TNF - Colts @ Broncos Game Thread

Simon

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That’s a little too much for me. We’re attacking Russell Wilson the person because he’s struggling?

I understand it all comes with being a franchise QB in the NFL but I don’t think Wilson missed Hamler because of his off field persona.

The media loves to build you up and tear you down. 

Matt Ryan is also struggling in a new offense. I don’t think the headlines would be the same if the Colts lost.

Hes not attacking him personally, he's saying what he and everyone knows. He's got away with a s*** personality off the field because he's been good... but now he stinks, and he's still smug. Can anyone think of a quicker way to lose the locker room?

8 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Hes not attacking him personally, he's saying what he and everyone knows. He's got away with a s*** personality off the field because he's been good... but now he stinks, and he's still smug. Can anyone think of a quicker way to lose the locker room?

I dislike when people pile on because everyone else is doing it. It’s a terrible look for Kyle Brandt, lost respect. He only told the story because everyone was talking bad about Wilson. 

I have heard stories that Wilson is fake in the public, who cares. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Respectfully disagree. He was incredibly indecisive and just chucked the ball many times without a specific receiver in the vicinity. He is done, finished. 

Yeah I'm not saying he was good, he was terrible, I'm saying that he played hard, at the beginning the idea of contact seemed to cause him to crumple for a sack by the end he actually seemed to be fighting through them trying to make something happen.

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

newspress-collage-24161022-1665143034623.webp

This isn’t even the worst play. The INT in the end zone I feel was worse. I really believe he thought Cortland Sutton was on the field. No QB is throwing at Gilmore vs whoever that 5th string WR was. Sutton went out of the game just before.

He sucked all game but I wonder if he was feeling that hit to the head earlier in the 4th quarter.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This isn’t even the worst play. The INT in the end zone I feel was worse. I really believe he thought Cortland Sutton was on the field. No QB is throwing at Gilmore vs whoever that 5th string WR was. Sutton went out of the game just before.

He sucked all game but I wonder if he was feeling that hit to the head earlier in the 4th quarter.

Both were bad but how does he not see the WR here. You don't even need to be an NFL QB to throw a TD pass here.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not seeing open WRs happens a lot. Lamar Jackson?

Allen bounced the ball to an open McKenzie vs Miami. Stuff happens.

True, but you, me, or anyone who posts on this board could have completed that. Broncos fans have to be absolutely pissed and frustrated.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

True, but you, me, or anyone who posts on this board could have completed that. Broncos fans have to be absolutely pissed and frustrated.

Not if we don’t see him! I made a comment during the game it almost seemed like Wilson was running a different play because they had the pick set up for Hamler.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Russ is playing extremely scared football. He is terrified to be touched. 
Even before he got hurt in that game he was panicking at any sign of contact. He missed tons of throws all night. Hackett is not good, but Russ looks like he don’t even want to be out there. I do not blame their fan base for being livid 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Again, what does it have to do with off field persona? 

Criticizing his game is one thing but I don’t understand why anyone would go after him personally.

Russ is a weird dude and he isn’t playing well and on top of that he is very highly paid. That might start to wear thin on his teammates and fans. I’ve never been a big fan of him personally, and I don’t care that he’s a weird dude, but I do think his personality is going to become an issue when he also isn’t playing well

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Did Hackett reallt not kick the FG there in OT? WTF?

He trusted his highly paid franchise QB to win the game. If I was Hackett I would have made the same call honestly 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

He trusted his highly paid franchise QB to win the game. If I was Hackett I would have made the same call honestly 

No way. Not having watched him play for 4 weeks. And certainly not to call a dropback pass. Mental. Kick the FG and go home with a tie would have been my plan. 

Brady is right too. There is parity. But it is parity of a low standard.

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Russ is a weird dude and he isn’t playing well and on top of that he is very highly paid. That might start to wear thin on his teammates and fans. I’ve never been a big fan of him personally, and I don’t care that he’s a weird dude, but I do think his personality is going to become an issue when he also isn’t playing well

Anyone who says Wilson’s personality isn’t an issue is delusional.  He’s supposed to be the team leader and the face of the franchise.  It matters a lot.  It’s the same reason the Browns are gonna be in trouble with Watson…And it’s why Josh Allen is so perfect for Buffalo.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I dislike when people pile on because everyone else is doing it. It’s a terrible look for Kyle Brandt, lost respect. He only told the story because everyone was talking bad about Wilson. 

I replied to your earlier comment too, but it’s a leadership thing. If I didn’t respect my boss because he was completely incompetent and on top of that was just spewing BS in front of the camera, I’m gonna have trouble holding it together with him. 

Russ is a weird dude. He’s been good so it hasn’t been an issue, but weird and bad is not a good combo 

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It is news when Kyle Brandt doesn't look terrible. Bloke is an ass.

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Felt like weird time to suddenly be aggressive when he was perfectly willing to kick FGs in the redzone all game before.

He remembered the last time he was in that position and got lit up for taking it out of Russ's hands. This time he said "ok, world, lets see what our Franchise QB has". Turns out he's got nothin.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What I’m trying to say is no one cares that he’s fake off the field. If he can’t play he’ll be criticized for it. 

Russell Wilson could be the greatest guy in the history of guys but if he can’t play he’ll get booed.

It’s that simple. I don’t need to hear stories about how vain he is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Anyone who says Wilson’s personality isn’t an issue is delusional.  He’s supposed to be the team leader and the face of the franchise.  It matters a lot.  It’s the same reason the Browns are gonna be in trouble with Watson…And it’s why Josh Allen is so perfect for Buffalo.

It’s why baker is tough to get along with too. Leadership isn’t just about talent.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

He remembered the last time he was in that position and got lit up for taking it out of Russ's hands. This time he said "ok, world, lets see what our Franchise QB has". Turns out he's got nothin.

But the scenarios are totally different. He should have kicked last night. No doubt.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Yep, they are stuck with Wilson.  What a disaster.  It's now been almost two whole seasons since he played well.  I think it's pretty safe to say the Broncos mortgaged their future for a bum.  They just can't get QB right...doesn't matter how many good players they draft.

Yep. They will fire Hackett (and rightly so) but unless Russ plays better it won't matter. I suspect Hackett fired after this season. Russ cut after two more. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What I’m trying to say is no one cares that he’s fake off the field. If he can’t play he’ll be criticized for it. 

Russell Wilson could be the greatest guy in the history of guys but if he can’t play he’ll get booed.

Agree to disagree then. I think it matters if people don’t respect him or thinks he’s weird. Leadership is a complicated thing

• Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s getting praised for telling a story about how Russell Wilson and Ciara had sunglasses on and didn’t come say hi to him on the red carpet. 

Come on man.

They ignore the purile man child? I'd give Russ and his wife props for that.

6 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

He was terrible last year

Among quarterbacks who started at least 10 games in 2021, Wilson ranked fifth in the league in passer rating. Outside of a slump and injury he started & ended 21 strong. NFL.com rankings had him at 11 overall.

Edited by PayDaBill$

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Absolutely, Brady is hailed as the GOAT, and thought of as a teammate who elevates everyone. He probably has nothing in common with most of his teammates. Wilson might be “weird”, but his on field play is the real issue. 

19 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

I don’t believe Wilson became this inept this quickly, I think Hackett has basically ruined him overnight.

He got his money and checked out.  Hackett is bad, but he isn't responsible for missing wide open receivers when the game is on the line.  Wilson looks terrible. He has his ring. He has his money.  He looks like a guy that wants out of the NFL.  I think the Seahawks knew this. 

Edited by Bills2022

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.