All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

I’m not sure Buffalo was ever truly in the running for him. It’s been mentioned many times Von is probably just helping his buddy build value and I tend to agree. If he was signing for a half season 700k salary or something I think Beane would have already snagged him to get him in the building with Buffalos medical team rehabbing him. 

29 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

OBJ wants a long term deal which is huge money, he's not doing the prove it deal. I don't see how Beane can make this happen, unless he is willing to let a whole bunch of defensive players walk next offseason...

Fwiw, he should.  

It’s a gamble, but if it hits… 

Forget just this year.. Diggs-OBJ-Davis with Shakir going into next year is about as good as it gets. 

We haven’t done this type of roster maneuvering since becoming a contender, but take Oliver’s money to help offset some of an OBJ contract and trade him for a 2nd or 3rd.  We can easily find a good 1T with that pick to go with Jones and Settle. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Fwiw, he should.  

It’s a gamble, but if it hits… 

Forget just this year.. Diggs-OBJ-Davis with Shakir going into next year is about as good as it gets. 

We haven’t done this type of roster maneuvering since becoming a contender, but take Oliver’s money to help offset some of an OBJ contract and trade him for a 2nd or 3rd.  We can easily find a good 1T with that pick to go with Jones and Settle. 

I now believe that a lot of the decisions on this will be made over the next 2-3 games. If the window is still open to be “all-in” then OBJ will be a Bill. If we drop a game or two, then all that is off the table for this year.

You can mortgage some of the future with such a signing only if it reaps the reward of a Super Bowl. If it doesn’t work out, you will not have a second chance without a rebuild of sorts. This is the risk teams like the Rams took. You can see that it got them a ring, and now this. Maybe the Rams were extreme because they did it with multiple players. But, the same risk/reward applies to the Bills plans right now.

So far, Beane hasn’t been willing to mortgage the future. Will he now?

3 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

I now believe that a lot of the decisions on this will be made over the next 2-3 games. If the window is still open to be “all-in” then OBJ will be a Bill. If we drop a game or two, then all that is off the table for this year.

You can mortgage some of the future with such a signing only if it reaps the reward of a Super Bowl. If it doesn’t work out, you will not have a second chance without a rebuild of sorts. This is the risk teams like the Rams took. You can see that it got them a ring, and now this. Maybe the Rams were extreme because they did it with multiple players. But, the same risk/reward applies to the Bills plans right now.

I think we are probably already at that stage of choosing "all in" or not, and I think we should be "all in".

And I would DEFINITELY handicap us a bit, going forward, in exchange for OBJ now.

We're never going to have Josh as our QB AND this much supporting cast on this team again, b/c we won't be able to afford it.  Strike the iron while it is hot!

iron-is-hot.jpg

1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

But we don’t even need to mortgage the future .. we just need to be more savvy with our moves. 

KC traded Hill and remained a contender. 

Pats moved off guys all the time during the Brady era. 

Letting Poyer walk and trading Oliver for a pick that we can use to draft a Top 100 player is how we can sign OBJ to a multi-year contract.   

If we have 4 Top 100 picks and no drastic need for a skill position .. go, in any order.. DT, S, OL, OL. 

These are the types of creative moves I do believe we’ll start seeing in the future.  Or maybe… I hope to. 

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I think we are probably already at that stage of choosing "all in" or not, and I think we should be "all in".

And I would DEFINITELY handicap us a bit, going forward, in exchange for OBJ now.

We're never going to have Josh as our QB AND this much supporting cast on this team again, b/c we won't be able to afford it.  Strike the iron while it is hot!

iron-is-hot.jpg

I totally agree with you on this. But, if we continue to play sloppy, uninspired football over the next couple or few games like we did midseason last year, then I figure it’s a waste. Just let the current team play it out and see if we can overcome :13 on their own.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

But we don’t even need to mortgage the future .. we just need to be more savvy with our moves. 

KC traded Hill and remained a contender. 

Pats moved off guys all the time during the Brady era. 

Letting Poyer walk and trading Oliver for a pick that we can use to draft a Top 100 player is how we can sign OBJ to a multi-year contract.   

If we have 4 Top 100 picks and no drastic need for a skill position .. go, in any order.. DT, S, OL, OL. 

These are the types of creative moves I do believe we’ll start seeing in the future.  Or maybe… I hope to. 

I agree with you as well. However that is this next offseason. The OBJ question is this season. Do you take that plunge with an underperforming team?

Lets hope they stop underperforming today.

Just now, clayboy54 said:

I agree with you as well. However that is this next offseason. The OBJ question is this season. Do you take that plunge with an underperforming team?

Lets hope they stop underperforming today.

Oh, this year … absolutely.  

Injuries have been killing this team.  

Healthy, they are loaded and OBJ provides exactly what they’ve been missing on Offense thus far. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

At this point I wouldn’t mind using Oliver money to snag OBJ if that’s what would do it. Now’s the time to go all in. We could draft another DL in the mid rounds and get the same amount of production we’ve seen from Ed. Unless these coaches really feel he’s about to break out but it’s year 4, we’ve heard the same thing about Edmunds but at least Edmunds has stepped up a little this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.