Ozzy - HalfTime Act

First Round Bust

12 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Just like Keith Richards who will outlive ALL of us!!!     ALL.  OF.  US.

This man will outlive all of us.....he refuses to die even tho he has been on the edge a few times......you will be gone b4 him!!!

Keith taught Willie Nelson how to play guitar when Willie was just a young boy.

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Buddy of mine works security at Amalie arena here in Tampa. The eagles were playing and he said they were all instructed to never look any of the members in the eye if they were walking past them. That is pretty dickish.

Kind of taking it to the limit, ain't it?...

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

First they said because of the high taxes but their PR team quickly changed it to "too many guns." More politically acceptable reason to flee California apparently (even though that state has the strictest gun laws in the country) and I could probably think of a million other reasons to leave but that's the one they landed on. But glad to see he's sticking around long enough to get another pay day. I'll be utilizing the facilities at halftime 

UK is hardly a tax haven...

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

yeah, like that. My wife (Luther Vandross  nut) absolutely hates that song for some reason. I’ve performed it in the past, but since Covid, it’s getting harder to hit those notes at ‘don’t your feet get cold on the wintertime’ section. 

Part of my distain for The Eagles is that I think Henley is a total dick. He’s got guitarist Don Felder to thank for putting million$ in his bank account. It was Felder who created the iconic chord sequence and guitar solos for their biggest hit, Hotel California. Eventually, Felder and co-dick Glenn Frey fired him. 

Hotel California is one of dozens of hits that made the Eagles rich.  Most were written by Frey and/or Henley.  If there was most-expendable original member, it was Felder.

I will agree that they (original lineup) all seem(ed) like d!cks.

Edited by Gugny

4 hours ago, babulator said:

Ozzy loves to perform live, dare I say it's what he lives for. He'll perform well, much like Mick does after all these years. He'll perform well, he'll be surrounded by uber talented musicians, he'll play the melody of his classics, it'll be worth a watch.  🤘

I saw Ozzy and Crew @ the Aud around 87' or 88', so it's been a while.

nostalgia at what was, and is Now Mr Ozzy Osbourne. Rock icon and we are losing them yearly. If you were a fan and prefer to keep those memories pure from the 80's I totally get that. I would want to see him perform now because he will give it his all. And  in his situation I think that is brave too. Noone wants to see a broken parody of who he was. I predict he will hella bring it the best he can.

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I bet a large chunk of Ozzie's income is capital gains so taxed far less than personal income from other sources. 

UK with 45% personal income tax, plus local tax (say, London--1.5%), plus council tax plus 20% VAT on purchases.

Cali is expensive though.  Same for NY, NJ....gotta get that SALT deduction back on the books!

16 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I’m a musician and grew up in the era of ‘classic rock’, but can we please just move on? Enough already with these 70-something relic rock acts and this worn out 70’s music. If I never hear Hotel California or More Than a Feeling again I’m fine with it.  

Quite a diverse set of opinions. That’s what makes this forum great…especially if you agree with me 😜

47FC9FB2-7220-4531-A74E-C5ED49A8420F.thumb.jpeg.7216a82fc573b330461a6e9385b11282.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Fans in the stadium will probably miss some or all of the performance in line at the bathroom.  Those at home are going to be treated to maybe one song.  To those who can't bear to watch one song from Old Ozzy, turn the channel for 15 minutes.

my reply? D. V. R. Its fabulous 🙂 I partake every week just sayin'

• Agree 1

Since they play his song Crazy Train at pretty much every sports event in the US it might be fun for the audience to hear him live. I sure prefer this choice to pretty much every other previous half time spectacle. 

And by the way, Boston was an awesome band. 

On 9/2/2022 at 8:47 PM, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Thought I just read he was back in England.  He did not look well.  I think he just did a live performance with Tony Iommi ... Ozzy needed a guard rail around him to stand straight.  I hope he does play, he is awesome.

I just read something that said he has parkinsons.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.