Isaiah McKenzie concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Man, dont make me rehash rumors and crap from 2 seasons ago. But McK's antics are no secret.

You seem to be the one bringing up "rumors and crap" from 2 seasons ago.

Since you did bring them up, it seems a bit lame to refuse to source or specify the "rumors and crap" you yourself bring up.

14 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Actually he is still employed by the same team and made the next player he had to do that same procedure on sign a waiver!!!! 

You mean like an informed consent form that's required for most medical procedures? I don't know how NFL teams and their training staffs handle these issues day-to-day, but in the real world those forms are routine.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Said he has never been bit that hard before and that he couldn't move.

I would be surprised to see him back this week.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-isaiah-mckenzie-couldn-t-142638972.html

He also got up and ran into the locker room and says he passed the concussion tests and balance tests but was told by Breske he was going to be held out because of not being able to move initially.  So I wouldn't bet either way.

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

He also got up and ran into the locker room and says he passed the concussion tests and balance tests but was told by Breske he was going to be held out because of not being able to move initially.  So I wouldn't bet either way.

I think with the Tua thing the NFL is being extra cautious and I think the Bills are aware of it if they and the other NFL teams haven't been notified by the NFLPA and NFL about it secretly yet.

Edited by Big Turk

He’ll play this week. Tua was different in that McKenzie never returned to the game and has a full week to go through protocol. Problem with Tua was the team lied about him never having a head injury against the Bills so he never went through full concussion protocol.

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, Airseven said:

If Tua didn't happen, he'd play this week. Now obviously he won't. And actual medical prognosis will have little bearing on the politics of the moment.

It's not often we see something so boldly stated that is so wrong.  Li'l Dirty has been going through the protocol since Monday.  It is very possible he plays this week...I'd even say probable.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Airseven said:

If Tua didn't happen, he'd play this week. Now obviously he won't. And actual medical prognosis will have little bearing on the politics of the moment.

Rick Bates played against the Ravens so this is clearly false, if McKenzie clears he'll play.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I think with the Tua thing the NFL is being extra cautious and I think the Bills are aware of it if they and the other NFL teams haven't been notified by the NFLPA and NFL about it secretly yet.

Holding a guy out who was unable to move on the field sounds like what should be standard operating procedure rather than extra caution because of Dolphins negligence.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Careful, I once pulled a hammy dancing to Pony. It can be dangerous.

I swear with some of the way these dudes get into their dances, McD should be limiting their dance moves during practices and especially in pre-game warmups...I almost thought Dion was going to tear an ACL the one week they showed him dancing on mic'd up...

I mean we cannot afford any more injuries, least of all to being injured via pre-game dancing

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.