Are you concerned about Elam?

Einstein

The difference between Elam & Dane is that Elam looks to break up the pass, while Dane concedes & just starts tackling the receiver around the legs while he's catching the ball.

Edited by 947

2 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Anyone know what Elam's injury was at the end when he was on the ground getting treatment?  I had no audio at the time so wasn't sure. Could have been just cramp as he didn't seem to distressed.

He played well today. Deserves to start across from White from here on in.

Looked like cramp of some sort. They were stretching out that leg pretty aggressively 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Anyone know what Elam's injury was at the end when he was on the ground getting treatment?  I had no audio at the time so wasn't sure. Could have been just cramp as he didn't seem to distressed.

Looked like a cramp and nobody asked McD about it postgame even when talking about Elam so I'm guessing nothing serious. He also said Jackson could have probably returned and was told that by Head Trainer Nate but left Elam in there 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I hadn't seen this yet. If Elam isn't starting next weekend, then we know Dane Jackson has some kind of photos of McDermott and Frazier doing something that would get him arrested.

I thought the idea was to play him against the speedsters.  I have no idea what they're doing.

20 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That was starter level play on that Gisecki break up. He should at least be #2

He should be CB#2 but I don't think he touched the ball or Gisecki. I think it was a drop and maybe his hand screwed up the timing of the reception. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I thought the idea was to play him against the speedsters.  I have no idea what they're doing.

They play zone defense most of the time. .  He was playing zone coverage just like Tre was. They aren't going to change just because Jackson was out and Elam was in.

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He should be CB#2 but I don't think he touched the ball or Gisecki. I think it was a drop and maybe his hand screwed up the timing of the reception. 

They play zone defense most of the time. .  He was playing zone coverage just like Tre was. They aren't going to change just because Jackson was out and Elam was in.

Watch it again

19 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

And Tre White played his best game of the season and is rounding into shape. There's a scenario here where the Bills get their best CB play in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He still struggles to get his head around… this is more a byproduct of how bad Thompson played rather than how good Elam was.

To me the failure of DBs to turn for the ball is strictly a coaching issue. I hope this does not persist as an issue anymore.

Look for the g__da_ned ball.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

And Tre White played his best game of the season and is rounding into shape. There's a scenario here where the Bills get their best CB play in the playoffs.

To me the failure of DBs to turn for the ball is strictly a coaching issue. I hope this does not persist as an issue anymore.

Look for the g__da_ned ball.

Toss in Bedford just came of the injury list he could be available against the Bengals depending how many CBs we want to dress. Things are getting better on the back end again. 

• Like (+1) 2

Loved seeing Elam man up Hill.  He actually chucked him at the line without a 8 yard cushion, exactly what they needed to do.   He needs to be on Chase too.  He’s going to get lit up once in a while, but at least he has a fighters chance against a WR w speed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I wasn't worried when we drafted him and I'm definitely not now watching him mature into an NFL player. He is seriously the best corner on this team right now. He's 2nd on the team in interceptions, made huge plays in coverage. He shut Tyreek down I think as best as anyone has this year. He's big, physical and capable of man to man coverage and as Shaq said in his presser, he's clearly been studying and working.

When Tre is 100% again next year, we will have the best duo in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Luka said:

I wasn't worried when we drafted him and I'm definitely not now watching him mature into an NFL player. He is seriously the best corner on this team right now. He's 2nd on the team in interceptions, made huge plays in coverage. He shut Tyreek down I think as best as anyone has this year. He's big, physical and capable of man to man coverage and as Shaq said in his presser, he's clearly been studying and working.

When Tre is 100% again next year, we will have the best duo in the NFL.

Tre appears to have lost a step.  He is always a step behind the defenders.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.