First impression: James Cook

Victory Formation

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

First impression ... He had a bad first carry.

Talk about overreaction week 1.  The kid recvd his welcome to the NFL moment.  As if Josh Super Allen was perfect from day 1.  Just have to marinate that filet a little more.  He’ll be fine.

Oh, and what is this arrogance stuff?  I watch, read, and listen as much as most of you.  I have no indication he possesses those qualities.  Makes no sense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The athletic had a nice piece about his first carry - he cut up field when he should have followed blocks outside.  He basically ran into traffic and fumbled. 

The amount of outside carries in that game made it seem like it was a focus for them to avoid donald by using tosses and off tackle stuff.  Cook is probably the best back suited to that, but we saw moss getting those touches even though its not his strong suit.  

I dont really like him so far but its early. He has looked slower than i expected but flashed some speed in garbage time tonight.

Need to see more of course he is young rookie so he has time to put it together.

Singletary are best back its not even close IMO

Just now, Bangarang said:

He doesn’t play as fast as I thought he would. 

Yes exactly but he got tast tonight once he got vertical in garbage time. Looks slow moving laterally but he still young rook he needs to develop a little more muscle maybe

I think the Bills have the right idea.

You can put him in the slot or outside twice a game and see if you can find a mismatch.

That’s about all he can handle right now.

Like others have said, Singletary is our best running back, Moss should never see the field, and neither should James Cook really.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.