Are you concerned about Elam?

Einstein

23 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Tre appears to have lost a step.  He is always a step behind the defenders.

12 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Yep.  Tre has advanced into the "wily veteran" stage of his career.  Plenty of value on the field but no longer a guy who puts WRs on an island.

I disagree with you guys.

It looks to me like Tre is improving every week and getting close to the player he was pre-injury.

JMO.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Do people understand how ACL injuries work sometimes I wonder

To my understanding, they don’t work…hence the problem. Players can’t walk, much less run?😬 

I agree with your statement 100% which, with all the Drs, lawyers, coaches and otherwise gurus on this board, we SHOULD all know the answers. 

1 hour ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

To my understanding, they don’t work…hence the problem. Players can’t walk, much less run?😬 

I agree with your statement 100% which, with all the Drs, lawyers, coaches and otherwise gurus on this board, we SHOULD all know the answers. 

Yeah, we got a little bit of everything here

The point I’m trying to make us you’re not going to see the actual Tre this year, but people that say that he lost a step just infuriate me. He has not lost a step. He is slowly working his way back while he is playing from a major injury every passing game he looks a little better.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

The only thing I'm concerned with Elam is that this stubborn coaching staff won't start him next week

The bias of this coaching staff against rookies seems to get worse each year. 

Elam would effectively be a "second year guy" by now if they had just let him play and learn throughout the season.

They are finally starting to see the light with Cook. Maybe Dorsey will even dial up a pass to him this week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On almost any other team both Elam & Cook would be starting over the guys we have. This team is too cautious with rookies more often than not. Let them play and learn. Both would be even better if they were starters by week 8 this year. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Elam would effectively be a "second year guy" by now if they had just let him play and learn throughout the season.

They are finally starting to see the light with Cook. Maybe Dorsey will even dial up a pass to him this week. 

Damn didn't see your post, I said something very similar right after you. LET THE ROOKIES PLAY!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

On almost any other team both Elam & Cook would be starting over the guys we have. This team is too cautious with rookies more often than not. Let them play and learn. Both would be even better if they were starters by week 8 this year. 

Damn didn't see your post, I said something very similar right after you. LET THE ROOKIES PLAY!

It’s just not in McDermott style. He’s going to go with the veterans first on a playoff team always unless there is a significant talent difference.

I personally think that Elon brings a skill set that we can really use to walk down a speed player

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s just not in McDermott style. He’s going to go with the veterans first on a playoff team always unless there is a significant talent difference.

I personally think that Elon brings a skill set that we can really use to walk down a speed player

I think Cook is our best pick of the draft and should already be starting. He has 7 plays of at least 24 yards on only 110 touches(89 rushes, 21 catches).

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

YES.

It pisses me off to no end that we kept trotting Dane Jackson and Benford out there over Elam. Elam is gifted, much like Tre. When you draft a guy like that in the 1st, you play him. He was still very impressive against Hill and will need a similar performance against Chase this week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.