Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Did you look that up or guesstimate by eye?  Very impressed if the latter....Oliver played 33% of the snaps.  Phillips 28%

I hope Ed being listed as practicing in "Full" this week is a sign of better things to come vs. KC

I was disappointed by the pass rush vs. the Steelers, and I hope it was because we were up by 3 scores midway through the 2nd Q and it looked like the only team stopping the Bills was the Bills.

I thought Pittsburgh was dialing quick passes.  Not much time for a pass rush.  The ball was out quick most of the night iirc

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Give us their weather and I'd bet we'd be averaging at least a tuddy more per game.

I used to worry that this affected our FA offense attraction. Stats matter to these FA or contract yr guys. Is it true now?

not that he cares but I mean Josh would rank EVEN higher. 

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Can the Bills revamped D line get to Mahomes.  That's it.  That's why we brought in who we've brought in up front.  From the double dip DE draft in 21, to all new DTs sans Oliver, and now Von.  

That to me is where this game will be decided.  We'll score.  But if Mahomes has time I'm a bit worried about the secondary - no there isn't Hill to be concerned about - but they can dink and dunk their way and it showed Monday vs a team with a good pass rush.  

They had 29 first downs against the Raiders.  Mahomes threw it 43 times and still didn't get to 300 yards.  Their 2 longest completions were a 36 and 23 yard catch and run.  That's it.

The Raiders game turned when the Chiefs figured out they couldn't hold up against Crosby - Mahomes had to get rid of it quicker - and timely runs with success - McKinnon is so f..ing annoying.   

It's a simple game.  Take away their strength - give them nothing underneath make them take deep shots to MVS and Hardman there is zero reason to be on our heels and tepid because Hill isn’t there to run by you anymore - and if they do beat you deep so what then we get the ball back quicker.  

The Chiefs don’t really throw the ball downfield anymore.  They are a dink and dunk team that’s going to try to put together 15-play drives.  The problem is that Mahomes is really good at that sort of football and it’s almost impossible to sack him when he’s just looking to get it out quickly in the short passing game. That could change of course if the Bills get out to a big lead, but I don’t think they will give the Bills’ pass rush time to get home very often.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Chiefs don’t really throw the ball downfield anymore.  They are a dink and dunk team that’s going to try to put together 15-play drives.  The problem is that Mahomes is really good at that sort of football and it’s almost impossible to sack him when he’s just looking to get it out quickly in the short passing game. That could change of course if the Bills get out to a big lead, but I don’t think they will give the Bills’ pass rush time to get home very often.

This game is the reason we got Von. Be it Miller or someone else we need to get after Mahomes with a 4 man rush. Make him uncomfortable. If necessary sweep the leg like Sensi Kreese says :)

keep seeing a lot about how banged up the chiefs secondary is

mcduffie maybe ready to play this weekend despite being on IR since week 1 with a hamstring. 

L-CB fenton is banged up w a hamstring and not practicing daily (cb's with a hammy hurt are no beuno)

fenton's backup CB Lammons has an injured hip and not practicing fully

backup safety cook has a concussion

Frank Clark is hurting 

this after their depth DE Wharton tore his ACL

Their defense is banged up getting ready to face a warp speed offense that wears teams down.... it'll be interesting.

on offense RG Trey Smith is hurting - and it's a strong OL so i'm curious what we can do on @ DL

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

keep seeing a lot about how banged up the chiefs secondary is

mcduffie maybe ready to play this weekend despite being on IR since week 1 with a hamstring. 

L-CB fenton is banged up w a hamstring and not practicing daily (cb's with a hammy hurt are no beuno)

fenton's backup CB Lammons has an injured hip and not practicing fully

backup safety cook has a concussion

Frank Clark is hurting 

this after their depth DE Wharton tore his ACL

Their defense is banged up getting ready to face a warp speed offense that wears teams down.... it'll be interesting.

on offense RG Trey Smith is hurting - and it's a strong OL so i'm curious what we can do on @ DL

And Willie Gay is on the last week of his suspension.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jistafan said:

Kelce is Maholmes best weapon. Curious how Frazier slows him down?

The Raiders didn't even cover him on 3 of 4 TD's.  I don't know why it's so hard to have someone just jam him at the line for a second to derail the route....

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

he did just fine the last few years

Doesn't Kelce have like 5 TD's in the last 2-3 games against us? 

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The Raiders didn't even cover him on 3 of 4 TD's.  I don't know why it's so hard to have someone just jam him at the line for a second to derail the route....

Doesn't Kelce have like 5 TD's in the last 2-3 games against us? 

6 TD's in 4 games. but so? Mahomes is going to score and Kelce is going to be the one scoring.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.