How confident are you going into tonight's game?

Einstein

How confident are you going into tonight's game?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you going into tonight's game?

• Very confident - The Bills will win
    • Confident - I think they should win but wouldn't be surprised by a loss
    • Not confident - The Bills will lose
    • Unsure - I do not know what to think. Ask me tomorrow.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

I will put myself out there as very confident. I think we have young talented CB's that even post tre will change how we play defense. I think the media has been way to hard on Elam especially and they are going to shine.

Now we are playing the word champs but this year we have a dude named vod who has helped us on both sides of the line. Rams never get within a TD of us until the last drive. cook is going to show us why he was drafted earlier This game is going to be fun to watch... let the dogs play with the squeaky toys cause this game does not get squeaky close.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

I'm confident.  Just *really* hoping McD and Dorsey have the stones to cut Allen loose.  He scourged the Pats in the Wild Card game, and once we were down late enough against KC they stopped playing conservative against the Chiefs and Allen shredded them as well, from that point on.  If they don't play conservative on offense, I think the Bills put up a ton of points, and I don't think the Rams, even as good as they are, can keep up.

Biggest question for me is our D.  The pass rush has been good at putting pressure on the QB, but have not been quick enough getting there when needed (ref: KC game last year).  We need to get good pressure tonight or we could be in trouble defensively.  This is where we see what Von Miller's got, and how much he helps not only by being him, but in what he's taught our other pass rushers.

But yeah, just remembering Allen's performance in the playoffs, I'm confident.

Good points, but keep in mind those "slow" d-linemen are no longer in a Bills uniform (Hughes and Addison)

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Unsure, it doesn’t change my high hopes for the season. It’s just the fact these opening night games can be weird. 

Same. I'm confident we'll be making a run at the Super Bowl, one way or another. I'm confident we are the better team on paper tonight.

But opening night... Hyped up in LA... And we dont have the best opening track record... Plus, anything can happen with these weird games.

My heart says Bills by a Billion. But my brain says 50/50.

• Like (+1) 2

Week 1 is always too unpredictable. Being the first prime time game against the super bowl champs and all the hype surrounding both teams.. I expect buffalo to show up and play a solid game, but I can see LA possibly dominating the trenches in this one and grinding out an ugly win. The homer in me expects a just savage pass rush terrorizing Stafford all night and Allen scorching Ramsey for 3-4 touchdowns in a blowout though 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills have an O-line that’s never played together as a unit, a new offensive coordinator, an average CB and a rookie (or 2) covering top tier WRs. And the starters barely played in preseason. 
I think they’ll start just as they did 2021. They’re being overhyped and have to be brought down to Earth. I think the defending champs have the edge. 
Would love nothing more than to be wrong. 
Should be close. 

17 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

The Bills have an O-line that’s never played together as a unit, a new offensive coordinator, an average CB and a rookie (or 2) covering top tier WRs. And the starters barely played in preseason. 
I think they’ll start just as they did 2021. They’re being overhyped and have to be brought down to Earth. I think the defending champs have the edge. 
Would love nothing more than to be wrong. 
Should be close. 

Conversely, the Rams have an O-line that's never played together as a unit, a new offensive coordinator (yes, I know McVay runs the O), a star CB coming off of shoulder surgery and has yet to test it against contact, a QB with potential elbow issues, and their starters haven't played at all during preseason. 

I think its going to be a shootout

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsBytheBay said:

we need to make sure our young defensive backs get help. if we support them, I think we win a high scoring game.

but I voted confident. they are the defending Super Bowl champions.

I've liked what I've seen from our young backs. They've not shied away from playing physical. Not being the veteran will probably cost them some PI flags that veteran DBs wouldn't get.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's 50/50, and won't be surprised (or heart-broken) if the Rams win.   As long as we don't have any major injuries tonight in what I see as basically another "preseason game", I still have high hopes for the season no matter what happens tonight.   In fact, if the Bills do lose this one, I think it might actually help them focus even more on the rest of the season, especially when they start playing AFC opponents.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.