All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

53 minutes ago, mrags said:

Let’s hope ODB wants to prove it to everyone and really gets himself ready for a late playoff push then. 

but I’d imagine it’ll be at least this year and next for a contract. With pretty high guarantees. 

Sounds like the demand isn’t there so he’s either going to get less than he was aiming for or nothing 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I think it’ll be the opposite for him. I think he believes he needs a multi year deal and also deserves one. Because that’s how narcissistic idiots think. 

I imagine he is looking out for himself as he should. It is a business after all. Last year he tore his ACL in the Super Bowl screwing his chance for a new contract this season. If he comes back this season, he is coming back early and has a higher chance of Re aggregating the injury. However, if he waits until the offseason, he will DEFINITELY get a multi year deal. 

It seems to me, if a team is wanting to get him for a bit of a discount, while also increasing their odds for a Super Bowl win this season, then they have to show good faith and give him more than 1 year, otherwise I don’t see it as worth it for in (in the off chance he doesn’t get a new injury, and plays at a similar level as last years post season, then he would really cash in. But that route is full of risk and little guarantees). 

Almost any condition can be adjusted for in a contract (study hrs., knee). There was no reason to blast the dude in public like Jerry did unless it is for negotiation (OBJ wants Dallas bigtime) or pure Dallas ego (Jerry saving face). Odell made it clear to these teams he wasn't "working out on visit". They all know what that means and they all have deep experience with injuries and contracts.

Edited by Since1981

Just now, TheBeaneBandit said:

Although both coming through is not a gimmie, but they could just give us enough of a boost to get this thing done.

Maybe we can wish for raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...

brown paper packages tied up with strings...

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

So essentially you get the guy for the playoffs.  If he can be signed studying the playbook at the very least limited reps in practice before then fine.  Otherwise you get a whole lot of nothing.   

Basically I think you are looking at a 2 year deal where he can be available in the playoffs to at the very least draw some coverage off of Diggs in some formations but also add to the WR group more extensively in 2023. Jmo

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah, he said that on Kyle Brandt's Basement when he Kyle straight up asked Josh.  I mean what's Josh going to say?  No thanks, the guy's a bum?  LOL

If Dallas has pulled themselves out, that's telling me he isn't going to be playing this year.  I don't know why we're not out then too.  What's there to discuss then?

Edited by Billz4ever

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.