Week 3 injury updates

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

So with phillips and Oliver being out the only other dts on the depth chart are settle and jones

.so that means 0 rotation and hoping they both can play 100% of the defensive snaps?

Bryant and Brewer will be active, just like they were last game when Ed and Settle were out

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So what are we looking at on this comically injured defense?..

EDGE: Von, Rousseau, AJ, Boogie, Shaq
DT: Jones, Settle, Bryant, Brewer

They can't dress 9 DLs.  The have to go with the 5 healthy DEs and some will have to substitute in at DT.

Miami doesn't have a bruiser back like the Titans, so I see no problem with that.

That means (if Settle is a go) they only need to call up one for DT. 

I've said this before (and no one really commented about it) a team can only call up the PS guys 3 times in a season.

Whoever gets the nod will have been used twice already!!

It's an important divisional game so I would go with Bryant.

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So what are we looking at on this comically injured defense?..

EDGE: Von, Rousseau, AJ, Boogie, Shaq

DT: Jones, Settle, Bryant, Brewer

LB: Edmunds, Milano

Slot: Johnson

CB: Elam, Benford

S: Johnson, Hamlin

(because why would anyone assume Poyer plays at this point) 

Going to need Von and company to be a wrecking crew. 

I wonder if they'll move Basham to the inside, since they're more concerned with pass than run?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I wonder if they'll move Basham to the inside, since they're more concerned with pass than run?

I’d definitely go with a lot of Rousseau or Basham at DT on passing downs, as well as sending Edmunds on a blitz or replace.

This game is going to be all about hitting Tua. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

They can't dress 9 DLs.  The have to go with the 5 healthy DEs and some will have to substitute in at DT.

Miami doesn't have a bruiser back like the Titans, so I see no problem with that.

That means (if Settle is a go) they only need to call up one for DT. 

I've said this before (and no one really commented about it) a team can only call up the PS guys 3 times in a season.

Whoever gets the nod will have been used twice already!!

It's an important divisional game so I would go with Bryant.

They just dressed 9 DL against the Titans, and I see us doing it again.

Bryant and Brewer needed on early down rotations, and can see us occasionally sliding Groot or Boogie inside on obvious passing situations.

Agree on the 3 PS call ups, that is a bit concerning. But cross that bridge when needed. They have options (ie: cut Shaq, although not ideal, you could try sneaking him onto the PS) and fingers crossed that the DTs can stay healthy for the remainder of season.

• Agree 1

Injury report looking ugly. Hopefully everyone has a chance to be back next week besides Jordan Phillips. This game has its own challenges, but we play two physical teams afterwards in Baltimore and Pitt followed by a matchup with KC before the buy. Losing Jordan and Ed hurts as they have been impactful when on the field. If the Bills get out of Miami with a W it will be the definition of a true team win!

Really hoping for the best with Micah’s injury.

45 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

So with phillips and Oliver being out the only other dts on the depth chart are settle and jones

.so that means 0 rotation and hoping they both can play 100% of the defensive snaps?

That's assuming Settle is playing. Considering he never got a Full Practice in the whole week, he could very easily be out as well.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

They just dressed 9 DL against the Titans, and I see us doing it again.

Bryant and Brewer needed on early down rotations, and can see us occasionally sliding Groot or Boogie inside on obvious passing situations.

Agree on the 3 PS call ups, that is a bit concerning. But cross that bridge when needed. They have options (ie: cut Shaq, although not ideal, you could try sneaking him onto the PS) and fingers crossed that the DTs can stay healthy for the remainder of season.

With Hyde and Jackson out and Poyer banged up I would have thought they would consider a DB to get elevated this week.

Cam Lewis was sitting for an extra DL last week, now he will be dressing.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

This injury report basically says Josh will have to produce more points then Tua as don’t expect many stops on defense. Going to have play soft cover 2 and not gamble. So Tua has to nickel and dime his way down the field. So Josh will have to make his possessions count. He’s done it before. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2

The injuries stink but the good news is that the Bills will still be lining up with professional football players.  Miami doesn’t get to play against air!

The Bills still have #17 and some good offensive players. So they may have to win by out scoring Miami which is very doable. 

17 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This injury report basically says Josh will have to produce more points then Tua as don’t expect many stops on defense. Going to have play soft cover 2 and not gamble. So Tua has to nickel and dime his way down the field. So Josh will have to make his possessions count. He’s done it before. 

Umm, a bunch have been denigrating the need for a running game. 
    Grinding out the clock is a useful way to keep opposing offenses off the field. 

19 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

They are not exactly lining up a junior varsity defense against the Dolphins...

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Oliver must have a high ankle sprain if it's taking this long. It will bother him most of the season.

No. If he had a severe high ankle sprain he would have been IR'd.  It takes 2-4 weeks to recover from a moderate low ankle sprain.  He's still right within that window.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Bills have been so fortunate with injuries in recent years. It’s really incredible. About time attrition catches up. Between these injures and schedule, 4-2 or 3-3 at bye is realistic.

Kim Kardashian Jenner GIF

• Haha (+1) 2