First impression: James Cook

Victory Formation

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He is coming along nicely...he was lining up as a WR in the 4th quarter as the Bills were seriously down to him, Quentin Morris and Reggie Gilliam for their WR packages.

Meaningful snaps for Cook.  He trending up little by little.  He'll be up and down in use but I looking forward to seeing where he is mid-year.

Also enjoyed the Gilliam catches.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He’s good. He’ll be really good as long as we can continue to scheme and run block well in the run game.

Once he puts on a little more weight (muscle of course) he'll be even better. He's not great right now breaking arm tackles, but with more strength, he'll just continue to get even better.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

He's such a smooth runner.  Impressive lately.   Not sure if the plan next year is to have him as our #1 back it doesn't seem likely.   Would we look to draft our #1 back?  Free agent?  I know we're not trying to spend big money on a rb.

I think he’ll be our #1 back and get 60%ish of the RB carries while someone gets 40%ish.  He just has to improve in pass pro

• Agree 1

On 9/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, Victory Formation said:

For a RB that is kind of smug and full of himself, boy did he disappoint. He will never make it in the NFL if he can’t: A) Hold onto the football and B) Run between the tackles.

I see a player who has top 10 potential, but his personality is a bit abrasive to me. For a guy who hasn’t proven a darn thing, I see no reason for him to have such a disproportionate level of confidence. Yup, you made it to the NFL, your brother is a good player, you were drafted in the 2nd round, but keep in mind that even a player drafted in the 7th round can eat your lunch if you’re not careful.

Found it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I can not believe how many people wrote him off when we have seen the Bills bring along guys slowly before this, especially when Singletary is top 15 back in the league. I am not completely sold.on him yet but the people who wrote him off after 10 games are just stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.