All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I use a tablespoon, black beans are good but I prefer red kidney beans and garbanzo mixed in together myself.

Ooh, you free thinker you.  But I saw with "1 tbsp ancho chilli powder, 1/2 cup of chilli powder" you were a serious dude.

Have to try kidney and garbanzo mixed myself.  What's your feeling on Pinto?

Fun trivia fact.  I moved away from using kidney beans as a working stiff, because I cooked a lot of my dried beans in a slow cooker all day while I worked.

Easy peasy, soak a bag o' beans overnight, rinse and toss it in the slow cooker in the morning, beans cooked when I get home.  Use some for dinner, portion the rest up and freeze.  As long as the freezer has space, cheaper and easier on the digestive tract than canned.

Kidney beans are one type of dried bean it's not safe to cook in a slow cooker.  They have toxic levels of Phytohaemagglutinin - all beans have some, but kidney beans have toxic levels.  The slow cooker doesn't get hot enough to inactivate it.  Needs to boil.

Canned, of course, are perfectly safe.

These days I use an instant pot on those dried beans, but we have more $ so I use more canned beans as well.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Just an off the cuff comment to get things going.  I always use black beans and kidney beans together.   Because I am a brute, I tend not to measure the spices, just throw them in until it tastes right.

I am OCD on the flavor profile of my chilli so i have to, but seriously try the ancho chilli powder it turns the heat into a smoky hybrid flavor. You can also sub one jalapeño for two habrenero peppers, that has it's own special zing to it. Brown sugar at the end is key.

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ooh, you free thinker you.  But I saw with "1 tbsp ancho chilli powder, 1/2 cup of chilli powder" you were a serious dude.

Have to try kidney and garbanzo mixed myself.  What's your feeling on Pinto?

Fun trivia fact.  I moved away from using kidney beans as a working stiff, because I cooked a lot of my dried beans in a slow cooker all day while I worked.

Easy peasy, soak a bag o' beans overnight, rinse and toss it in the slow cooker in the morning, beans cooked when I get home.  Use some for dinner, portion the rest up and freeze.  As long as the freezer has space, cheaper and easier on the digestive tract than canned.

Kidney beans are one type of dried bean it's not safe to cook in a slow cooker.  They have toxic levels of Phytohaemagglutinin - all beans have some, but kidney beans have toxic levels.  The slow cooker doesn't get hot enough to inactivate it.  Needs to boil.

Canned, of course, are perfectly safe.

These days I use an instant pot on those dried beans, but we have more $ so I use more canned beans as well.

Thank you for letting me know about the Phytohaemagglutinin, I had no idea and I believe most people do not. I dabble with using fresh ingredients all the time and was going to use fresh kidney beans eventually and not knowing that could have been very bad.

Pinto beans I use when no garbanzo beans are available. They are very good, very hearty like garbanzo. Do not use them with garbanzo, as they do not compliment each other.

Try the corn though, seriously the sweetness compliments the spice.

8 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I am OCD on the flavor profile of my chilli so i have to, but seriously try the ancho chilli powder it turns the heat into a smoky hybrid flavor. You can also sub one jalapeño for two habrenero peppers, that has it's own special zing to it. Brown sugar at the end is key.

That sounds incredible.  Always been pretty straightforward on mine.  Prefer vegetarian.   Definitely going to give your recommendations a shot though.  Never thought of the brown sugar, great idea.  Thank you brother!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Two habaneros will be considerably hotter than one jalapeno, IMO.  I enjoy hot, so I'd be fine with a couple habaneros.  

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Two habaneros will be considerably hotter than one jalapeno, IMO.  I enjoy hot, so I'd be fine with a couple habaneros.  

Eh I find them not as hot, more flavourful because they have more mass. All personal preference.

I cannot make my chilli using the peppers as my wife gets the squirts when I use them, so only on special occasions like when I am cooking for other people i.e. work functions, etc.

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

WAY longer than this.

I think it was the thread started by that strange dude who frequented high level business meetings and had Insider knowledge about a real estate transaction west of Letchworth State Park that had something to do with the new Bills stadium? 

2 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I think it was the thread started by that strange dude who frequented high level business meetings and had Insider knowledge about a real estate transaction west of Letchworth State Park that had something to do with the new Bills stadium? 

DunkirkDon. Likely drove a nice BMW too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Eh I find them not as hot, more flavourful because they have more mass. All personal preference.

I cannot make my chilli using the peppers as my wife gets the squirts when I use them, so only on special occasions like when I am cooking for other people i.e. work functions, etc.

I goofed BADLY last year whilst making chili for the TBD tailgate.

@Beerballsent me a couple Carolina Reaper peppers.  I froze them/saved them for making chili.  When it came time to make the chili, for some reason I had myself convinced that they were habaneros.

I made two small batches of chili ... one mild; one hot.  I sliced/added both of the peppers to the hot batch.

Literally inedible.  And again ... I enjoy very hot stuff.  I did bring it to the tailgate, but once I heated it up and took a spoonful, I realized that I couldn't serve it to others.  Into the garbage it went.  For over a year, I wondered what made those "habaneros" so hot.  Then, at the Steelers/Bills game earlier this season, Beerball reminded me that they were Carolina Reapers.  That's when it finally clicked.

11 hours ago, SCBills said:

Sounds like people knew that knee was yolked up after surgery and was quote “a ticking time bomb” last year.  

I can’t even imagine playing on that and knowing your knee could very well go at any moment. 

He showed enough, imo, to warrant my interest if I’m Buffalo as him being my WR2 for a year or two, and if he can help in the playoffs this year… even better. 

It sounds like his knee is in a much better place (surgery/recovery) than last year.  

I do get the trepidation though.  I’m certainly not thinking we’re going north of 10-15M per year.  I’m under the assumption the gamble is to get an elite WR2 at a bargain.  

And while OBJ is coming off as a diva, it does seem like he wants to play this year.  And he wants to do it with a contender.  Looks like OBJ might be willing to package a bargainish 2023 along with the remainder of the 2022 season.  And as you mentioned above having OBJ on board would give Beane flexibility with regards to offers with G Davis.

This 2023 add-on may have been the move to outmaneuver Jerry Jones!!

With Von gone the team philosophy may need to get back to all out O, for large portions of the game.  Blow teams out.  OBJ could help in that regard.  And other teams would have very little tape giving DC's nightmares.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.