Steelers @ Bills Postgame Thread

Simon

2 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I felt like he was one of the best WRs coming out of the 2022 group. He's been hyped since high school but he was inconsistent at Georgia and dealt with injuries. There was also speculation on his attitude and coachability but if he puts it all together I think he's gonna be a good one. Aside from the INT, dude was eatin' Elam's lunch all day. 

I misspelled The name Pickett (QB) it was he I meant when I spoke about potential. Both are key to that team moving forward.

Heck Pickens? That guy is a WR Beast already. I would say he has lay claim to being LEGIT already this season. Impressive WR

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Made the trip up for todays game and it was absolutely incredible. While I used to go all the time, this was my first game in attendance in a few years and the fellas didn’t disappoint. I about came out of my sneakers in excitement on that 98 yard TD to Gabe. Felt like I was levitating. Josh is such an amazing talent, and I’m so thankful every day he’s a Bill. Wouldn’t trade him for anyone. Let’s keep it going next week!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

People should remember that whenever the Steelers play the Ravens and have to chase Lamar.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

You know this, but bears reminding about Picketts fake slide last year.  Hamlin knew not to let up and his hit landed on the shoulder pad, albeit a split second late. 

These are snap decisions players make, neither was "Bush league", just hustle to the end of the play.  Again, you know Damar and Kenny played together at Pitt, Damar isn't that type of guy/player either.  Also never seen Shaq try to cheap shot/injure a player. 

Picketts reaction is also fine, if he feels that way.  Big deal about nothing though, IMO.

Don’t get me wrong. i don’t think either hit was illegal. I just know I would be livid if Josh took those same hits today with no flag, especially the Shaq one. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, muppy said:

anything less than 100% perfection from #17 is unacceptable!

@-@ I mean seriously.

In the postgame a reporter me the 324 yd 4TD 1st half to Allen, and asked how does it feel to be that dominant.  Josh responded that he felt like he missed a few throws and was ticked off.

So he agrees w you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Phillips is fine, he returned to the game and was on the sidelines (no treatment/etc) for the entire game.

Yep. Phillips jogged off the field to the sidelines. Never went into the tent, never received any specific treatment on the sidelines. He was back in the game later, looked pretty good.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Don’t get me wrong. i don’t think either hit was illegal. I just know I would be livid if Josh took those same hits today with no flag, especially the Shaq one. 

Fair enough, in the moment sure, but after the game I'm not sure why this is a big deal.  

Steelers should be focusing more on what to do with their Offensive coordinator.  They have a much bigger problem there to figure out.  That offense has legit talent at their skill positions, and good enough QB play, Matt Canada should be immediately fired...way underachieving.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Fair enough, in the moment sure, but after the game I'm not sure why this is a big deal.  

Steelers should be focusing more on what to do with their Offensive coordinator.  They have a much bigger problem there to figure out.  That offense has legit talent at their skill positions, and good enough QB play, Matt Canada should be immediately fired...way underachieving.

Agreed, esp on Canada. I was telling my Steelers buddies that Canada even held back Ben R. I think he actually had more juice in his arm left than people gave him credit for, but Canada’s 3-yard offensive scheme killed him. He is going to kill Pickett too. 

Oh, and Najee Harris is not good.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

So this is what I learned about the bills this year. Put them in a game with neutral weather and they will score 30+ points and the defense will dominate. Put them in a whacky weather game and it will be a close battle and come down to the wire. How’s the weather in KC looking? 

It was windy.  The Bills were going into it in the 1st and 3rd quarters.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

So, you think that a flag should be thrown for hits that weren't illegal?

38 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Kelly and co. routinely had the game decided by halftime, but yes, a great time for us to be revisiting!

It is a bit funny when folks start throwing up QB stats and as a Bills fan you cannot help but think of how many games already this year Allen has the game wrapped up by the 3rd Qtr.

He could pad his stats insanely especially when defenses are running for the bus if he and the coaching staff felt that was important.

24 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We will get our challenge next week.

Truth.

It always seems to come down to KC - we have to take that win and flip the script to start forcing these guys to play in our back yard.

We end up in Arrowhead far too often of late :)

Just listened to Cover One recap of the game. One thing jumped out to me. They said Bills had 4 TD drives consisting of a total of 8 plays going 270 yds, using just 2:44 of time. That is just insane. 

All I can do is smile after thinking of all the years of inept Bills offense I have watched. We are really watching something special. 

Edited by Andy1
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I was out at a bar and didn’t get a good look at the replay…was the blocked FG a miss hit by Bass?

It was blocked because IMHO he thought the wind would take it so he kicked it hard and low.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.