How confident are you going into tonight's game?

Einstein

How confident are you going into tonight's game?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you going into tonight's game?

• Very confident - The Bills will win
    • Confident - I think they should win but wouldn't be surprised by a loss
    • Not confident - The Bills will lose
    • Unsure - I do not know what to think. Ask me tomorrow.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

I'm confident.  Just *really* hoping McD and Dorsey have the stones to cut Allen loose.  He scourged the Pats in the Wild Card game, and once we were down late enough against KC they stopped playing conservative against the Chiefs and Allen shredded them as well, from that point on.  If they don't play conservative on offense, I think the Bills put up a ton of points, and I don't think the Rams, even as good as they are, can keep up.

Biggest question for me is our D.  The pass rush has been good at putting pressure on the QB, but have not been quick enough getting there when needed (ref: KC game last year).  We need to get good pressure tonight or we could be in trouble defensively.  This is where we see what Von Miller's got, and how much he helps not only by being him, but in what he's taught our other pass rushers.

But yeah, just remembering Allen's performance in the playoffs, I'm confident.

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills have a better QB, better RB situation, even WRs, and a better TE.   

On paper the D is a push but will give LA the edge given absence of White.   

With a better QB and RB and TE, and push on D, I think you should win 80 percent of the time.   The Bills may be favored, but this is a bit of a revenge game of sorts, almost the SB that should have been. I don’t think the players are taking this as an “inferior opponent”.  Also, a good team wins games when favored.  

Finally, the Bills have been great in prime time.  

It's game 1 of a long season.  I feel good, but the Rams are likely to be the toughest opponent we'll face all season, and we're at their place. Against a great WR corps, while we are trying out what is essentially a brand new set of CB's.

I'm ready for anything.  I feel like we could blow them out, or it could be a relatively close win for the Rams.  The one scenario that's hard to picture is a blowout win for the Rams, but that's why they play the games.

I don't think my response helped, but it's all I've got.

44 minutes ago, Gugny said:

A week ago, I was nearly certain the Bills are going to lose this game.

A couple days ago, I was fairly confident the Bills are going to win this game.

In a few hours, I'll have the Bills winning by 8.

By 7pm ET tonight, I'll be predicting a 2-score win for the Bills.

Word is Stafford's arm is hurt. Kept away from any real test.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

My main concern is we basically are starting rookies against the best receiver in the nfl last season

Frazier should have a plan for this.  Safety help should provide containment.   This is my only concern also.  But I don’t think Rams can match our offense overall.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What I want and what I think 🧐 are two different things 

"God have mercy on the man, who doubts what he's sure of..." -BS

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What I want and what I think 🧐 are two different things 

"God have mercy on the man, who doubts what he's sure of..." -BS

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Frazier should have a plan for this.  Safety help should provide containment.   This is my only concern also.  But I don’t think Rams can match our offense overall.  

The rookie DB will be tested for sure. I still feel a little better than I would if it was Levi

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting that a lot of the national pundits I’ve seen are picking the Bills to win the SB but lose this game. 

I'm actually glad to hear that because I think the disrespect of having Vegas odds favor the Bills to beat the Rams, at home, on Banner Night, has to be motivational for the Rams.

54 minutes ago, Bills92 said:

I think it was MRob that mentioned earlier this week on One Bills Drive, that teams are still trying to figure themselves out the first four weeks of the season..  and that is even more true when you consider the rules regarding mini camps / practices / three pre-season games now.  So he emphasized a couple of things that usually happen in the first four weeks is 

1) The talent of the team usually defines who wins these games early in the season

2) That the hunger / will to win also plays a part

I do not have a good feeling about this game...  but if you buy into what MRob says, and recognizing that we are the more talented team and after KC and the mantra of 'Find a way' you have to Billieve that we win this game..  

Go Bills!

Are the Bills more talented? Even if so it is not by much.  Rams are very good and have best defensive player in the NFL. Bills are missing Tre. 

That said I think this offense is going to be special. 

Bills 38 Rams 31

Please no repeat stinker like last year on national television. 

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I think until we get Tre back our defense is going to struggle against an offense like the Rams. Once he's back and Elam gets some reps under his belt, that's when this team is really going to take off. Offense is going to have to put a bunch of points on the board to win for the first 4 or 5 games.

LMSB this is a really great take.

Kudos, brother.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm actually glad to hear that because I think the disrespect of having Vegas odds favor the Bills to beat the Rams, at home, on Banner Night, has to be motivational for the Rams.

I don't see Rams having any more or less motivation than Bills. Defending Champs being the team to beat, also Bills have probably been ready for this since January.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.