All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

35 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Here's the big question if we do end up signing OBJ, who gets released for him?

I'll go for somewhat of a surprise and say McKenzie, not because I personally think he's a waste of roster space, but because we now have another viable return option in Hines and OBJ would have to take the lion share of the WR3/slot snaps and that's where I think you have to make a tough decision especially because you aren't going to release or sit a guy like Shakir.

He's our starting slot receiver.  I'd say there's about a zero percent chance of McKenzie being released for OBJ.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'll go for somewhat of a surprise and say McKenzie, not because I personally think he's a waste of roster space, but because we now have another viable return option in Hines and OBJ would have to take the lion share of the WR3/slot snaps and that's where I think you have to make a tough decision especially because you aren't going to release or sit a guy like Shakir.

OBJ is coming to Buffalo to be a slot receiver?

I wonder if he knows that.

41 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Crowder.  Chances are he doesn't come back this year, at all.  

Diggs

Davis

OBJ

McKenzie

Shakir

Kumerow

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

1 hour ago, Lost said:

Taiwan Jones

Taiwan Jones is core special teams player. I really doubt he's the one that gets cut.

I'd bet OL Justin Murray, TE Tommy Sweeney, or DB Cam Lewis are all more likely than Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's some time away as to who gets cut to make room for him.  Currently the Bills only have 5 WRs on the 53.

None IMO would be cut to add him.  If things remained the same, I would guess one of the 11 DBs would go.

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

Taiwan Jones is core special teams player. I really doubt he's the one that gets cut.

I'd bet OL Justin Murray, TE Tommy Sweeney, or DB Cam Lewis are all more likely than Jones.

Without a doubt. It's not "the big question" that it was suggested to be. Lol

2 hours ago, chongli said:

Not sure if this has already been posted:

I think the only way the Giants thing works is if it is a multi-year deal that is higher than his current market value (which I assume is low right now) 

I don’t see a world where Buffalo does anything but a cheap contract for 2022 with a slight chance to stick around one more year for 2023 to make a run at one last huge payday. Maybe something with a “decent bonus” knowing he might not be able to really contribute in 2022 in exchange for a full year in 2023? Just spit balling on how I could see a (unlikely) 2 year deal from Buffalo. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

OBJ is coming to Buffalo to be a slot receiver?

I wonder if he knows that.

Odell has spent a lot of time in the slot in his career 

he’s a 5’11 YAC guy…. He’s built more for the slot than the outside and it gives him more space on the field 

Eli used to feed him over the middle from the slot 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Odell has spent a lot of time in the slot in his career 

he’s a 5’11 YAC guy…. He’s built more for the slot than the outside and it gives him more space on the field 

Eli used to feed him over the middle from the slot 

I wouldn't get caught up in labels with OBJ.

If he comes here, he's coming here to get a ring, and he knows how to get open and catch balls.

It doesn't have to be more complicated than that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I wouldn't get caught up in labels with OBJ.

If he comes here, he's coming here to get a ring, and he knows how to get open and catch balls.

It doesn't have to be more complicated than that.

I’m just saying objectively, he has played a lot in the slot … and we have 2 boundary WRs 

somebody said why would he come here to be a slot guy … but he’s been that guy before … I don’t think he’d care

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He isn't going to want to be double teamed while Daniel Jones throws him the ball 5 times a game...

Favorites:  KC, BUF

Realistic: LAR, LAC, BAL, GB, TB
Darkhorses: SF, MIN, CIN

If he's looking for the biggest pay day and don't care about competing for another championship (this year) then the Giants would be a viable option.

But then again as crazy as the NFL is every year whose to say the Giants can't be a legit championship contender right now.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

If he's looking for the biggest pay day and don't care about competing for another championship (this year) then the Giants would be a viable option.

But then again as crazy as the NFL is every year whose to say the Giants can't be a legit championship contender right now.

I thought Schoen was trying to get the Giants out of cap hell that Gettleman put them in.

Just now, Greg S said:

I thought Schoen was trying to get the Giants out of cap hell that Gettleman put them in.

This Giants team is far ahead of schedule and not the equivalent of the 2017 Bills in terms of being a mediorce team that got lucky in week 17 to get into the playoffs IMO. And if you remember Beane made what in hindsight was an uncharacteristic move trading a 3rd rounder for Kelvin Benjamin so Schoen would be making a similar play throwing money OBD's way if that happens to make a run this year.

Probably still just a WC team at best unless the Eagles peak too soon, but it goes to show how important coaching really is to unluck a rosters potential sometimes. That and having a talent like Barkley healthy has mattered a lot this year on a team everyone expected to be in mix for the #1 overall pick next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.