Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

A 1st for a RB ? No chance. We just spent a 2nd on one last draft.

We have a legit RB1

Motor is the new Edmunds on here, gets no respect but shows up week in n out.

Now if we can get a solid RB2 for a 5th or something, that's a different story because Moss/Cook been ineffective 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I get what you’re saying…sunk cost fallacy, etc..but my point is that you just drafted a guy high who’s expected to bring McCaffrey-like skills to the table and you’re going to cut bait before you even give him a chance?  That makes no sense, and there’s no way Beane does it, especially at RB.

Oh, I don't disagree with you there...I feel like they need to make Moss inactive, let Devin be a featured runner and let cook get those targets out of the backfield.  And just live with what ever mistakes come with the rookie early and let him learn by playing through them.  I think the biggest problem in the run game is just the fact they still don't run enough, and definitely don't give Devin enough touches.  

Devin should see 12-15 carries a game every week and Cook should be getting a handful of carries and 5-7 targets out of the backfield a game.  And I don't think they need Moss even active, especially with how they are already mixing Gilliam in.  We definitely do NOT need a 4 headed RB attack (Devin, Moss, Cook, Gilliam) to handle 8 to 10 carries a game.  

Both the RB's and OL need rhythm in the run game to be effective.  So I definitely think we need to really apply what we got before and see what we get back before we start making trades for valuable draft picks.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd be willing to trade for a guard. I'd see what Houston want for AJ Cann. 

Offensive line remains the biggest weakness on the roster.

Without a doubt. I thought for sure Beane was adding someone after cut down season, and I guess I'm still riding that same thinking. The offensive line is a problem.

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If we did that for Mcaffrey…it’d be an awesome move. He could add an element to our offense that could make us indefensible. All firsts are not equal and at this point, ours should most likely be in the 30’s. It could be the move that pushes us over the top for a Super Bowl and if that happens, none of us are going to give a ***** about the draft. That’s just the reality. All that being said: I bet no chance it actually happens 

He can’t stay healthy no way we make this move

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd be willing to trade for a guard. I'd see what Houston want for AJ Cann. 

Offensive line remains the biggest weakness on the roster.

Yeah, depending on availability and price, I'd like to see them address the OL. I doubt there'll be any big moves, but wouldn't mind seeing something.

Just now, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, depending on availability and price, I'd like to see them address the OL. I doubt there'll be any big moves, but wouldn't mind seeing something.

Exactly. I am not sure there is a big ticket option that works for their cap and the price and will be available. But if I could throw a 6th either this year or next at Houston for Cann I'd be tempted. It is that level of deal I see as possible... a proven but unspectacular NFL starter inside off a bad team for a late day 3 pick.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Exactly. I am not sure there is a big ticket option that works for their cap and the price and will be available. But if I could throw a 6th either this year or next at Houston for Cann I'd be tempted. It is that level of deal I see as possible... a proven but unspectacular NFL starter inside off a bad team for a late day 3 pick.

Don't know McCann well enough to have an opinion on him, but the type of deal you're talking about here would make me happy,

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If we did that for Mcaffrey…it’d be an awesome move. He could add an element to our offense that could make us indefensible. All firsts are not equal and at this point, ours should most likely be in the 30’s. It could be the move that pushes us over the top for a Super Bowl and if that happens, none of us are going to give a ***** about the draft. That’s just the reality. All that being said: I bet no chance it actually happens 

Are you ignoring his contract and injury history?

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Interesting. Would you put him at RG and move Bates to LG or leave Saffold there?

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see us flip the "Cody Ford" pick (a fifth, I know) for help at the deadline.  Your suggestion for interior help is a good one.  I also wonder if they look at Boettger as that type of addition come the deadline, and spend their capital elsewhere as a need may arise.  

1 hour ago, Herb Nightly said:

Are you ignoring his contract and injury history?

I’m not ignoring them. The injury thing is a big deal I understand that. The salary cap thing….I think we have seen recently that the good GMs find ways to make things work. This would admittedly be difficult to make work but I think there’s a way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.