Cowherd killing Bills coaching in his monologue

zow2

I've been watching this sport for almost 30 years, and they say this about EVERY SINGLE running quarterback at some point.

If Tom Brady throws the ball 50 times, and then hands it off 10 times...nobody talks about him accounting for OVER 80 PERCENT OF THE OFFENSE!!!  OH NO!!!!  But if Josh Allen throws the ball 40 times, hands off 10 times and runs 10 times, then he's overused.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Speaking as a fan who doesn't get to see inside the locker room, it seems to me like Allen is about as much a team leader as anybody could possibly ask for.  Can you name a QB who's more clearly the undisputed leader of his team?  I can't.  That's not to knock anybody else's leadership, just to point out that Allen's coaches and teammates seem to have nothing but respect for him, and he's been instrumental in recruiting FAs to Buffalo.  

Also, I don't think you get Team Leader Josh Allen without regular appearances by Superman Josh Allen.  Tyrod Taylor and Kyle Orton may have been the coolest, most team-oriented guys you'll ever meet (no idea) but their NFL leadership ability is limited by their ability to play high-level football.

It's just random luck.  There's nothing to rectify or figure out.  

By 'Team Leader' I really meant first amongst equals where everyone is responsible for the result and not what we have seen a few times where everyone stands around and waits for Allen to pull out a W.  He's obviously the undisputed leader of the team in the locker room, but we need more out of the other 52 on game day

• Like (+1) 2

need a physical back that can get 1 or 2 yards when nothing is there  We absolutely stink at short yardage running which outs even more pressure on the qb  The O line at best is middle of the pack and that is when fully healthy  This game was a fluke but the the coaching staff needs to finally figure out how to convert some short distance downs with the run and be able to at least keep defenses honest with the run

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Trent Dilfer would know. An average QB that won a super bowl due to a good D and coach. If Dilfer can win a super bowl, McD should be able to win with Ferrari Josh. Anything less is embarrassing. 

It won't be McD's call. Dorsey will have to aggressively convince both Sean and Brandon that this organization has to turn a corner emphasizing a better OL and RB group.  I've been lobbying for this for 3 years. As Herculean as Josh is, it's absolute crazy town to put the entire offense on his back.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Isn't that true for just about any team?

Yes but I've said all along the over the top worship for McDermott and Beane is pretty unwarranted.

Without Josh Allen it's simply a different reality right now and I suspect both would already be fired similar to regimes past.

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes but I've said all along the over the top worship for McDermott and Beane is pretty unwarranted.

Without Josh Allen it's simply a different reality right now and I suspect both would already be fired similar to regimes past.

Yeah...I mean how many coaches would have won their championships without great QBs?

Let's be real. Coaches look a lot better with great QBs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

In a nutshell,  

Bills have a defensive coach. Allen is being used like Cam in Carolina.

6 years in, No ability to run the ball unless it’s Allen.  

No ability to create offense outside of Allen.

This can’t last with Allen. He will age out overnight down the road like Cam or Big Ben.

Great knockout punch but Only the Texans are as bad as Buffalo in close games since beginning of last year.

Not a fluke, happens because QB is exhausted and gets sloppy at the end from being overused.

Cowpie's only goal is to wave a red flag in front of the bulls that listen to him...   

7 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

This doesn't make much sense to me. His size and strength are fine. Otherwise he'd never sniff the NFL.

Would have trouble beating OLinemen in a footrace. 

Oh yeah 5'7" and 15 reps is awesome lol

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/devin-singletary/

He's bottom percentile athleticism across the board. 

56 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah...I mean how many coaches would have won their championships without great QBs?

Let's be real. Coaches look a lot better with great QBs

Exactly.. why pretend that Beane/ McD didn’t draft Josh Allen and he’s not on the Bills? Most HCs and regimes would be fired if they didn’t hit on a franchise QB in the draft. 

8 hours ago, Bangarang said:

He’s at least right about is not being able to run the ball.

We’ve used two 3rd round picks and a 2nd round pick on RBs in the last 3 years and we still don’t have a guy that can consistently carry the load for 15 or so rushes a game.

Asking Allen to throw it over 60 times is not a recipe for sustained success. 

Just commit to Singletary as your lead back and treat him like one. 

Incorrect.  We have one, its Devin.  They just dont use him that way is the problem.

8 hours ago, Jukester said:

It’s funny how we were media darlings before this week. Really?!! He has absolutely no perspective on this last game. Yes it was all Allen centric because we had no other choice. Hello:

No Hyde
No Poyer
No White
No Jackson
No Phillips
No Oliver
Limited Diggs
Limited McKenzie
Limited Knox
Limited Davis
No Morse
No Brown
No Bates
No Van Roten

…and we still should’ve won. 

Someone pin this in every thread on this board.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

In a nutshell,  

This can’t last with Allen. He will age out overnight down the road like Cam or Big Ben.

Great knockout punch but Only the Texans are as bad as Buffalo in close games since beginning of last year.

Not a fluke, happens because QB is exhausted and gets sloppy at the end from being overused.

I like Cowherd but this is nonsense.  Allen is throwing the ball like Mahomes and Rodgers in his prime.   Do those teams depend too much on their QBs?  The Bills aren't running Allen a lot. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

So Beane builds what is universally recognized as the best roster in the NFL and you have an issue with him to?  

Priceless.  

I can literally name 10 posters right now that would watch us win 10 straight games by 50 points each in a row, but then lose one narrow one and then will be on the board right after the narrow loss saying they all suck and are over rated and should all be fired.  You are one of them.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

In a nutshell,  

Lame. It’s not like the game plan is for Allen to do everything. The close games are close because Allen IS FORCED to do everything. Meaning the skill position players are not playing well or the D is blanketing them. 

Apart from Indy or Tennessee (teams with great RBs), name me an NFL team who can create offense outside of their QB? It’s why it’s the most critical position!!!

This dude pretends to be some deep thinker with novel insights but he loves the smell of his own farts too much.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s the Josh Allen and Diggs show. The fact that McD and Beane can’t protect him and have a respectable running game is sad. If it wasn’t for Josh’s mobility, we would be screwed. Imagine losing a race with a Ferrari, that’s what McD is doing. 

It’s coaching and lack of a professional Oline. Imagine having the best QB in the NFL and losing a stat line like that. Some people just can’t win a race even if they have a Ferrari. Sad. 

Imagine losing a race with a Ferrari. Somehow the ravens keep over performing with a Jackson bmw. Har is an underrated coach I guess. 

Trent Dilfer would know. An average QB that won a super bowl due to a good D and coach. If Dilfer can win a super bowl, McD should be able to win with Ferrari Josh. Anything less is embarrassing. 

This is a very weird fixation bro.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

He is spot on and time for Beane to look to see what RB'S are available.  I am so tired of people saying Moss and Singletary are fine when they just cannot make yards and we need our QB to run the ball.  Cook at this point looks like a project or pass receiver,  start bringing in guys for tryouts.  I like Singetary as a pass catcher but we need someone who can get those tough yards.  

Gaining those tough 3rd and short yards have more to do with the oline than it does the running back.  Its getting push when the D knows your running.  Its opening a hole when the D knows you are running.  Our O line just doesnt consistently do that.  Plus our running concepts arent the greatest either.  Our hand offs take as long to actually hand the ball off as running a deep out would.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.