New MNF doubleheader format

YoloinOhio

The split screen sucks, instead of making half the screen for each game, they put each game in a small rectangle that's about 20% of the screen. It's like gluing 2 iPads onto your tv screen.  You can't see anything.

I watch RedZone a lot when the Bills aren't playing, and screen splitting pisses me off to no end. I have to watch a TD pass on a tiny screen so they can also show Cleveland kick a 19yd field goal? Why can't they just delay one of them by 5 seconds & show both in full screen? The only thing worse is when they do the 3-game split...

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

ESPN manages to fu%k everything up.

What an @ss idea

After the initial shock and anger, it’s really for people that want to watch both games for fantasy and betting reasons mostly. People who want to watch the regular broadcast will be able to. ESPN is basically testing out their form of the Red Zone channel, which I actually love to watch. I have Red Zone on my phone during Bills games.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Personally I like the 7:15 PM game start.  

It's a good start time...but for fans who live on the west coast like me, it is a 4:15 start time, which means many people will still be at work or stuck in traffic.

4 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

At least the games aren't pay per view ... yet.

Which is a good point, but they effectively are right now for people who wouldn't have Prime otherwise or rely on Sunday Ticket and the like (albeit at a lower price than PPV). And if they ever go to true PPV, you can expect their viewership to drop and everyone heading to sports bars or private watch parties instead.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

My young sons will watch  the first half which is a good thing

Reminds me when I was young, and watching the Minnesota at Buffalo MNF game right before the strike in 1982 (or was it blacked out and I was listening to the game in the living room??) . I had to go to bed at around half time or the foutth quarter maybe, but I still stayed up and listened quietly to Van Miller's call on the radio in my room in the total dark, lol. The Bills started 2-0 and one one of the SB favorites that year. No way I was going to miss the game. As it turned out, Buffalo came from behind 22-13 in the fourth quarter to win it 23-22. It was definitely worth staying up for!

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.