my eye during a game that makes me laugh.  I'm not "football rules professional", but this fan must know something I don't.

As I recall, we were on our 8 or 9 yd line and committed a penalty.  This KC Fan wanted the refs to award a safety.

Am I missing something or is this guy thinking farrrr outside the box?

kc reduced size.jpg

You sure that wasn't the play where Josh scrambled for one yard loss and even the Chiefs players were signaling a safety? Like, the play before the next 5 where the Bills gained 99 yards in one minute.

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Dolphins fans are already in their delusion thinking Tua is the best QB in the NFL because "Mahomes cant beat the Bills but Tua can." Lol

Yeah those 213 yards of offense against a team with their whole starting secondary was out was brilliant

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Those things have happened, perhaps not really our B game, just some underestimating the opponents D. Personally I think play calling could be blamed more than execution on some of those drives. 
End of the day the team pulled out a W, showing they have learned from past mistakes, not perfect but good enough for the W. 

One thing I appreciated as a sign of growth from Josh, and from the Bills team and coaches:  I feel that two years ago, and even last year at times, when we got down to a good team or through multiple miscues and mistakes, Josh would start pressing and the team would get a bit frenzied in their play.

This time I felt it remained Stone Cold Killer time - focused, on to the next play, trusting in each other, determined to go for the other team's throat on every play.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

You sure that wasn't the play where Josh scrambled for one yard loss and even the Chiefs players were signaling a safety? Like, the play before the next 5 where the Bills gained 99 yards in one minute.

It was a few plays before that...we were out further from the goal line.  I'll try and find  clip.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Dolphins fans are already in their delusion thinking Tua is the best QB in the NFL because "Mahomes cant beat the Bills but Tua can." Lol

Let's be honest, Tua doesn't remember beating Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The move Josh put on Sneed prior to the hurdle was Barry Sanders like

I literally thought Sneed might have torn his ACL the way Allen buckled his knees with that juke...

Then watching Sneed get up like a dazed fighter after being knocked down and stumble after Allen was hilarious as he hurdled the dude...

I can't stop watching it...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Their defense up until this season has been top 10 in points allowed though pretty consistently…idk why people treat yards like it is the end all be all.  As far as helping out your qb goes,  points allowed is the definitive stat 

I don’t think I really completely trust DVOA over points allowed in this case…we all saw what happened to buffalos defense when we played great teams last year. Doesn’t seem like they account for quality of opponents enough 

Id take spagnuolo/the kc defense in a big game over the pre von miller bills defense every single time 

They were 8th in points allowed per game last season and 10th the season before and 7th the season before that.  The only time his defense was bad was the year they won the superbowl ironically. 

’he hasn’t had a defense to back him up’ is really just pro mahomes propaganda 🤣

DVOA is adjusting for schedule strength. Traditional points allowed stats - besides being often misleading (ie special teams or defensive scores; turnovers that set up short fields etc) - means very little in terms of predictive value. If KC played a schedule consisting of Bills, Ravens, Eagles, Chargers, Dolphins, Bengals, you'd expect their defense to perform far worse than if they played a schedule consisting of Panthers, Colts, Bears, Commanders, Texans, Steelers. 

DVOA helps iron all this out. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

This reminds me when Shaq and Jordan Phillips were making fun of Zeke Elliott and his feed me hand gesture.

Agree, I thought the same thing.  I loved when they did that.  Having personality on the football team is important and as great of a signing Von Miller is, I think getting Phillips back is underated.  Lawson too for that matter.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I don't agree with Sal C when he says that fumble was Josh's fault. If that play was an option, McKenzie's job is to be looking for the pitch, isn't it?? 

Tough to say.  Could be a timing thing.  Its possible Josh tossed it early and McK wasnt ready.  Nobody knows this stuff but the Bills.

• Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, beebe said:

DVOA is adjusting for schedule strength. Traditional points allowed stats - besides being often misleading (ie special teams or defensive scores; turnovers that set up short fields etc) - means very little in terms of predictive value. If KC played a schedule consisting of Bills, Ravens, Eagles, Chargers, Dolphins, Bengals, you'd expect their defense to perform far worse than if they played a schedule consisting of Panthers, Colts, Bears, Commanders, Texans, Steelers. 

DVOA helps iron all this out. 

I know it tries to but I don’t think it’s doing a good enough job personally when quantifying last season just as an example.  Our scheme just didn’t hold up against certain styles of offenses so the fact that we were absolutely stifling bad teams really meant nothing in relation to our performance against good ones.  

DVOA is maybe useful in speculating on defensive performances in future games but we’re talking about how much help a qb got from his defensive side in games that have already happened so I think PA is a better metric to use in that case.  But that’s just my opinion obviously lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Those things have happened, perhaps not really our B game, just some underestimating the opponents D. Personally I think play calling could be blamed more than execution on some of those drives. 
End of the day the team pulled out a W, showing they have learned from past mistakes, not perfect but good enough for the W. 

McKenzie was a big part of the game plan and just was not on the same page as Allen.

The option shovel pass is not incredibly new trickery, but McKenzie has to be upfield more and ready for it. He was neither, and that set the wrong tone.

Allan was playing a bit hyped early too, but settled down.

Also think that Allen has not seen a lot of blitz packages for a while with so many teams playing us with cover 2.

Took a while to adjust and the pressure was throwing off the timing.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone see  @Zerovoltz?

Maybe he hiding after betting 80K on Chiefs? :devil:

Update: I did a search and he was gracious in defeat:

Welp....that played out about like I said it would.  Congratulations!  ....rest of season will be about seeing if Bills can secure that 1 seed.  Hopefully we will see you again in Buffalo in the playoffs!  

All in all...another enjoyable game between KC and the Bills.  Disappointed Mahomes couldn't bring it home at the end.  

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/profile/27352-zerovoltz/

Edited by Limeaid
Added earlier post KC posted
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.