Jump to content

Micah Hyde seeking 2nd opinion on neck injury


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

Wow. Definitely didn’t expect this. Neck injuries are always tricky, but it didn’t even look like a big or awkward hit on the replay. At least from what I recall watching live. He was clearly shaken up. Hopefully it isn’t anything that costs him his season or worse (long term/off the field). 🙏

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m confident we can win Sunday without Hyde, but this immediately makes me worried he’s trying to avoid being done for the season.  

 

Wow, it's crazy how we fans see things differently.  My first impression is the Bills staff may not think it's that bad and he wants

to get it checked out to be sure.

 

Now you could absolutely be right.  I just hope I'm right.

  • Like (+1) 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I like our secondary depth, couple that with our pass rush and explosive Offense and I'm still confident in this game.

 

I still think we win this game too...but for obvious reasons, the pile up of injuries certainly makes this a more dangerous game.  

 

BUT...there is a reality here about this week, and that is the Fins game is going to be more important than I think some people realize for a week 3 game.  If Miami wins, they go to 3-0 and travel to struggling Cincy next week, a game the Fins would be favored in given how poorly Cincy has played thus far.  We would then be 2-1 and headed to Balt for what seems like one of our toughest road games of our whole schedule, and potentially still not a full strength still on defense.  

 

That would put us in the position of facing a potential 2 game deficit after 4 weeks to the Fins in our division.  I still think we beat Miami with the injuries, because like you I like our depth and our ability to disrupt Tua while Allen and the offense should still put up 40+ points.  

 

While all divisional games are important, given the nature of our records and who we play next, this game against Miami is more important than a typical week 3 game.  So going in short handed definitely makes things a little more dicey.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

Wow, it's crazy how we fans see things differently.  My first impression is the Bills staff may not think it's that bad and he wants

to get it checked out to be sure.

 

Now you could absolutely be right.  I just hope I'm right.

 

Definitely hoping you are correct.  No way of knowing right now, but anytime I hear "seeking a second opinion", it's usually because they reallyyy didn't like what the first opinion was. 

  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeah, this is terrible news.  Hope he's ok.  Wouldn't surprise me if he's out a few weeks.  If it's season ending that would be a crusher for him and the team.

 

 

 

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m confident we can win Sunday without Hyde, but this immediately makes me worried he’s trying to avoid being done for the season.  

 

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Getting a 2nd opinion means the first one is bad.

 

The Fins game?  Legitimate concern for his season.   

 

***k

 

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Wow. Definitely didn’t expect this. Neck injuries are always tricky, but it didn’t even look like a big or awkward hit on the replay. At least from what I recall watching live. He was clearly shaken up. Hopefully it isn’t anything that costs him his season or worse (long term/off the field). 🙏

At this rate we're going to go from him getting a second opinion to us acting like he's on life support in an hour or two.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...