Panthers fire HC Matt Rhule

Draconator

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

If the season ended today, the Panthers would have the top pick.

The smart move would be to keep Rhule on and assure the #1 pick.

They team needs a QB and this seems like the draft to do it. Question is can Scott Fitterer pick the right one?

Exactly. Do they really think that Steve Wilks, of all people, is going to be an improvement? Rhule is not a good NFL coach, but their problems go much deeper than coaching.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I find it interesting that both McD and Beane were on that staff and not recognized as targets that org could promote.

Talk about letting talent walk out the door....

Although it did seem like they still held close ties to that FO for all the personnel exchanges they have cooked up since.

Does not really hold a candle to ol' Ralphy giving Polian and Butler the boot.

Ushered in the darkest years of being a Bills fan - at least for me.

Polian and Butler went out and ended up resurrecting the Colts and Chargers' franchises.

Glad the good lord saw fit to keep me around long enough to see the worm turn and JA 17 suit up for our team.

Feels good.

If the Browns or Jets take Allen, not sure how the story of McD and Beane would have been written. Beane has made countless good moves. McD has improved as a HC. Maybe they make a move for a veteran QB, maybe if Allen was gone Beane stays put and take Lamar. No one will ever know except a tiny few. 

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If NFL teams are smart they'll never hire a college coach again especially after the Urban Meyer fiasco last year.

Extremes are never the right answer. Carrol won a SB after coming from the college ranks. 

6 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

Extremes are never the right answer. Carrol won a SB after coming from the college ranks. 

Carroll had 2 prior NFL HC jobs before coming back from college.  

If the guy has no NFL experience either as a player, assistant coach, or head coach, I'd stay away from him.  But if he has an NFL background I have no problem bringing in a college coach.    

Edited by Albany,n.y.

21 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I never understood the coaches that could be very comfortable doing well at mid level schools but risk it all for an NFL job.

Risk it all?  He will be owed $40 million for the remainder of his contract, and can take his time finding a college program to settle back into.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.