Ravens and Lamar do not reach contract agreement

Steel City Mafia

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

If I'm him I go in to FA and look to head to Houston, Seattle, anywhere else.

I imagine the Ravens will block that by tagging him one or two more years - Ala Kirk Cousins.

Then they can even look to move him for a premium of picks.

I don’t think Lamar really sees FA at this time - they will use him up and then move on.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pretty sure he can’t go anywhere if he’s tagged.

If he wants serious money, dude needs to step up his game. He’s got skills.  I just don’t see him as top 5, and maybe just outside the top 10.  Not a pure passer.

Josh elevates his teammates.  Josh is a stud.  Lamar certainly is no Josh.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

If I'm him I go in to FA and look to head to Houston, Seattle, anywhere else.

They can tag him if need be - I think they can tag him 2 years in a row?

Opinion here but unless he's appreciably leveled-up his passing game, Lamar is going to have some hard learnings if he moves away from Roman.  I think he's a system QB right now and Roman's system is proven ideal for a running QB who can throw deep well enough to keep teams from stacking the box.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Pretty sure he can’t go anywhere if he’s tagged.

If he wants serious money, dude needs to step up his game. He’s got skills.  I just don’t see him as top 5, and maybe just outside the top 10.  Not a pure passer.

Josh elevates his teammates.  Josh is a stud.  Lamar certainly is no Josh.

Which is why the ravens traded their best receiver. 

LJ is either running it or dumping it to Andrews. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They'll make you their percentage back in endorsements, can prevent you from getting swindled by friends/family.  Know trusting people in money management.  

He’s going to learn the lesson of big money sharks. 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Price continues to rise...Baltimore is going to be paying a lot for this muffler.

I'm sure the Baltimore FO knows this.  Them not getting this deal done more likely speaks to the Lamar Jackson experience being done in Baltimore in the next 1-2 years.  The FO has built a team and offense that amplifies all LJ's strengths and tries to minimize all of his weakness'.. but between failures in the playoffs and LJ's smaller frame, I think the FO is realizing that winning a Superbowl with LJ is not likely (because of what it takes to win playoff games) let alone sustainable.

I realize this is quite the hot take..  but if I was a GM in the NFL, I would think twice about investing a lot of money in Lamar Jackson because of what you need around him to win and take advantage of his skills

Go Bills!

• Agree 7

It is a gamble. It really comes down to injuries. I think he is banking on being healthy enough to get a big contract next year. The longer he waits the more he makes. It isn't a bad plan, but the risk is huge considering how he plays. A broken leg, a ruptured spleen (I'm not being funny; remember Bledsoe), or something else catastrophic and he will look like a fool. But, barring anything career ending, he is adding tens of millions to his deal by waiting. 

I heard during pregame that Lamar wanted a fully guaranteed contract like Watson. Sorry but Lamar just isn’t worth that. No way is the Ravens going to pay that. Lamar is a great athlete but he is not an Elite passer. 

he should get an agent. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I imagine the Ravens will block that by tagging him one or two more years - Ala Kirk Cousins.

Then they can even look to move him for a premium of picks.

I don’t think Lamar really sees FA at this time - they will use him up and then move on.

They need to move on. He's not a god QB

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Will anyone pay him what he wants though?

The ravens can get a decent comp pick for him. I think tag and trade is unreasonable. He's not their future. They need something for something. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.