Steelers @ Bills Postgame Thread

Simon

16 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I was out at a bar and didn’t get a good look at the replay…was the blocked FG a miss hit by Bass?

Yes, as others have said it was blocked, but it was a terrible kick.  I don't think the penetration was significant & it was blocked about 6' off the ground & seemingly no end over end action, which I think you would have by then.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

As noted somewhere else, there is literally one QB2, and that person plays for the 9ers as their first.  This teams lives and dies with JA17, and I can't think of another team who has the benefit of would-be-awesome QB2.  I can't even include NE, because the Lions are pretty much hapless.

How about Dallas?  They have a decent qb2 in Cooper Kupp.

59 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Truth.

It always seems to come down to KC - we have to take that win and flip the script to start forcing these guys to play in our back yard.

We end up in Arrowhead far too often of late :)

That amazes me.  We should be playing KC in OP this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

It is a bit funny when folks start throwing up QB stats and as a Bills fan you cannot help but think of how many games already this year Allen has the game wrapped up by the 3rd Qtr.

He could pad his stats insanely especially when defenses are running for the bus if he and the coaching staff felt that was important.

I'd like to know how many minutes he hasn't not played in the first five games....   and he still leads the NFL in passing yards. I would bet by a good margin. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, gordong said:

I'd like to know how many minutes he hasn't not played in the first five games....   and he still leads the NFL in passing yards. I would bet by a good margin. 

Roughly about 34.5 minutes.  He played 57 seconds into the 4th quarter today and he was pulled after his TD in the 3rd quarter against the Titans which was a little over 5 and a half minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

need Poyer and Edmunds, that's what I'll be watching for

And Knox.  I hope that is why they were held out of this game.  If we get those three back we should beat KC.  Also  KC will be on a short week.

6 hours ago, EffKCChiefs said:

Tell me about it....I'll be there in the flesh. 

Nice.  Enjoy.

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

Just listened to Cover One recap of the game. One thing jumped out to me. They said Bills had 4 TD drives consisting of a total of 8 plays going 270 yds, using just 2:44 of time. That is just insane. 

All I can do is smile after thinking of all the years of inept Bills offense I have watched. We are really watching something special. 

Josh was bombs away today. Didn’t even matter the coverage. 

30 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Wow, the days of the occassional overthrow on deep passes seem to be over.  

He's been putting some more arc under his deep throws whereas before he seemed to be trying to fire it downfield as hard as he could throw it. He finally learned to trust his receivers to make a play on the pass, and Davis' one handed catch showed Josh's trust

Ended up watching this game at The Red Garter in Florence, Italy w a few groups of Bills fans!  Was so much fun, not sure that bar knew what hit ‘em 🤣

Sounds / looks like the tailgate was fun, and the weather looked beautiful!  Must have been a beautiful day in lovely Orchard Park, NY! 🙏🙌

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.